Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An Aussie Punter With Something Extra

ozskin

NFL scouts have asked Barry Hall from Sydney (Aussie rules) to try out this October. It's reported that 4 clubs have offered him this opportunity.

I hope we are trying to get Barry. He is a very good kick, but.......... he also does this.

Might be nice to have a punter with a bit of edge to him :D

So what your saying is that we should dump Durant Brooks, essentially throwing away our draft pick that we used on him to pick up a guy that is the Steve Smith/Michael Westbrook of punters!? :yikes:

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

EDIT: I noticed you are from Australia - apparently you guys are as nuts as some of the Hawaiians.... :doh:

So what your saying is that we should dump Durant Brooks, essentially throwing away our draft pick that we used on him to pick up a guy that is the Steve Smith/Michael Westbrook of punters!? :yikes:

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

Michael Westbrook? Last I saw he was getting punch not doing the punches

Drugs are bad, mmmkay?

EDIT: I noticed you are from Australia - apparently you guys are as nuts as some of the Hawaiians.... :doh:

I'm not saying that. Hall isn't trying out to play this year and he probably wouldn't be ready to play till the year after that. If Brooks doesn't work out in that time, then yes. Get Hall. The guy is quick and big. He could take a line on specail teams, unlike every other punter. It'd be like having an extra player on ST, the fact that he used to be a proffesional boxer would be good for comedy value though :D .

I'm not sure how nuts the Hawiians are but..............yeah, i'm not going to argue that. We are nuts.

I'm not saying that. Hall isn't trying out to play this year and he probably wouldn't be ready to play till the year after that. If Brooks doesn't work out in that time, then yes. Get Hall. The guy is quick and big. He could take a line on specail teams, unlike every other punter. It'd be like having an extra player on ST, the fact that he used to be a proffesional boxer would be good for comedy value though :D .

I'm not sure how nuts the Hawiians are but..............yeah, i'm not going to argue that. We are nuts.

So we are in a thread about signing a punter, in two years - who might be signed THIS year by some other team - when we don't even know how Brooks is going to do now? This is like saying Colt Brennan should be traded away immediately based on his performance in his first preseason game in the NFL. Only even more crazy.

When we start drafting for comedic value is the day I throw myself from the roof of FedEx Field. :doh:

As for not making sense in the worst way possible:

How_Many_Times.jpg

So we are in a thread about signing a punter, in two years - who might be signed THIS year by some other team - when we don't even know how Brooks is going to do now? This is like saying Colt Brennan should be traded away immediately based on his performance in his first preseason game in the NFL. Only even more crazy.

When we start drafting for comedic value is the day I throw myself from the roof of FedEx Field. :doh:

As for not making sense in the worst way possible:

How_Many_Times.jpg

I'm suggesting we could sign him this year, and see how he goes in the practice sqaud for while. It can't hurt. Look at the other 4 Australian punters that have played in the NFL. 3 of them are have made multiple Pro-bowl apparences and broken team records. The other (Sav Rocca/Eagles) just started last year and did pretty well. Why not, dare i say, take a punt on the guy and see if he works out in the long run.

As for comedy value.........lighten up ya half wit. It was a joke.

I'm suggesting we could sign him this year, and see how he goes in the practice sqaud for while. It can't hurt. Look at the other 4 Australian punters that have played in the NFL. 3 of them are have made multiple Pro-bowl apparences and broken team records. The other (Sav Rocca/Eagles) just started last year and did pretty well. Why not, dare i say, take a punt on the guy and see if he works out in the long run.

As for comedy value.........lighten up ya half wit. It was a joke.

Listen. You made a thread about signing a punter. I'm criticizing it. You made your opinion known and now I'm telling you I think it's a dumb idea. And instead of saying why you think we should take a look at him, other than "he's a guy with a cool youtube video and an aussie", you had nothing but "comedy value" (which until this point had been your argument). :rolleyes: And frankly I'm a bit tired of the threads about signing every athelete who's got a fan with a youtube account.

The only joke here is the thread. :rolleyes:

Archived