Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Oprah Winfrey's Mother Countersues to avoid Debt

DixieFlatline

Clearly legislation needs to be enacted against this kind of predatory lending...assuming they even gave Ms. Lee extra credit based on familial ties.

However, people need to shoulder some responsibility here too. Come on. This isn't even mortgage, it's a high end fashion store. Someone who spends that unGodly amount of money on that kind of crap should punished...if nothing more than for morbid stupidity. I'm sorry, but I feel not one lick of pity for people who spend their money on crap like this then shift the blame solely onto another entitiy. That's absolutely absurd.

Agreed. However I also feel no pity for the lender who approved the line of credit for her. That's equally absurd. You lend money for a second time to someone that you yourself have previously had to take to court to get paid and you're surprised when the same thing happens again? Oh please! :rolleyes:

Agreed. However I also feel no pity for the lender who approved the line of credit for her. That's equally absurd. You lend money for a second time to someone that you yourself have previously had to take to court to get paid and you're surprised when the same thing happens again? Oh please! :rolleyes:

Of course not. I don't feel sorry for the lender or Oprah's mom. I feel sorry for my brain for having to process the overload of stupidity by all parties in this story.

Archived