Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What Tom Jackson said on "The Blitz"...am i dreaming

SkinsAllDay34

Just watching the Blitz and after the highlights they discussed how philly has had a tough time closing out games or sealing the deal, and then they praised Zorn and what he has done with Campbell and ball security. He then said that if we keep playing like we are (mistake free football) we could be in Tampa come end of the season.

Man this is too much for me...first Boomer (CBS) says we are probably the best team in the NFL and then TJ says SB...SAY WE SUCK OR SOMETHING I AM WAITING:mad::mad:

I don't want to be overly praised. We deserve some credit...but why do all the analysts have to talk SB this early in the season. I don't think our team is going to lose focus. Zorn gave them the day off, but the team refused and said they want to come in and study film. This is a veteran team tha is ready to take it to the next level. I don't see us falling off. We will be competitive every game. I'm not ready to talk SB, but we definately are looking like a solid team heading to elite.

Why is anyone surprised? You pretty much knew they'd be all over our nutsack if we won this game. The key is to enjoy it WITHOUT letting it go to your head. NFL football is fickle and parity and fate are familiar bedfellows as of late.

We are NOT last year's Patriots so there's a benchmark to say, "Hey, we're good but we're not THAT good". That may help keep us grounded.

We have a legitimate reason to be excited. We're 4-1, tied for first in the division, and are riding a 4-game winning streak. And it's not the fact we're winning, but HOW we're winning. Our offense still hasn't committed a turnover and after 5 games our defense has already successfully contained 5 of the top 6 offenses in the league, despite missing a few of our defensive stars to injury. Moss entered the game 2nd in the league in receiving yards and although Philly shut him down, in doing so, they allowed Portis to beat them into submission.

Bottom line - besides maybe Reed Doughty, we really don't have any obvious weakness on this team. We can beat you through the air, we can beat you on the ground. We can shut down your running game, we can contain your passing game. Our kicker is hitting his kicks, our punter has settled down and now looks to be solid, and our rookie coach is basically out coaching the opposition every week.

That said, the season is long, and we're only 1 Jason Campbell injury away from being an average team.

But we if can stay healthy and keep taking these games one at a time, this can be a very special season.

Yeah, last thing we want to do is turn into dallas fans these past 3 years. All you hear from them is how they are the best in the nfc and they haven't even made it to the conference championship.

We deserve a little praise, afterall we're 4-1 after facing the toughest schedule of any team in the nfl, but it doesn't mean much if we end up 4-12.

Archived