Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets WR Versus Packers WR

CrypticVillain

Who is better? (No Poll I want answers!!! :mad: )

Coles versus Driver

Driver is kind of bigger ( one inch and 13 pounds to be exact), But Coles is fster and imo a better route runner. Coles was a stud in DC and he couldn't have picked a worst QB then those 4 to play for (Wurrfel, Matthews, Ramsey, Brunell). But he still got his man. Went to the Jets and haven't missed a beat.

Driver is not too bad either. Hard to tackle after the catch. Isn't afraid to go over the middle and who doesn't want a WR like that.

Cotchery Versus Jennings

Cotchery got his man last year, but he only had two TD's. Was it his fault proabaly not his QB's were not that good. He has that body that some people like in a WR (6'0 207 LBS.) and I remember one catch that he had that was one of the best I ever seen in my life. Greg Jennings had 12 TD last year but I know that was Farves doing. I think Jennings season was a fluke and I think he will be an average WR for the rest of his life.

I am going with Jets and that was without Farve.

Jets WR with Farve fatasy Value = :laugh: ridiculous.

Packers have the advantage of depth at WR, the starters are very close, I think Cotchery had something close to 1,200 yards receiving last year, with 2 terrible QB's throwing to him, Coles is a stud, we all know this. Where I think the Jets have the clear advantage is at TE. Baker is as good an option as anything Green Bay has, but the wildcard is the 1st round pick Dustin Keller, who is going to be an absolute beast this year, watching him explode off the line last night did not remind me of Dallas Clark at all, but more like Antonino Gates. Who knows if he'll ever approach the kind of playmaking ability Gates has, but the atheleticism is there. Overall I think the talent level is very comparable, the Jets have a very solid offensive line now, and 2 solid RB's. I would be shocked if Favre does not put up great numbers once he learns the offense.

Packers have the advantage of depth at WR, the starters are very close, I think Cotchery had something close to 1,200 yards receiving last year, with 2 terrible QB's throwing to him, Coles is a stud, we all know this. Where I think the Jets have the clear advantage is at TE. Baker is as good an option as anything Green Bay has, but the wildcard is the 1st round pick Dustin Keller, who is going to be an absolute beast this year, watching him explode off the line last night did not remind me of Dallas Clark at all, but more like Antonino Gates. Who knows if he'll ever approach the kind of playmaking ability Gates has, but the atheleticism is there. Overall I think the talent level is very comparable, the Jets have a very solid offensive line now, and 2 solid RB's. I would be shocked if Favre does not put up great numbers once he learns the offense.

Thanks for the insight on that information on the TE's. You being from NYC, you proabally know more about the Jets, (and Giants), then I know or want to know.

:gaintsuck

Who is better? (No Poll I want answers!!! :mad: )

Cotchery Versus Jennings

Cotchery got his man last year, but he only had two TD's. Was it his fault proabaly not his QB's were not that good. He has that body that some people like in a WR (6'0 207 LBS.) and I remember one catch that he had that was one of the best I ever seen in my life. Greg Jennings had 12 TD last year but I know that was Farves doing. I think Jennings season was a fluke and I think he will be an average WR for the rest of his life.

I am going with Jets and that was without Farve.

Jets WR with Farve fatasy Value = :laugh: ridiculous.

Lets clear up a few things. a 6'0 207 lb WR is NOT a body people are impressed by. Thats not tall. Mix is TALL.

Do not compare 12 TDs from a 2nd year WR to 2 TDs from a 4 year WR. Jennings THOROUGHLY outplayed Cotchery in nearly every statistical category. Cotchery had more catches... yes. But Jennings had more catches of 40+ showing big play ability, not just endzone ability. Jennings had 7.43 YAC average per reception while Cotchery had 5.41 YAC.

Lets review: Jennings has more big play ability, more YAC, more TDs, a better % reception for a 1st down (70% vs 62%), and better yards per reception (17 to 14).

Yes Jennings had Favre throwing to him and Cotchery didn't... but jennings also played in 2 less games. so lets call it even.

Watch Jennings play, he catches everything outside his frame and takes it for extra yardage all over the field. Rodgers might not be Favre, but I'll bet you Jennings will have a MUCH better career than Cotchery. Barring FREAK career ending injury.

:logo:

Lets clear up a few things. a 6'0 207 lb WR is NOT a body people are impressed by. Thats not tall. Mix is TALL.

Do not compare 12 TDs from a 2nd year WR to 2 TDs from a 4 year WR. Jennings THOROUGHLY outplayed Cotchery in nearly every statistical category. Cotchery had more catches... yes. But Jennings had more catches of 40+ showing big play ability, not just endzone ability. Jennings had 7.43 YAC average per reception while Cotchery had 5.41 YAC.

Lets review: Jennings has more big play ability, more YAC, more TDs, a better % reception for a 1st down (70% vs 62%), and better yards per reception (17 to 14).

Yes Jennings had Favre throwing to him and Cotchery didn't... but jennings also played in 2 less games. so lets call it even.

Watch Jennings play, he catches everything outside his frame and takes it for extra yardage all over the field. Rodgers might not be Favre, but I'll bet you Jennings will have a MUCH better career than Cotchery. Barring FREAK career ending injury.

I said some people like those WR with a body like that. As for me all I want in a WR is results. I don't care if you are Santana or Randy Moss as long as you get the job done it doesn't matter. If Jennings was so good how come it took him 4 years to do what he did. I think he just benefited from the magic of Farve. We will see how good he is and how much better Cotchery will get.

I said some people like those WR with a body like that. As for me all I want in a WR is results. I don't care if you are Santana or Randy Moss as long as you get the job done it doesn't matter. If Jennings was so good how come it took him 4 years to do what he did. I think he just benefited from the magic of Farve. We will see how good he is and how much better Cotchery will get.

Learn to go to NFL.com, and look up players. Jennings is in his 3rd year THIS season, he did what he did in 2 seasons. COTCHERY, your homeboy, took 4 seasons.

if getting points is the ultimate goal of a WR, your shooting your own foot... Jennings outscores Cotchery by a mile.

Benefiting from the "magic" of Favre. does that mean Driver benefited and hes no good? watch a game, you might notice if its a WR that makes a play or a QB

Another thing, Jennings rookie year, also Favres worst year ever, he had better stats than Cotchery's fist 2 years COMBINED. Basically Cotchery sucked and couldnt break the starting lineup untill year 3 and even though Coles was out for 1/3 of the games last season, he didnt improve past his 3rd year. Next year, he wont even be the second best WR on his team. Because Clowney will outplay him. Im calling it, a 3rd/4th string WR will beat out your precious Cotchery.

PS in the NFL people like 3 things. Bigger Faster Stronger = Better. Do not tell me people like 6 foot 207 lb WRs. They will merely overlook the size for production. ideally you want 7 foot WRs who run 4.2 and score 100 TDs. do not forget that fact.

Learn to go to NFL.com, and look up players. Jennings is in his 3rd year THIS season, he did what he did in 2 seasons. COTCHERY, your homeboy, took 4 seasons.

if getting points is the ultimate goal of a WR, your shooting your own foot... Jennings outscores Cotchery by a mile.

Benefiting from the "magic" of Favre. does that mean Driver benefited and hes no good? watch a game, you might notice if its a WR that makes a play or a QB

Another thing, Jennings rookie year, also Favres worst year ever, he had better stats than Cotchery's fist 2 years COMBINED. Basically Cotchery sucked and couldnt break the starting lineup untill year 3 and even though Coles was out for 1/3 of the games last season, he didnt improve past his 3rd year. Next year, he wont even be the second best WR on his team. Because Clowney will outplay him. Im calling it, a 3rd/4th string WR will beat out your precious Cotchery.

PS in the NFL people like 3 things. Bigger Faster Stronger = Better. Do not tell me people like 6 foot 207 lb WRs. They will merely overlook the size for production. ideally you want 7 foot WRs who run 4.2 and score 100 TDs. do not forget that fact.

From the sound of it, I'm thinking you rely way too heavily on NFL.com, and have probably never seen Jerricho Cotchery play. You show incredible ignorance when you make sweeping statements like, Cotchery sucked his first 2 years which is why he did not start. You are obviously completely unfamiliar with his circumstances. Cotchery came into the league as a 4th round pick, the Jets had established veterans ahead of him on the depth chart such as Santana Moss and Wayne Chrebet and had just spent big on a trade for Justin McCareins, how could he possibly be expected to take playing time and reps away from those guys in his rookie year?

His second year was mired in controversy as he thoroughly outperformed the guys ahead of him on the depth chart in training camp and preseason, and even when he was allowed on the field sparringly, yet the loyal to a fault player/coach Herman Edwards refused to start him, again choosing to stick with established vets who were clearly past their prime. This was all documented by the press, fans, and Cotchery himself made mention of this after Edwards was fired.

Here is Herm's take on things:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/05/17/herm-edwards-i-didnt-play-cotchery-enough-in-new-york/

Jerricho Cotchery, playing with a QB who could not effectively throw the ball past 20 yards, and another who barely completed 50% of his passes still put up gaudy and comparable numbers to his counterparts in Green Bay. TD catches you say? How many did Randy Moss catch in Oakland?

Clowney outperforming Cotchery this season... pfft, you know nothing.

From the sound of it, I'm thinking you rely way too heavily on NFL.com, and have probably never seen Jerricho Cotchery play. You show incredible ignorance when you make sweeping statements like, Cotchery sucked his first 2 years which is why he did not start. You are obviously completely unfamiliar with his circumstances. Cotchery came into the league as a 4th round pick, the Jets had established veterans ahead of him on the depth chart such as Santana Moss and Wayne Chrebet and had just spent big on a trade for Justin McCareins, how could he possibly be expected to take playing time and reps away from those guys in his rookie year?

His second year was mired in controversy as he thoroughly outperformed the guys ahead of him on the depth chart in training camp and preseason, and even when he was allowed on the field sparringly, yet the loyal to a fault player/coach Herman Edwards refused to start him, again choosing to stick with established vets who were clearly past their prime. This was all documented by the press, fans, and Cotchery himself made mention of this after Edwards was fired.

Here is Herm's take on things:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2007/05/17/herm-edwards-i-didnt-play-cotchery-enough-in-new-york/

Jerricho Cotchery, playing with a QB who could not effectively throw the ball past 20 yards, and another who barely completed 50% of his passes still put up gaudy and comparable numbers to his counterparts in Green Bay. TD catches you say? How many did Randy Moss catch in Oakland?

Clowney outperforming Cotchery this season... pfft, you know nothing.

I see two flaws. I talk too much about how good Jennings is, and you talk to much about how good Cotchery is. Favre is going to throw to Cotchery this season. Jennings will have Rodgers who is definitely a step down.

If Cotchery does worse than Jennings this year, will it mean I am right? If Cotchery does better, then my argument is moot, and I will formally admit that he is the better player. However, if Jennings outperforms him I would like you to do the same. Your WR has an advantage of QBs and of NFL experience. mine does not. I will admit I watch the Packers alot more than the Jets, but I do not follow news media hype. (hence my confidence in Jennings)

ofcourse, all this is barring injury to either player.

sound fair?

• 4 months later...

Archived