Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are we going to copy the Giants?

vegeta613

I just saw something on espn talking about how the Giants rushed 4 DEs against Brady on 3rd down

I thought it was kinda strange we kept 6 DE until I thought about it

It's a copycat league so I guess a lot of teams are going to be doing it this year

Just wondering if anyone has caught any talk of Blache or anyone else mentioning a possible 4 DE rush on 3rd downs

I just saw something on espn talking about how the Giants rushed 4 DEs against Brady on 3rd down

It's a copycat league so I guess a lot of teams are going to be doing it this year

Just wondering if anyone has caught any talk of Blache or anyone else mentioning a possible 4 DE rush on 3rd downs

That wouldn't shock me at all. Stick James and Evans on the inside and Carter and Taylor on the outside. In obvious passing downs I don't see why not.

The Redskins kept more DEs in my opinion because Evans can switch over and play DT when needed and this allowed the team to save a space inside for a spot elsewhere on the team.

Also if you look at the talent at DT it is Griffin, Golston and Montgomery - no one else has really stepped up to claim that #4 spot with any authority.

Meanwhile at DE you have Erasmus James who could be a HUGE story for the Redskins if like Terry Allen he is able to resurrect his career after multiple knee reconstructions, and Rob Jackson who showed in preseason that he had the ability to play the run and rush the quarterback.

There's just a greater depth of talent at DE right now.

We don't have the personnel to do that and the Giants could because they had Strahan and Tuck.

Our DE's are too small to use in this fashion, as Taylor, James and Carter are all under 260 lbs.

That wouldn't shock me at all. Stick James and Evans on the inside and Carter and Taylor on the outside. In obvious passing downs I don't see why not.

That sounds really interesting. In addition, it would help spell the DTs themselves, who usually tire a lot faster than other players.

We don't have the personnel to do that and the Giants could because they had Strahan and Tuck.

Our DE's are too small to use in this fashion, as Taylor, James and Carter are all under 260 lbs.

Blache had said he wanted to do this early on with Daniels. But Evans could easily replace Gohlston or Monty. At any rate, Griff would still be in the middle and you could put James, Jackson or Wilson. I don't see why not. Its not always size, its technique.

The Giants are a very good screen team, the Redskins have to be careful about when they pick their spots to pin their ears back on the pass rush against Manning.

Last year Bradshaw was able to make big plays in the passing game. That along with the plays downfield by Burress is what propelled NY late in the season in 2007.

Evans is bigger than Tuck and all our other ends are about the same size as Strahan.

Show weakness and we have the lone wolf that smells blood and heads toward it............LL:point2sky

BTW~ Like your sig :D;)

Evans is bigger than Tuck and all our other ends are about the same size as Strahan.

Evans really isn't much of a pass rusher compared to Osi, Strahan and Tuck.

If you are going to line up Evans inside next to Griffin, you're playing basically 2 DE's and 2 1-gap DT's.

Archived