Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: KC Joyner: Getting Defensive: Week 3- Arizona (at Washington)

bubba9497

It's sad when the commentary on the messageboards is more intelligent and informative than the sludge trawled out by losers who are paid to do this for a living.

Not surprising anymore, but still disappointing.

KC Joyner is notorious for just being clueless.. It's not shocking. .I clicked on the link expecting to see something unfounded, ignorant, unresearched and just plain stupid.

Niners were giving them a game but turnovers killed them. Gore rushed for 96 yards on 14 carries and O'Sullivan was 14 of 20 for 195 yards passing.

Niners lost because they gave the ball away 5 times (4 fumbles and a INT) however they moved the ball well on offense. Their Defense held the receivers in check somewhat, only giving up one play of over 20 yards and that was a 40 yard pass from Warner to Steve Breaston. The Cards had a short field to work with on multiple occasions.

Not entirely true. SF and Arizona were tied at 10-10 at the half after SF played possibly the worst half of football I've ever seen. (Considering I'm a Card fan...trust me, that is saying something.)

Arizona came out in the second half and controlled the clock for 23 of 30 minutes. We had two drives of 15 and 18 plays in the second half that only resulted in FG's. While that usually sets off alarms, we were top 3 in red zone efficiency last year, and I'm not yet conviced that we've forgotten how to score TD's.

JT's stats all came at the tail end of the game with us leading by two scores and the game pretty much decided. It was classic prevent defense stat padding by the 49ers offense.

Finally, as so many of you have pointed out, our two wins were indeed against the 49ers and Dolphins. No one, with any common sense, is saying we're play-off bound at this point in the season. But the one difference with this years team vs. prior years, is the Cards of old would have found a way to lose at least one of the two games we just played. For the first time ever for us, we were able to put two bad teams down.

I'm excited about this season, and am looking forward to a great match-up this weekend between our two teams.

Go Cards!!!

Not entirely true. SF and Arizona were tied at 10-10 at the half after SF played possibly the worst half of football I've ever seen. (Considering I'm a Card fan...trust me, that is saying something.)

Arizona came out in the second half and controlled the clock for 23 of 30 minutes. We had two drives of 15 and 18 plays in the second half that only resulted in FG's. While that usually sets off alarms, we were top 3 in red zone efficiency last year, and I'm not yet conviced that we've forgotten how to score TD's.

JT's stats all came at the tail end of the game with us leading by two scores and the game pretty much decided. It was classic prevent defense stat padding by the 49ers offense.

Finally, as so many of you have pointed out, our two wins were indeed against the 49ers and Dolphins. No one, with any common sense, is saying we're play-off bound at this point in the season. But the one difference with this years team vs. prior years, is the Cards of old would have found a way to lose at least one of the two games we just played. For the first time ever for us, we were able to put two bad teams down.

I'm excited about this season, and am looking forward to a great match-up this weekend between our two teams.

Go Cards!!!

Well, you can thank a Redskin for all of that, Russ Grimm. He'll definitly have this team fired up but I'm sorry, you're just not that good.....:cardsuck:

Hail to the Redskins!......:cheers:

because the national media says we suck and you all are good.

underdog or not. you all are gonna lose.

At least he's an opposing fan posting respectfully. Remember the Lion trolls last year? Total disrespect.

I definitely think this a game the Skins can win, and more importantly, need to win, with games @DAL and @PHI coming up.

you know what, if the Skins were 2-0 after beating teams like the phins and frisco people will still say we suck. somehow, after the cards beat 2 subpar teams everyone is crowning them this shiznit.

Its because their division is horrible and people want someone in it to be respectable. It won't be pretty when the team that wins that division finishes 7-9 or 6-10 and makes it to the playoffs.

Archived