Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSA SHOW IN CHANTILLY July 11-13. . .

mcarey032

Did anyone go to the CSA show this weekend? I went today (Saturday) and I am going to tomorrow. I got Art Monk's autograph today. It is true what they say about him is that he is really quiet guy. That is fine with me. He didn't come off cold or a jerk. I gave him a copy of the photo that he signed. My Uncle took this picture of all three of the posse and I gave him a copy of it. He seemed really appreciative of it.

I will be interested in hearing how the Darrell Green signings went. I saw him on the way out of the Art Monk signings. He seemed really quiet. I was going to say something to him, but it didn't really look like he wanted to say anything to me. I will be interested in hearing how others stories are about Green's autograph experience. I will be there tomorrow for Earnest Byner, Ricky Sanders, and Mark Moseley.

I went today, Monk was really cool talked a little bit but not much. Green didnt

say much to anyone and pissed off a dad that brought his kids there and

Green wouldn't take a pic with them or talk to them.

Man I am starting to hear/see more instances like this about Green. It is not very favorable thats for sure...

Thanks for the update. Sounded like you had fun. Had to wok today will be there tomorrow. Unfortunatley Earnest Byner has Cancelled!

Did anyone go to the CSA show this weekend? I went today (Saturday) and I am going to tomorrow. I got Art Monk's autograph today. It is true what they say about him is that he is really quiet guy. That is fine with me. He didn't come off cold or a jerk. I gave him a copy of the photo that he signed. My Uncle took this picture of all three of the posse and I gave him a copy of it. He seemed really appreciative of it.

I will be interested in hearing how the Darrell Green signings went. I saw him on the way out of the Art Monk signings. He seemed really quiet. I was going to say something to him, but it didn't really look like he wanted to say anything to me. I will be interested in hearing how others stories are about Green's autograph experience. I will be there tomorrow for Earnest Byner, Ricky Sanders, and Mark Moseley.

That really sucks to hear that. I am glad that I elected to get Art Monk instead. I woudl have been mad if Green were to have treated me like that. The one thing that I noticed about CSA is that they don't charge for photo ops like at the National show. I did hear over the PA that Mel Blount wouldn't have photo ops either. I thought that was garbage. As a fan you think that players would be more appreciative and it seems that some players treat the fans like they owe them something. It is a shame that Green would not do a photo op! I find it particulary interesting he wouldn't do photos for a family! This guy is beloved by the Redskins community and this is how he treats the fans? Rediculous.

well my experience was Monk was great in my opinion he greeted everyone i heard, including myself, shook hands if you wanted, would smile, just seemed to enjoy himself. Green was ok when I got my signature. he did his typical keep the line moving with signatures, chatted alittle with a few people, but most of time signed the product and would move, didnt pose for pics with anyone that I saw. The Blount comment was that no pictures what so ever, I was 3 or 4 from him and tried to take a pic and the lady next to him(wife?) leaned in front of him to avoid me taking the pic, however that didnt stop people from other lines and such from taking pic, this isnt the first time Ive seen this or heard about it might have something to do with light and their eyes since I remember hearing similar rules for Stan Musial. Charley Taylor was great as normal, posing and shaking hands. Overall was a decent day, even Barry Sanders who is typically business like as D. Green was cracking smiles and posing for pictures. But yes Green was the disappointment of all I got today(20 in total) but he didnt come off jerkish as he did joke with me and said thank you when I congratulated him on HOF.

I got Monk, Green, and Bob Feller today for myself..And Barry Sanders, and Art Monk for 2 friends..Monk, Feller, and Sanders were all very nice, and I shook their hands..Now, Darrell Green looked like he was in a hurry, and didn't want to be there..He didn't really say anything to me, and was rushing the people in front of me who was picking something up, he said to them, "hurry up guys, come on"..but oh well.

I was at the show today, but I got my helmets signed yesterday. A friend of mine is a vendor, who represents a few players. Anyway he tells me that Green blew up at people behind the curtain before he went out for his signing. He basically refused to sign anything that didn't have a NFL authentic sticker on it, including pictures/jerseys. He argued in the back for at least a half hour and was generally pissed off. It might explain why he was short with everyone today. FWIW he is still my favorite all time Redskin

I was at the show today, but I got my helmets signed yesterday. A friend of mine is a vendor, who represents a few players. Anyway he tells me that Green blew up at people behind the curtain before he went out for his signing. He basically refused to sign anything that didn't have a NFL authentic sticker on it, including pictures/jerseys. He argued in the back for at least a half hour and was generally pissed off. It might explain why he was short with everyone today. FWIW he is still my favorite all time Redskin

If this were the only time he was not pleasant with the fans in line, I would say you have a point.... but..... we all know his rep :2cents:

CSA directed me to Darrell's secretary for my inquiry about geting my 70th anniversary jersey inscribed only, I paid to have it signed at the last CSA show. She emailed me asking what i needed help with, I replied with the whole story and never got a reply back. I assume my request was denied.

yeah because he said he wasn't going to sign numbered jerseys and all that. What a rediculous reason. I am sorry but when you pay that kind of money, he shouldn't be so picky. After all, he is getting paid a kings ransom to sign his name, #, and maybe some inscription. It really is a crime that he thinks this way of the fans.

Second day of the show was pretty good. Got to meet Mark Moseley and I got to meet Ricky Sanders again. Both guys were really great. Moseley completed my Redskins helmet. No more room on that helmet for anything else. Ricky Sanders signed my 8x10 photo of the posse that my uncle took. Now I only need Gary Clark to show up at a signing somewhere to complete the trio. It should be pretty good. I asked the promoter of the show why clark didn't show. He said that he wanted triple the money that he normally gets. Obviously he is good friends with Green and Monk and saw what kind of money that they were charging and the promoter said that each autograph was going to to come out to be 60 dollars an autograph! I know that is as much as Theismann gets for his signature and at least he can inscribe the letters "MVP". No offense to Clark, he was a great receiver, but what can he affix to this name? 2x pro bowl, the posse, and 70 greatest redskins. There is something to be said for the level of accomplishments that you do.

Yup, Darrell wasn't very nice at all. His sig stinks and he didn't seem friendly towards me nor want to answer my questions about his football career. Considering how much each one of us was paying for his auto, he could have been and SHOULD have been alot nicer. He was there to make a buck and not to be friendly to his paying customers.

I think that they said at the end of Oct? I think that is when the next one is scheduled. check the csa website. www.csashows.com. I think that they had a flyer on the dates. They said that they had three guests committed already. The two that I remember was Jim Brown and Reggie Jackson.

Awww mannnn, Jim Brown............I'm there, therez a mans man for you.....

I guess we will have to see what CSA can get. I doubt very sincerely that they are going to be able to get any modern football stars. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get baseball since the world series will be going on around that time. They can probably get a lot of players during the off season. Just an observation.

I guess we will have to see what CSA can get. I doubt very sincerely that they are going to be able to get any modern football stars. I wouldn't be surprised to see them get baseball since the world series will be going on around that time. They can probably get a lot of players during the off season. Just an observation.

This will be during the football season. I can't imagine CSA would be able to get a current player to do an event during the season.

Archived