Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

last chance to predict the final 53-man roster

RonYoungEra

mods: i thought we had one of these threads already, but it didn't come up in the searches i did..please merge if you have better luck than me..thanks!

okay..wow..tough cuts this year..i have us keeping 5 safeties..i couldn't decide who to cut between moore, hamilton, and horton..so, i kept them all.. :) i also had to get rid of jackson and wilson, but i'm hoping they'll make it to the practice squad (if wilson is even available).. i also think that we could p/u a linebacker to replace campbell after other teams make their cuts..

anyways, here's my list of 53 (assuming kelly isn't placed on the PUP or IR-unlikely):

1. 5 Colt Brennan
  2. 17 Jason Campbell
  3. 15 Todd Collins
  4. 46 Ladell Betts
  5. 31 Rock Cartwright KR
  6. 23 Marcus Mason
  7. 26 Clinton Portis
  8. 45 Mike Sellers FB
  9. 12 Malcolm Kelly
  10. 16 Billy McMullen
  11. 89 Santana Moss
  12. 82 Antwaan Randle El PR
  13. 11 Devin Thomas
  14. 83 James Thrash
  15. 47 Chris Cooley
  16. 86 Fred Davis
  17. 87 Todd Yoder
  18. 72 Andrew Crummey C
  19. 69 Jason Fabini G/T
  20. 74 Stephon Heyer T
  21. 76 Jon Jansen T
  22. 66 Pete Kendall G
  23. 61 Casey Rabach C
  24. 75 Chad Rinehart G
  25. 60 Chris Samuels T
  26. 77 Randy Thomas G
  27. 79 Lorenzo Alexander DT
  28. 99 Andre Carter DE
  29. 92 Demetric Evans DE
  30. 64 Kedric Golston DT
  31. 96 Cornelius Griffin DT
  32. 98 Rob Jackson DE
  33. 78 Erasmus James DE
  34. 94 Anthony Montgomery DT
  35. 55 Jason Taylor DE
  36. 54 H. B. Blades ILB
  37. 50 Khary Campbell OLB
  38. 46 Alfred Fincher OLB
  39. 59 London Fletcher ILB
  40. 52 Rocky McIntosh OLB
  41. 53 Marcus Washington OLB
  42. 37 Reed Doughty SS
  43. 23 Justin Hamilton S
  44. 48 Chris Horton SS
  45. 30 LaRon Landry FS
  46. 41 Kareem Moore FS
  47. 22 Carlos Rogers CB
  48. 27 Fred Smoot CB
  49. 24 Shawn Springs CB
  50. 29 Leigh Torrence CB
  51. 67 Ethan Albright LS
  52. 14 Durant Brooks P
  53. 6 Shaun Suisham K

your thoughts?

here we go.

QB:

-JC

-TC

-CB

FB:

- Sellers

RB:

-CP

-LB

-RC

-MM

TE:

-Cooley

-Yoder

-Fred

WR:

-moss

-are

-thrash

-mcmullen

-kelly

-thomas

OL:

-Jansen

-Thomas

-Rabach

-Kendall

-Samuels

-Crummey

-Heyer

-Rinehart

-Fabini

3 qbs, 4 rbs, 1 fb, 3 te's, 6 wr's, 9 OL= 26 players

DL:

79 Lorenzo Alexander DT

99 Andre Carter DE

Demetric Evans DE

64 Kedric Golston DT

Cornelius Griffin DT

Rob Jackson DE

Erasmus James DE

Anthony Montgomery DT

Jason Taylor DE

LB:

H. B. Blades ILB

Khary Campbell OLB

Alfred Fincher OLB

London Fletcher ILB

Rocky McIntosh OLB

Marcus Washington OLB

Safety:

Reed Doughty SS

23 Justin Hamilton S

30 LaRon Landry FS

41 Kareem Moore FS

CB:

# Carlos Rogers CB

# 27 Fred Smoot CB

# 24 Shawn Springs CB

# 29 Leigh Torrence

Justin tryon

albright

brooks

suisham

here we go.

QB:

-JC

-TC

-CB

FB:

- Sellers

RB:

-CP

-LB

-RC

-MM

TE:

-Cooley

-Yoder

-Fred

WR:

-moss

-are

-thrash

-mcmullen

-kelly

-thomas

OL:

-Jansen

-Thomas

-Rabach

-Kendall

-Samuels

-Crummey

-Heyer

-Rinehart

-Fabini

3 qbs, 4 rbs, 1 fb, 3 te's, 6 wr's, 9 OL= 26 players

DL:

79 Lorenzo Alexander DT

99 Andre Carter DE

Demetric Evans DE

64 Kedric Golston DT

Cornelius Griffin DT

Rob Jackson DE

Erasmus James DE

Anthony Montgomery DT

Jason Taylor DE

LB:

H. B. Blades ILB

Khary Campbell OLB

Alfred Fincher OLB

London Fletcher ILB

Rocky McIntosh OLB

Marcus Washington OLB

Safety:

Reed Doughty SS

23 Justin Hamilton S

30 LaRon Landry FS

41 Kareem Moore FS

CB:

# Carlos Rogers CB

# 27 Fred Smoot CB

# 24 Shawn Springs CB

# 29 Leigh Torrence

Justin tryon

albright

brooks

suisham

no horton and still keepin' tryon..eesh..i dunno, brah! ;)

I think Rob Jackson will be a practice squader.

I mean he's been great this preseason, but I know Wilson put alot of time in this offseason and made a valuable impact last season.

yeah..i struggled with those two..i just think we'll go young w/jackson and i was impressed with his pre-season, but i could see him on the PS as well..

horton should make the squad.

i am not sold on Carlos and Rocky. Both of them haven't shown anything to deserve to make it to the 53 man squad. These 2 should be put on injury reserve or practice squad.

i am not sold on Carlos and Rocky. Both of them haven't shown anything to deserve to make it to the 53 man squad. These 2 should be put on injury reserve or practice squad.

ha..those guys wouldn't last 2 seconds on the PS! and they certainly won't go to the IR after returning from rehab recently..

i don't think we've seen enough of either of them to make any judgments on this year..i don't consider either of them a liability right now and i think based on their strong seasons last year pre-injury, they'll certainly make the roster and only improve as the season continues... my $.02...

yeah..i struggled with those two..i just think we'll go young w/jackson and i was impressed with his pre-season, but i could see him on the PS as well..

Chris Wilson is still pretty young at 26. ;)

I do like that you have us keeping 5 safties. I haven't been impressed with the young cornerbacks thus far, and I think it's a better move keeping 1 or 2 on the PS.

Not sure if the coaches will actually go through with the move though.. they might want some depth there in case of injury. For instance, when we run the nickel package with 3 corners, that's only one guy on the bench.

They haven't shown anything to deserve a spot? are you out of your mind? Rocky was having a great year last year until he went down. The same can be said for Carlos.

Do you understand that people on the practice sqaud can be signed by other teams? they would be gone in mili seconds and we would become laughing stocks.

Do you understand that people on the practice sqaud can be signed by other teams? they would be gone in mili seconds and we would become laughing stocks.

I don't know all the ins and outs but I don't think they would be eligible for the PS anyway. Some of these comments make even Spurrier look like a personnel genius.

BTW, what happened to Mix. I know he was dingged a bit but he really didn't get a good look. At this point I'd ike to keep him and put Kelley on the PUP.

i meant to switch that up...horton does make the squad. I wish we could keep Hamilton as well. He and tryon go to the PS.

Well we could keep Hamilton but it just leaves us in a precarious spot at CB, assuming we would then keep four. Just like I mentioned above, the depth becomes a big issue with the nickel and dime packages. We saw a 3rd alot last year, and a 4th on occasion.

i meant to switch that up...horton does make the squad. I wish we could keep Hamilton as well. He and tryon go to the PS.

yeah..perhaps..but hammy brings experience that the rooks don't have..and i've been muy impressed with what he's shown this pre-season..hope it carries over to the reg season...

on a side note..and yes..it's been said..what a disappointment tryon has been, huh? :(

2nd side note..this roster can still be semi-dramatically impacted by us signing another team's cuts within the next week and releasing someone that we currently have...

I don't know all the ins and outs but I don't think they would be eligible for the PS anyway. Some of these comments make even Spurrier look like a personnel genius.

BTW, what happened to Mix. I know he was dingged a bit but he really didn't get a good look. At this point I'd ike to keep him and put Kelley on the PUP.

mcmullen > mix this preseason...

Well we could keep Hamilton but it just leaves us in a precarious spot at CB, assuming we would then keep four. Just like I mentioned above, the depth becomes a big issue with the nickel and dime packages. We saw a 3rd alot last year, and a 4th on occasion.

i would want to do that. I would rather keep 5 or 6 cbs and 4 safeties with the option of playing springs at safety.

Here is ours

Dustin wrote that piece for us. I guess the two spots I would change there is, I think Frost has beaten our Brooks. Not a big fan of the move, but I think in the end, Frost saved his job.

Obviously, I think both Mix and McMullen make the team given Kelly's injury status.

Plus, I think Rob Jackson outbeats Chris Wilson.

i really think that frosty's shank will impact the decision..he's just not consistent..and no hang time=better returns for the opposition..

brooks, baby!.. i just think that we'll be kicking ourselves in a few games if we let brooks go and someone else gets him.. plus..no one's going to p/u frosty (he got no takers on the open market this offseason) so he'll always be around *IF* brooks fails epically.. i AM going to miss his big hits, though..not bad for a punter!

i would want to do that. I would rather keep 5 or 6 cbs and 4 safeties with the option of playing springs at safety.

which 5-6 cbs would you have? gonna be an ugly list! ;)

i was hoping that we'd use hamilton as a CB in a pinch if we had to. :) wishful thinking, i know!

Archived