Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN's page2 take on BullDurhamGate

codeorama

Joe....I must be a bit older than you....I was actually in there during the 60s protests....i know/experienced what was going on in campus classrooms, on the streets, in the professional literature. i'm well read and follow both the popular literature and the profesional literature voraciously.....long before the right reacted....the left manipulated the agenda......manipulated the court system........manipulated the standards for debate........

i'm not saying what happened is correct. i'm saying that after 30 years I don't care anymore. i have historical memory and I know who set this dynamic of distrust, public enmity/crudity, and anger in play on a national scale..........being principled and above the fray no longer carries much weight for me. until the conditions for debate change - by the left first - I don't care what sort of pain is levied upon these people: so long as it is legal....:)

You don't sound much older, fan. I hate to say it but you just sound bitter.

Left or right, it doesn't matter to me anymore. I have beliefs that would offend either side, which makes it tough for me to vote at times.

The thing about me is, when I see something stupid, I call it stupid. Yes, he has the right to be stupid, just as Robbins has the same right. But Robbins would not have had the soapbox but for the stupidity of Petrosky.

That is so clear to me, that I really don't see how it can be debated. It was stupid. It will always be so.

OK, I've had my last rant, I'm done.

not bitter...a realist who is not willing to roll over. Robbins got his time at the National Press Club with his adoring minions the other day.

And I disagree about the HOF decision providing him a soapbox - either way he would have had one. The impact is rather simple actually: it is one more symbolic act that a lot of Americans aren't going to tolerate this sort of behavior any longer...his rights haven't been violated.

I agree with Joe's sentiment about Petrosky's decision giving Robbins even more of a forum... BUT, to Robbins credit, he didn't use it (at least on ESPN), he didn't talk about his opinions on the war, he encouraged people to go to the HOF regardless.

I've never understood when a group/organization/person makes a big deal out of something like that, in the end, it does just give more publicity to the one that they don't want to have it...

Here's a great example... Marilyn Manson. I had never heard of him, but all of a sudden the christian groups come out against him, so what happens??? it just makes MM more popular. I actually bought one of his cd's just to see what the fuss was all about...( and I later sold it because the music sucked..:laugh: ).

Originally posted by stratoman

AMEN!! If you want a real shock rocker just listen to some Alice Cooper. :cheers:

Alice Cooper! Good stuff!

Now is this about our current President?

My shots are clean

And my, my shots are final

My shots are deadly

And when it's done

You're as stiff as my smoking barrel

You're as dead as a desert night

You're a notch

And I'm a legend

You're at peace

And I must hide

Tell where the hell I'm going

Let my bones fall in the dust