Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Abu Dhabi firm buys stake in Chrysler building

BigMike619

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/09/news/international/chrysler_building/index.htm?cnn=yes

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A 75% stake in the famed Chrysler Building once owned by a German fund has been sold to an Abu Dhabi group, Prudential Financial, Inc. confirmed Wednesday.

Prudential Financial manages the German fund ProVictor IV, which sold its share in the well-known landmark to the Abu Dhabi Investment Council.

This is what I mean by we need to take care of ourselves. How sad is it that an American icon like the Chrysler building is sold to a foreign company. :doh:

This is what I mean by we need to take care of ourselves. How sad is it that an American icon like the Chrysler building is sold to a foreign company. :doh:
Doesn't a Japanese company own Rockefeller Center? Stop being so damn xenophobic. :rolleyes:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/09/news/international/chrysler_building/index.htm?cnn=yes

NEW YORK (CNN) -- A 75% stake in the famed Chrysler Building once owned by a German fund has been sold to an Abu Dhabi group, Prudential Financial, Inc. confirmed Wednesday.

Prudential Financial manages the German fund ProVictor IV, which sold its share in the well-known landmark to the Abu Dhabi Investment Council.

You did notice that it was a GERMAN company that sold their share of the building, right?

Doesn't a Japanese company own Rockefeller Center? Stop being so damn xenophobic. :rolleyes:

If you want to just sling names you can kick that down the road.

But if you want to discuss that with me as well I will tell you that I dont agree with that either. I believe that American bldgs should belong to Americans.

and Rince, I know it said it was German but that doesnt mean my stance has to change. I dont think the Germans should have owned that much of it either. No other country but America should have control of anything American (meaning 51% or more).

If you want to just sling names you can kick that down the road.

But if you want to discuss that with me as well I will tell you that I dont agree with that either. I believe that American bldgs should belong to Americans.

and Rince, I know it said it was German but that doesnt mean my stance has to change. I dont think the Germans should have owned that much of it either. No other country but America should have control of anything American (meaning 51% or more).

Yeah, but were you this upset in 2001 when the Germans bought it? Do you think American companies don't own ****loads of buildings overseas?

Yeah, but were you this upset in 2001 when the Germans bought it? Do you think American companies don't own ****loads of buildings overseas?

places like Japan dont allow America to import products in to their country unless they are allowed to export the same amount to ours.

I was this upset in 01 (although I think you are trying to overplay how mad I really am) and didnt like the fact that anyone from a foreign company invests too much in our stuff. That is why I dont buy foreign vehicles, I try not to buy foreign anything if I can help it.

And why would I care if we own stuff overseas? I am pro-America. Let them be pissed about it...

For God's Sakes,

A Japanese company like Toyota is more American than Chrysler. Some Japanese cars are built with more American parts than American cars are.

dude, you are way over the top with your get a grips and your god's sake.

The bills are coming due. We as a country have been living on borrowed money for a long time. It depreciates our currency and makes everything cheaper for foreigners. They're going to buy up our country as we continue to borrow and spend on houses, cars and war.

Pretty soon foreigners will own more and more of American businesses and other assets as America sells its cows and chickens to buy milk and eggs.

The bills are coming due. We as a country have been living on borrowed money for a long time. It depreciates our currency and makes everything cheaper for foreigners. They're going to buy up our country as we continue to borrow and spend on houses, cars and college.

Pretty soon foreigners will own more and more of American businesses and other assets as America sells it cows and chickens to buy milk and eggs.

thats a sad truth too. that is one of the main reasons I wish we could stop ourselves from selling off to foreign companies/countries.

If you say so

Maybe it's just me, but xenophobia is up there on the foolish scale.

yes, because i dont want foreign companies owning american property i am a xenophobe.

of course that means i dont like anyone that isnt from america. my son who is half mexican i can barely stand. my brother who is a muslim is now out of my family. my grandmother who is irish isnt really my grandmother if you ask me.

take your name calling and your thread hijacking and move along some place else.

places like Japan dont allow America to import products in to their country unless they are allowed to export the same amount to ours.

I was this upset in 01 (although I think you are trying to overplay how mad I really am) and didnt like the fact that anyone from a foreign company invests too much in our stuff. That is why I dont buy foreign vehicles, I try not to buy foreign anything if I can help it.

And why would I care if we own stuff overseas? I am pro-America. Let them be pissed about it...

Glad to see that arrogant American hypocrisy is still alive and well. Makes me all warm and tingly inside...

yes, because i dont want foreign companies owning american property i am a xenophobe.

of course that means i dont like anyone that isnt from america. my son who is half mexican i can barely stand. my brother who is a muslim is now out of my family. my grandmother who is irish isnt really my grandmother if you ask me.

Yes, being hostile to the idea of foreign companies owning anything American does qualify you as a xenophobe. Hey look at the bright side, it's not the end of the world.

Mike, let's discuss seriously: that IS hypocrisy. It's OK if we own foreign companies, but not if they own ours? Hypocritical.

why do I have to care about what happens to them?

if France came to us and said they were mad that we owned 75% of the Eiffel Tower I would totally understand.

Archived