Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell and reading a defense (long)

PortisBetts

What's wrong with criticizing a qb like Campbell? He simply hasn't produced at a consistent level yet. His stats are up and down every week, esepcially his completion percentage. And until he does become consistent, if ever, this is all we have with him. What you see is what you get.

Does that make me a basher for not having my blind homer glasses on and I'm willing to step back and observe his play? Forgive us "bashers" if we find areas of Jason's game that can still benefit from improvement.

Some things are just never good enough for some people. Campbell is winning games and improving every week. Yet people feel the need to constantly put him under a microscope and criticize every move he makes week in and week out.

Some of you guys really have no clue about football. How can you say Campbell is average and when he makes a big play your suprised? When was Campbell ever the problem? The last 4 years we have had one of the most conservative offenses ever. I think Campbell did pretty good last year as a 1st time starter considering we had a coach that wouldnt let him loose. There were only 3 times that he got a chance to run a modern day offense last year and those were the Detroit game, 2nd Philly game, and the 1st Dallas game. And how did he and the offense look? I dont know kinda like it does this year...like a modern attacking offense and those were 3 of his best games. And you say he dosent make adjustments...I guess the GAME WINNING throw to Santana vs the Saints doesnt count. He saw single coverage with no safety over top and made the audible dumb ass. Why do you think Portis is having a big year? Cause what he said about our offense in the past was true. People were playing 8-9 in the box and we still ran him up the middle a majority of the time. Now we actually attack the defense and spread them out and look what happends...Portis has 800 yards already. Its the same thing with Campbell he is in a 2008 attacking offense...so I guess you all will just watch in awe as he gets better and better over the year.

Campbell was not trusted to run the full Saunders offense. If there was a valid reason or not, Gibbs must own up to drafting a QB that he didnt trust. Entrusted to run a full offense, he does fine. Just like Collins, not good enough to start one game in his career, was able to lead us into the playoffs. The QB doesnt matter so much as what you try and do on offense.

Zorn's turn to conservative run run run I think is in part due to the Heyer injury. Jansen cant be trusted in the deep passing game, so as Jansen has been back, Campbell has been asked to do less and less, nothing of his own doing.

Guest Roger_Haggins

1. al saunders offenses always sucked

2. there alot of idiots here who are questionable when it comes to bein a true skins fan.

3. jc i makin haters look dumb every week he goes out there and doesnt make any mistakes

lay off the guy man. I think he's doing a great job at throwing high percentage passes! Our WR's have great legs after the catch so why not throw that short 5 yarder and gain another 20 with his legs?

We're 5-2...JC has no interceptions, has only been working with this system for less than a year, and i believe at this rate, he should surpass Hasselbeck. JC is "super smart" so give him credit where credit is due.

stop worrying and enjoy the ride.

What's wrong with criticizing a qb like Campbell? He simply hasn't produced at a consistent level yet. His stats are up and down every week, esepcially his completion percentage. And until he does become consistent, if ever, this is all we have with him. What you see is what you get.

His stats do vary. That much is just fact. However, his performance has not wavered. And thats something the stats will not show. Hes been making some strong plays while eliminating turnovers.

here goes some more about my take on Campbell as a playmaker and not just a game manager: http://www.extremeskins.com/showpost.php?p=5718499&postcount=65

Hes got the 100 yard performances of a game manager. But if you watch the games you notice hes not just limiting mistakes, but also making plays like a true weapon would. He hits his checkdowns, scrambles for 1sts, audibles plays, throws the ball away, and passes well. Hes not the All pro QB we want, but hes not the game manager who doesnt make the play. Hes kind of in the middle

Does that make me a basher for not having my blind homer glasses on and I'm willing to step back and observe his play? Forgive us "bashers" if we find areas of Jason's game that can still benefit from improvement.

If you believe what you just wrote, then we have nothing to talk about! You're 25 and obviously don't know much about QB's in the league. To say Campbell is inconsistent is crazy! No QB, comes out and light it up every single week, did Drew Brees light it up against us? Or the Panthers? Dude nevermind, have a good day.

RED06

Archived