Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thoughts on Suisham in Poll Form?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Sorry to quote so long, but if people are wanting stats then this is a good indicator. If he hadn't missed that one field goal in Seattle no one would be complaining about him. It's a bit tired honestly. Suisham ftw.

I think you guys are forgetting how bad our kicking has been in the past, not just recent either. Let me try to add some facts to this discussion since it's being driven on pure emotion.

The last time we had a kicker kick higher the Shaun's 83% was in 1982, Mark Moseley, and he only did it twice in his career, he was also 4/8 in the playoffs that year. It isn't even close, the only times we've had a higher FG% as a team has been in 05 (81%) and 96 (81%).

David Akers, whom we had for 2 kicks, both of which he missed, has a career FG % of 80.7. Comparatively, Shaun has a career (though short) percentage of 82%. Akers was 87% in his 3rd year, Shaun was 88%. Akers was 83% in his 4th year, Shaun was 83% also.

I think I'd rather give the young guy a chance to redeem himself, since he's been more accurate than anyone we've had in 26 years. Yes, even if he missed one kick in the post season. You do remember 1 or 2 seasons ago, Adam (HoF) Vinatieri missed a crucial regular season kick against his former team to lose the game for the Colts.

I agree he lost the momentum for us in the playoff game, but he didn't lose the game. If anything our QB lost a fumble and 2 INTs. I would say, unless his FG counted for 21 points, we lost it for other reasons more than one FG.

Relax, we're in the best shape we've ever been in as far as our Kicker goes.

So 18 for 20 under 40 yards makes you a guy who "consistently misses short fgs"? Why is that?

Suisham is a pretty good kicker, and that's why he doesn't have competition in camp. He has a strong leg and his accuracy isn't that bad. He's something like 20th in the league in FG%, but look at some of the guys behind him.

None of his stats stand out to me as saying "cut this guy."

It's frustrating. Better kickers are available, let's just get one. I know it's been said in non-poll form, but I just wanted to make clear that the majority of this board is tired of Suisham.

I guess that I'm in the minority. While we may want perfection at the kicker position, it's just not going to happen. Suisham is more than servicable, IMO. There's absolutely no guarantee that if we were to bring in someone else that they'd be any better. Just my :2cents:

Rubish he said the hold was good after the game he just missed it!

No excuses a so called clutch kicker has to make that!

Or maybe he's just has much better class than to throw his holder under the bus. Seriously, we have no idea what happened. What we do know is that he missed a big kick in Seattle but he also hit several really big kicks during the season.

And sorry but to say he consistently misses short FGs is idiocy (particularly when one of them is his first PRESEASON attempt). He hit a 52 yarder in 2006 to send a game to OT. He hit two FGs in OT last year including a 46 yarder in the Meadowlands. He had a very good year last year. The knee-jerking that goes on on this board never ceases to amaze me.

Archived