Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Confirmed, WMDs found

Kilmer17

All I am saying is give war a chance and watch what happens in the middle east when Iraq becomes the richest nation in the area.

Phanatic, you gave me visions of a circle of hippie chicks arm-in-arm, singing "All we are saaaying....is give war a chance!"

You got it Jimbo! At least you are tuned into my message. So how is it we have come about our freedom, and from which, the freedom of many other nations? That's right, war. How manu Americans fought and died in the civil and revolutionary wars to atain this freedom? Hundreds of thousands. Do you think it's fair that a thousand or so Iraqi innocents will die for their liberation? Absolutely! Freedom is a God given right but it must be fought for if it is to be sustained. Heres a wonderful quote which should become an American edict.

"War is an ugly thing but not the ugliest of things; the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feelings which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

-- John Stuart Mill

Kurp (sorry for the belated reply...had to bolt for work)...

I agree with most of what you are saying. Although I strongly suspect Hussein and Al Qaeda have done some back door dealing in 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' vein, there hasn't been much publicly released hard evidence of that link. I think our solid belief that Hussein has chem/bio agents (and I think we 'know' they possess this to a far greater extent than we've been able to demonstrate...we just haven't been willing to reveal our intelligence assets) coupled with our knowledge that he's willing to make irrational, suicidal decisions (attack Kuwait, nerve gas opposition, attempt to assasinate a former US President) made 'leaving him alone' an impossible position. I GUARANTEE we will have solid finds of chem/bio weapons over the course of this war. But I agree with what I think you were saying, that we had moral grounds beyond terrorist/WMD rationales to go to war.

I just want to thank you guys for helping me to sort through all of the mixed information I read from the press and from other individuals. Kurp, Tarhog, Phanatic, Mike, and others, you all make intelligent points. To me Tarhog and Phanatic hit the nail on the head with the point that the US is not going to reveal all of its intelligence to the press. Many against the War say the require indisputable proof that Hussein has WMDs. I believe we will have more than enough proof when the time comes.

Archived