Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN NFL Blog: NFC East Mailbag

the krabber

They may have signed Samuel, but we can't be considered a serious contender because of the ????? a new Coaching staff brings to the table. If the Offense gets off to a good start you'll see people flip flopping, especially if we beat Dallas in Dallas.

I understand your point, but sometimes it takes a while for an offense to gel in a new system (2006, Al Saunders). The media is going to be more reserved, especially with the Skins. Did anyone pick the Saints to win the South in 2006 and make it to the NFC Chamionship game? Nope. Most pundits had them picked last in that division.

The Skins have all of the makings of being the surprise team in 08. Will it happen? Well, that's the ultimate question now isn't it?

I see where you are coming from, but lets be real for a second. The coaching change made was one our biggest offseason upgrades. Anyone who waztched redskins Football over the past four years, but last year especially has felt the pain of jumping out to a nice lead, and right when you have your foot on the opponents throat, they climb back into the game and come from behind win. That is Joe Gibbs Football, and the Buffalo game sums up Gibbs V2.0 for me. At least with Zorn we know he wont sit on leads. Why do we know that? Zorn needs to win now and win often to take away the stigma of not having any experience, 1st time coach, ect. I dont see Zorn sitting on any leads. I also thought that the whole "sitting on the lead" strategy put undo stress on our defense, and my have contributed to injuries.

So I see where you are coming from, and to an extent i agree with you, but I am looking forward to a Zorn created offense. A game plan devised from the mind of a former QB. I like it. I see Zorn as an upgrade, and even in his first year i think it will be just as important a pick up, as Jason Taylor. I also think the mentoring of Jason Campbell by Zorn will pay off big time for Capbell and the Redskins, and the fans. I think Zorn = winning.

I don't think either the Skins or Eagles can take offense to being picked a game or two behind one another. Even the Cowboys and Giants would probably have to admit that they wouldn't be shocked to finish behind one (or both) of those two teams.

The East is stacked and every team finished at or above .500 for a reason. There is no way to truly forecast this season. I could see it ending just like last season (Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Eagles) or the exact inverse.

I can't wait to watch it unfold though!

Since most people agree that we are in the toughest division in football and all 4 teams could essentially win the division, make the playoffs or finish with a winning record, I've decided to send this realignment plan to Roger Goodell to make sure each team gets a division:

East- NYG, Det, Atl, Ariz (they love the NFC East)

North- Phi, Minn, Car, Sea

South- Was, Chi, TB, St.L

West- Dall, GB, NO, SF

That way, all 4 of us make the playoffs and the other scrubs have to fight for the 2 remaining Wild Cards. :D Good plan? :silly:

I see where you are coming from, but lets be real for a second. The coaching change made was one our biggest offseason upgrades. Anyone who waztched redskins Football over the past four years, but last year especially has felt the pain of jumping out to a nice lead, and right when you have your foot on the opponents throat, they climb back into the game and come from behind win. That is Joe Gibbs Football, and the Buffalo game sums up Gibbs V2.0 for me. At least with Zorn we know he wont sit on leads. Why do we know that? Zorn needs to win now and win often to take away the stigma of not having any experience, 1st time coach, ect. I dont see Zorn sitting on any leads. I also thought that the whole "sitting on the lead" strategy put undo stress on our defense, and my have contributed to injuries.

So I see where you are coming from, and to an extent i agree with you, but I am looking forward to a Zorn created offense. A game plan devised from the mind of a former QB. I like it. I see Zorn as an upgrade, and even in his first year i think it will be just as important a pick up, as Jason Taylor. I also think the mentoring of Jason Campbell by Zorn will pay off big time for Capbell and the Redskins, and the fans. I think Zorn = winning.

I agree whole-heartedly. 1983 and 1991, Gibbs never took his foot off the gas and if you look at both defenses as a whole, while very solid, far from being the 85 Bears. The 83 defense bent, but never broke and created a buttload of turnovers (due alot to the offense putting the other team way behind) and the 1991 defense was stout all the way around, but wasn't the turnover machine the 83 defense was, but also had the luxury of the offense scoring at will forcing the other team to catch up. The 91 defense was better than the 83 defense just because of their 3 shutouts.

Since most people agree that we are in the toughest division in football and all 4 teams could essentially win the division, make the playoffs or finish with a winning record, I've decided to send this realignment plan to Roger Goodell to make sure each team gets a division:

East- NYG, Det, Atl, Ariz (they love the NFC East)

North- Phi, Minn, Car, Sea

South- Was, Chi, TB, St.L

West- Dall, GB, NO, SF

That way, all 4 of us make the playoffs and the other scrubs have to fight for the 2 remaining Wild Cards. :D Good plan? :silly:

I'd simply do this....take away geography:

Gibbs Division: Redskins, Panthers, Bucs, Saints

Landry Division: Cowboys, Cardinals, Seahawks, 49ers

Handley Division: Giants, Vikings, Packers, Bears

Kotite Division: Eagles, Lions, Rams, Falcons

Done.

Archived