Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

US terrorism watch list tops 1,000,000

WVUforREDSKINS

Destino's right. Nelson Mandella just got off that no fly list last month. It took a Presidential order. Dudes 90 years old and a former winner of the Nobel Peace Prize.

I don't think it's accurate to say one can get off the list w/o much hassle. We've got a current CNN news correstpondant and a former assistant federal prosecutor on that list for years who have been unable to get off.

Observing that all three of your examples are liberals. :halo:

Observing that all three of your examples are liberals. :halo:

And probably should be incarcerated at GITMO :silly:

It was never a big deal for us,as long as you arrived early(as you are supposed to) and have valid id,it is resolved within 20 minutes.

Oh and no curb check-in of luggage or online boarding passes...that was irritating.

Long time ago, when I lived in the DC area, my afternoon drive-time radio station was WRC, which went from all-news to news/talk while I lived there. Their afternoon show was hosted by Pat Buchanan and Tom Braeden (White House staffer under Kennedy and LBJ, noted liberal columnist, and author of the book Eight is Enough, which was based on his own family.)

In one of their shows, Breaden made a comment about enemies lists.

Buchanan (White House staffer under Nixon) blew up. He announced that the entire scandal about enemies lists had been invented by the liberal media. That he, personally received those lists, and that all those lists were, were warnings to the White House staff that certain members of the press had an agenda against Nixon, and warning the staff to be cautious when speaking to these people, because if any staff member said anything that could be mis-interpreted, then it would be. That the "enemies list" was simply a warning to staffers to watch what they said.

Braeden responded by observing that this all sounds very reasonable and polite and innocuous. But let's make this conversation a little less theoretical and a little more factual.

"My name was on that list for seven years in a row. And my income taxes were audited seven years in a row."

I wonder if they took my name off of the list after I got my situation cleared up.

I am not kidding about it.

When I was working for a Home Medical supply company delivering Liquid O2 I had to apply for a Haz-Mat endorsement when I went to get my CDL. I received a letter stating from the TSA stating that I wasn't getting my endorsement because I was classified as National Security Threat by Homeland Security depsite the fact I furnished them with all my paperwork. I knew full well why this was, I was born on an Air Force Base in Incirlik, Turkey.

Luckily my mom kept the photo-copies of the medical records and all the other paperwork pretaining to my birth and I was eventually granted my endorsement.

Nice to know my tax-dollars are working so well.

I wonder if they took my name off of the list after I got my situation cleared up.

I am not kidding about it.

When I was working for a Home Medical supply company delivering Liquid O2 I had to apply for a Haz-Mat endorsement when I went to get my CDL. I received a letter stating from the TSA stating that I wasn't getting my endorsement because I was classified as National Security Threat by Homeland Security depsite the fact I furnished them with all my paperwork. I knew full well why this was, I was born on an Air Force Base in Incirlik, Turkey.

Luckily my mom kept the photo-copies of the medical records and all the other paperwork pretaining to my birth and I was eventually granted my endorsement.

Nice to know my tax-dollars are working so well.

Yes, but can you provide written proof of Christianity?

"My name was on that list for seven years in a row. And my income taxes were audited seven years in a row."

I listended to Pat and Tom too back in the late 1970's and early 1980's. Remember them talking all the time about the Iranian hostage crisis. Remember when Reagan was elected and Pat missed the show, Tom said he was out drinking celibrating Reagan's win.

Nixon was famous for having his political enemies audited by the IRS. Bush Jr. uses that trick too.

Archived