Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins.com - Training Camp Practice Report For July 28

SkinsNatsFan

How often do you hide purchases from your spouse/partner?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you hide purchases from your spouse/partner?

http://www.redskins.com/news/newsDetail.jsp?id=37193

Training Camp Practice Report For July 28

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

July 28, 2008

Redskins.com's training camp reports come to you as action happens at Redskins Park.

Practice Wrap-up

It was the last open practice for fans, and they saw plenty, including an impromptu birthday celebration for Chris Samuels that ended with Samuels wearing the cake instead of eating it.

On the practice fields, Jim Zorn was frustrated with the play early on, so he huddled up his players and urged them to concentrate.

The players responded.

"One of the things we have been talking about this week is knowing who you are coming out of the huddle, and where to line up," Zorn said. "I think the team at some point has to get fed up with mistakes. That's what happened to them. They rallied.

"That is a veteran team because they grouped up and started concentrating. It really takes focusing in on every play in order to have a good practice."

The Redskins spent a portion of practice in 9-on-9 drills working on blitzing and blitz pick-ups.

Jason Campbell was inconsistent with his throws, but still earned good marks from Zorn.

"He was very good because he was making faster decisions and not hesitating when throwing the ball," Zorn said. "I am just pushing him to hit everything and to not let the ball hit the ground. He threw a couple of balls at the wrong shoulder, which is what I have to coach him on.

"If I don't, he will be making vicinity throws, and I want him to be exact. One of the ways to be successful in this game is allowing the receivers to run after the catch, and the only way to do that is if the ball is thrown well."

The team reported three new injuries after practice.

Second-year linebacker H.B. Blades suffered a sprained left knee and running back Eric Shelton had a neck injury. He was still being evaluated by team officials.

Stuart Schweigert has a mild calf injury. He said he suffered the injury during Saturday's scrimmage.

"I've had some treatment on it," he said. "I took Sunday off, but [Monday] I did some conditioning on it with the strength coach a little bit. It's getting better. I hope to be out there Tuesday morning."

"If I don't, he will be making vicinity throws, and I want him to be exact. One of the ways to be successful in this game is allowing the receivers to run after the catch, and the only way to do that is if the ball is thrown well."

I hope Zorn can fix this. It's what we've been complaining about.

"If I don't, he will be making vicinity throws, and I want him to be exact. One of the ways to be successful in this game is allowing the receivers to run after the catch, and the only way to do that is if the ball is thrown well.

Yep, YAC baby!

I hope Zorn can fix this. It's what we've been complaining about.

you do realize only the best QB's can do that consistently ... don't think that JC is not up to par because he only throws in the vicinity. The QB's that can hit WR's on the run on a regular basis are on a very, very, short list. i.e. Montana, Young, Brady, Manning ...

you do realize only the best QB's can do that consistently ... don't think that JC is not up to par because he only throws in the vicinity. The QB's that can hit WR's on the run on a regular basis are on a very, very, short list. i.e. Montana, Young, Brady, Manning ...

I agree. Anderson was doing the perfect example of "vicinity" throwing last year and everyone thinks he's a superstar. It was a good thing the Browns receivers could catch anything within their zip code.

Archived