Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Norfolk, Virginia Skins Fans

Ghent

I just moved to the area and watched the Dallas game from home... I wouldn't mind watching us go 4-1 while pounding some beers with some fellow Skins fans.

:cheers:

Anyone know of any good Skins bars in Norfolk around Granby or Ghent?

:eaglesuck

Welcome to tidewater.

Remember, keep one hand on you wallet, and wear your B&G with pride...

1310 AM, ESPN radio has a local *******., Toney Mecurio. The afternoon show from 3-on has call in. Your best bet would be to listen (if you can stand mecurio, I think he is Tony Homo's DILF) He is a vitrolic cow**** :dallasuck lover, but has been here forever and can hook ya into skins bar...

One thing sucks round here, I wonder if the Navy aint 1/2 Cow****, 1/2 Iggle and 1/2 Steelers fan. It is strange to have DC the closest market, and the number of uneducated folks who follow those jerks instead of the skins...

Welcome to tidewater.

Remember, keep one hand on you wallet, and wear your B&G with pride...

1310 AM, ESPN radio has a local *******., Toney Mecurio. The afternoon show from 3-on has call in. Your best bet would be to listen (if you can stand mecurio, I think he is Tony Homo's DILF) He is a vitrolic cow**** :dallasuck lover, but has been here forever and can hook ya into skins bar...

One thing sucks round here, I wonder if the Navy aint 1/2 Cow****, 1/2 Iggle and 1/2 Steelers fan. It is strange to have DC the closest market, and the number of uneducated folks who follow those jerks instead of the skins...

My car has the Skins flags and my radio is on 102.1 the game all day long... Mecurio sucks. I'll never listen to that clown again... I can't believe how many dallas fans are in this area. I'm always seeing cars with Dallas flags... I've had a few friendly :dallasuck exchanges with them at red lights.

I live one block from Granby street. Watched the game at home with my wife but afterwords strolled over to AJ Gators expecting to see other Skins fans. Walked into gators and shouted how bout them Redskins. To my surprise, however, there was nothing but Dallas fans who weren't very happy about my gesture. So, what i'm trying to say is... welcome to the neighborhood and hope to see you out supporting the team.

Hail

AJ Gators in Downtown Norfolk is the place to go.

Once I get some extra cash, we can pull something together.

The owner of Miss kitties in virginia beach is a redskins fan, that would be a fun place to watch the game, and is only a mile from my house.

I live one block from Granby street. Watched the game at home with my wife but afterwords strolled over to AJ Gators expecting to see other Skins fans. Walked into gators and shouted how bout them Redskins. To my surprise, however, there was nothing but Dallas fans who weren't very happy about my gesture. So, what i'm trying to say is... welcome to the neighborhood and hope to see you out supporting the team.

Hail

I Live right on Colonial ave so Granby is two minutes away. I'll be at AJ's to watch the Philly game. Does it get very crowded? Do you need to get there early to get a table?

Welcome to the melting pot of the NFL. There are so many Puke fans here it's ridiculous. The military brings in all kinds of fans. I usually watch the games w/my b-i-l(who's a member here now..yay!). So I can't help w/the bar suggestions....Just wanted to welcome you to the area...Skins need all the fans they can get around here! Stupid, ignorant Puke fans are everywhere..uugghhh

*edit* you don't live far from me..Colonial Ave is about 5 blocks from me..I live off of Church St in the Olde Huntersville section. Not the greatest section in the city..but it's home...again welcome to the neighborhood!

*edit 2* Wouldn't mind gathering at some point w/some Skins fans here tho. That would be fun. Hopefully if you all pull it together and post it..I will try to make it at some point.

Welcome to the Tidewater/Hampton Roads area! Definitely nice to have another Redskins fan in the area, we can NEVER have too many of those. I usually watch the game at home, so I'm afraid I won't be much help as to where to watch the game, but definitely wanted to say welcome.

At a minimum you have the Beach Blitz to look forward to in May as a gathering place for the Redskins fans!

Again, welcome....

Hail! :dallasuck

I just moved to the area and watched the Dallas game from home... I wouldn't mind watching us go 4-1 while pounding some beers with some fellow Skins fans.

:cheers:

Anyone know of any good Skins bars in Norfolk around Granby or Ghent?

You should checkout Baxters. Its off Granby. It has plenty of plasma screens.

If you ever make it out Va. Beach, Buffalo Wild Wings is cool (kind of over rated though) or ShoreBreak.

If you're feeling like a baller........check out "Just Georges" off Laskin Road. Its the best seafood place in the city, and you can hit the buffet line up and watch the games. PLus they tons of flat wide screens all over the place. The place is off the hook.

You should checkout Baxters. Its off Granby. It has plenty of plasma screens.

If you ever make it out Va. Beach, Buffalo Wild Wings is cool (kind of over rated though) or ShoreBreak.

If you're feeling like a baller........check out "Just Georges" off Laskin Road. Its the best seafood place in the city, and you can hit the buffet line up and watch the games. PLus they tons of flat wide screens all over the place. The place is off the hook.

Just Georges is the shiznit......

that is all.

I heard Georges is a huge Steelers bar. Do any Skins fans go there?

Not necessarily. But who cares anyway.

I watched the Bears/Skins game last year at Georges and they had plenty of Burgandy and Gold all over the place.

I also remember watching the Dallass/Packers thursday night game last year and that place was jammed packed with cowgirls fans. Keep in mind it was the only game playing.

But being that the Skins are doing good so far, I'm pretty sure you'll find a descent amount of Skins fans there.

CP shuckers on shore drive. Bartenders are Skins fans and place has alot of skins fans and it is a local spot. Stay away from 1310 and Meatball man!

Yeah, ShoreBreak off of Shore Drive has a descent amount of Skins fans. Sharxx at the Ocean Front has some supporters as well. I think the manager is a Skins fan.

I'm in downtown Norfolk on York St. I like AJ's over Baxters though I did watch the Saints game at Baxters, watched all of preseason at AJ's. I don't do well when other fans are around particularly Cowboys fans so I watched that one at home too.

Sounds like we may have a little Skin's fans posse in the area. We should set up something up. Shorebreak in VB is nice, the wait staff in particular, but its a drive and its much better to be able to walk home I think...if you need to.

We could try one out this week and maybe some others to find a place that feels like home. Maybe someplace on Colley possibly. Red dog, kellys, or colley cantina.

If you're going to AJ's, I'll come watch.

And welcome to the area. Mecurio is the absolute worst. We at least have some other options, he use to be the only gig in town for the afterwork commute.

With all the military in the area, there is too many Cowpuke fans. Won't listen to Mecurio

on 1310 in the afternoons. He made an unrepectful remark about ST when he passed away.

Being so close to DC, most Redskin fans watch from home. You may try to start a group that gets together each week. None that I know of here on the peninsula.

. You may try to start a group that gets together each week. None that I know of here on the peninsula.

This would be great! I would come to a few here & there....I would try to get my in-laws to come..but I don't know if they would go for it...but I could try..and if not...I'll come by myself..I'm a big girl now..lol..we should try to work out something...I can't make this weekend's but perhaps something down the road...anywhere is fine w/me...I can drive...and I can give a ride if someone doesn't want to drive..I don't drink any more so I can be a designated driver...I think it would be fun!

I lived in good ol Norfuk for about 8 years (now back in DC), the Hooters at Waterside used to have a decent skins fan base - small TV's though. AJ Gators is OK. I lived on Melrose ave by ODU but I've heard they've torn down a lot of the bars in that area.

Does anyone remember an old bar right outside of downtown (on Brambleton I think) that was painted burgandy with no sign except a Redskins helmet?

I lived in good ol Norfuk for about 8 years (now back in DC), the Hooters at Waterside used to have a decent skins fan base - small TV's though. AJ Gators is OK. I lived on Melrose ave by ODU but I've heard they've torn down a lot of the bars in that area.

Does anyone remember an old bar right outside of downtown (on Brambleton I think) that was painted burgandy with no sign except a Redskins helmet?

Yes...It was not far from the hospital. The sign was taken down :(. I think alot of doctors hang out there now. Not sure tho...I remember seeing that every time I drove down that street and thought...cool..a Skins helmet!..lol. It was Brambleton btw but it sat off of the "service road"..not far from Scope.

What Up, I go to ODU which is right off hampton. We should try THE EDGE, they have a 7ft Projection screen, pool tables, and tv all around. Not too big of a crowd either, We would own the place.

Hmmm ...The Edge...where on Hampton is this? Near the campus or near the base?. Sounds good to me..anywhere w/big TV's gets my vote..lol

I'm in downtown Norfolk on York St. I like AJ's over Baxters though I did watch the Saints game at Baxters, watched all of preseason at AJ's. I don't do well when other fans are around particularly Cowboys fans so I watched that one at home too.

Sounds like we may have a little Skin's fans posse in the area. We should set up something up. Shorebreak in VB is nice, the wait staff in particular, but its a drive and its much better to be able to walk home I think...if you need to.

We could try one out this week and maybe some others to find a place that feels like home. Maybe someplace on Colley possibly. Red dog, kellys, or colley cantina.

If you're going to AJ's, I'll come watch.

And welcome to the area. Mecurio is the absolute worst. We at least have some other options, he use to be the only gig in town for the afterwork commute.

I'm going to AJ's on Granby this sunday with a buddy (another skins fan). I'll be wearing a Sean Taylor T-Shirt with 21 on the front and back. Keep an eye out for me if you go.

On another note, did you all hear that John Castleberry is done on 102.1 The Game? They announced it today. I work out of my car and had him on everyday from 2-4. Red Zebra owns The Game... This has Snyder written all over it... He probably made some deal with some lame Nationally Syndicated show.

I remember it; that was a loooong time ago; they are building a hotel where it used to stand as we speak.

I'm going to AJ's on Granby this sunday with a buddy (another skins fan). I'll be wearing a Sean Taylor T-Shirt with 21 on the front and back. Keep an eye out for me if you go.

On another note, did you all hear that John Castleberry is done on 102.1 The Game? They announced it today. I work out of my car and had him on everyday from 2-4. Red Zebra owns The Game... This has Snyder written all over it... He probably made some deal with some lame Nationally Syndicated show.

Yea I heard that today as I was heading back to work from lunch; couldn't catch why though....he seemed pretty sore about it.

Did the reason for it ever come out?

Archived