Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2008 Training Camp: Day Six #1

themurf

Go to the coverage thread for today's practice and listen to the audio of my interview with Cot Brennan. I ask him if the coaches are working on his mechanics/throwing motion and was surprised by his answer.

Well yeah...As long as Colt is able to get it from POINT A to POINT B on a consistent basis, there is no problem. And this notion that Colt won't be able to throw past the line because of a lack of textbook mechanics is silly IMO. If it wasn't a problem in college, it won't be in the NFL IMO. It's not like NFL players are tall like basketball players lol

Zorn appears to be right in focusing on footwork.

Steve Young: The first time Sid saw me, he said, "Look, your footwork is horrible." I had never cared -- and knew nothing -- about my footwork; I just got it done on the field. But Sid was the first coach to tell me that my footwork decided how I would play. If Sid could get a hold of most of today's quarterbacks, he would say the same thing: "Your footwork is horrible."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/s/westcoast/popularity.html

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Colt is a very accurate, prolific passer with the mechanics he has now. You'll get used to it. We did. Defensive linemen batting it down...extremely rare because Colt could read the defenses so well and pick out a firing lane so quickly.

Thanks for the great pics, audio, and reports. Please keep letting us know how our Hawaii men, Colt, JT Mapu are doing. Redskins fan base is rapidly growing here in paradise.

Go look at the #3 thread pics for today. It clearly shows him slinging 45 degree passes.

Edit: Here is the pic

TC114.JPG

TC115.JPG

The more and more of this I see, the more I believe he's headed to IR for the year to have time to get that mechanic fixed.

Chris Simms anyone?

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Colt is a very accurate, prolific passer with the mechanics he has now. You'll get used to it. We did. Defensive linemen batting it down...extremely rare because Colt could read the defenses so well and pick out a firing lane so quickly.

What are these 'firing lanes' you speak of? Colt will fail because he throws sidearm, played in the run-and-shoot and in the WAC. He didn't get his passes batted down in college because WAC players have much shorter arms.

Pay attention to all these armchair QB coaches (read: jackasses). They know what they're talking about. Colt needs to change his mechanics so he can be a mediocre QB like Campbell.

Archived