Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is brain fog?

WVUforREDSKINS

It's a slang term used a lot with MS and other neuro diseases. From patients like me (an MS sight):

"Brain Fog" is a slang expression used in several medical conditions (but particularly MS) which refers to cognitive symptoms including short term memory loss, lack of concentration, losing the thread of a conversation, or not making sense.

-------------

Seriously,for me, think about trying to have a conversation when you're really tired & hung over. No matter what word I'm looking for, it just won't come out. I get kind of tired of word fishing so you use words that don't quite get to the heart of the issue you're trying to think about or say. At one point I spent 5 min trying to remember my wife's name. Eventually I got to "that woman I live with" and the people around me were incredulous that I couldn't remember her name as they filled in the blanks. Sometimes it bugs me when other fill in my thoughts because I speak too slow, but most of the time I'm thankful. Really when I'm frustrated it's more with myself for not being able to articulate any thing. I get tired of trying because the delay between thoughts is too great. Imagine a book on tape with the reader pausing for 2 seconds between each sentence. How long before you just turn on the radio?It's frustrating trying to get one's thoughts through a layer of mental cotton.:(

Tell her to give you a bj, see if that helps. :)

C'mon, you've gotta play it up. Tell her that research has indicated that the high protein content combined with the increased heart rate has been shown to increase mental acuity. :)

Archived