Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas Cowboys' defense hasn't earned label as one of league's best

SkinsTight

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/ksherrington/stories/092908dnsposherrington.1d44ffa.html

IRVING – Question: Can we now table the discussion for a few weeks on where the Cowboys' firepower ranks in military history?

Better question: Can the Cowboys count?

Never mind that one of the NFL's most celebrated secondaries has gone four games without an interception, and for once we can't even blame it on Roy Williams.

No, the lack of forced turnovers wasn't the worst of it in a 26-24 loss to Washington on Sunday.

I dont' usually read opposing team's papers but I liked this quote I saw in the Star-telegram:

"It wasn’t just one or two plays — they hit a lot on us," Cowboys linebacker Zach Thomas said. "They had a lot of big plays. But also, they controlled the clock. They were getting 6 here with the run, and it was third-and-2 a lot, and that’s what we can’t have. We’ve got to have third-and-long and give our guys a chance to rush [the passer]."

translation: Dallas is only a great D if they KNOW what your going to run. If their's any chance it could be either or.... they can't defend it LOL

Archived