Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GrimReefa's Week 4/5 Power Rankings

GrimReefa

Why should you read them? Well, you probably shouldn't. But I'm posting them anyway.

(Note: I did this last week, but I didn't post them.)

32. Rams (Last week: 31) - If you think that Jim Haslett can do a better job coaching your team than the guy you hired to coach them in the first place, you need to consider firing yourself.

31. Lions (32) - Not to rain on the parade, Lions' fans, but is there any reason to believe that the ownership that hired Millen and inexplicably kept him around forever will make a better decision this time?

30. Texans (29) - Competitive against the Jaguars - now they get a slew of home games to try and climb up the ladder.

29. Bengals (27) - Don't lose that game with Palmer in. That said, winning that game would only get them to 28.

28. Browns (28) - See?

27. Chiefs (30) - Great win, one or two more of those and I'll be ready to forget about them getting trounced by the Raiders.

26. Raiders (25) - I can't see how any reasonably intelligent person would take this job. There is one heck of a good head coach available.

25. Falcons (20) - It's tough to win on the road with a rookie quarterback, but if they can get over that hump, they could be a pretty good team.

24. Vikings (18) - Looks like Gus Frerotte isn't going to lead them to glory, after all.

23. Cardinals (11) - Yikes! Was that simply the result of the worst coaching decision ever, or is there something fundamentally wrong with this team that the Jets uncovered? Stay tuned.

22. Seahawks (21) - Finally have a healthy receiving corps. It'll be interesting to see what they can do.

21. 49ers (19) - This is a very tough team to figure out. That's all I got.

20. Jets (26) - All credit to Favre for a great game, but I think me and 21 other posters on this site selected at random could beat a football team that just spent an entire week hanging out at Tyson's Corner.

19. Patriots (24) - Do the Patriots shoot right back into the conversation with a dominating post-bye performance, or does a loss to San Francisco put them in the NFL's basement?

18. Colts (17) - Colts and Pats at 18 and 19? How the mighty have fallen...

17. Jaguars (13) - I'm sorry, but I can't take a team that needs a 4th and 8 scramble from their oversized QB to beat the Texans at home (in overtime!) seriously. I just can't.

16. Dolphins (23) - How do you move up 7 spots in your bye week? By a lot of other teams proving to be garbage.

15. Packers (9) - If Aaron Rodgers isn't healthy, they'll be sliding even further.

14. Ravens (12) - Tough loss, but it looks like the Ravens finally found their quarterback. Too bad Brian Billick couldn't be alive to see it.

13. Eagles (4) - Donovan McNabb is 31, and Brian Westbrook is 29. I'm guessing health problems will be plaguing the Eagles' backfield all year long.

12. Bears (22) - All of a sudden they look like the beasts of the NFC North.

11. Buccaneers (15) - Great win by a team that is once again playing great defense. Brian Griese is looking awfully Brad Johnson/Trent Dilfer-esque.

10. Saints (14) - After everybody slammed their defense when they went on the road to play consecutive games against what have turned out to be pretty good offenses, the Saints showed a lot by smoking a decent 49er team at home.

9. Chargers (10) - This team seems to be missing something, I can't quite figure out what it is...Oh wait, I remember; Norv Turner is their coach.

8. Broncos (3) - Well, that's a loss that'll bring you back down to reality in a hurry. This defense needs to get fixed, pronto.

7. Steelers (6) - It's pretty obvious now that they will be in a battle with the Ravens all year long.

6. Panthers (16) - I may have had them too low last week, but that loss to Minnesota is still a puzzler.

5. Bills (8) - At this point in the season, an undefeated record has to be worth a spot in the top 5.

4. Cowboys (1) - A riled up Dallas squad has the Bengals coming to town in a game made for your suicide pool. Assuming you weren't dumb enough to pick them last week.

3. Redskins (7) - They came. They saw. They conquered.

2. Titans (5) - Can Kerry Collins really QB a Super Bowl team in this stage of his career?

1. Giants (2) - Well, they are the Super Bowl Champions after all.

I can't figure out why, and not just in your rankings, but just about all of them, why Pittsburgh is ranked so high? Higher than the Eagles?

They barely beat Baltimore, who at this point, has the worst starting QB in the league. That team is highly overrated.

Other than that, nice job.

Archived