Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Say it ain't snow!

Skins24

I will believe it when I see it. 75 degrees and breezy this afternoon, yet they are calling for 2 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon-- and 4 inches in the mountains. There has to be some law of physics that would make this impossible.

Originally posted by Buddha

I will believe it when I see it. 75 degrees and breezy this afternoon, yet they are calling for 2 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon-- and 4 inches in the mountains. There has to be some law of physics that would make this impossible.

LOL...No, sorry, but there is no law in physics that would make that impossible. The cold front that will be moving through the area tonight is an arctic front. That means the source of the cold air is from the north pole and even possibly Siberia. The temps in the upper levels will drop dramatically overnight and tomorrow. Expect a rain and snow mix tomorrow and turning over to all snow tomorrow night. Acumulations will be from 1-3 inches in the DC Metro area and 2-4 in the mountains. It isn't really that big of a deal because the ground temp are way above freezing so don't expect this to stick to the roads. I know this is hard to believe but it does really suprize me considering the type of upper level pattern we had for the majority of this winter. This is the last parcell of cold air for us until next winter so enjoy the cold air because soon it will be in the low 90's and humid and a mofo!

Grumble. Yea yea....snowed all last week. Gotta be a foot or two new on the hills. Sigh.... a winter that ends in March...not June. this was not in my travel brochure. (Note. The preceding was merely a whine from the mountains that is based on envy and a case of spring fever that may not see spring for another month. Yea. How about some cheese and crackers with that..... :silly: )

:cheers:

They're now calling for snow (and sleet) changing to rain. After rush hour of course.

It is spring right?

This time last year, there were actually leaves on the trees!

I love the snow, but I love it in the winter time. Once it gets warm, I want it to stay warm!

81F yea yea...sigh.. :silly:

Severe Weather Alert from the National Weather Service

...WASATCH MOUNTAINS I-80 NORTH-WASATCH MOUNTAINS SOUTH OF I-80-WASATCH MOUNTAINS/IDAHO PORTION-400 PM MDT SUN APR 6 2003

...SNOW ADVISORY THROUGH TONIGHT...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HAS ISSUED A SNOW ADVISORY FOR THEWASATCH MOUNTAINS OF NORTHERN UTAH AND SOUTHERN IDAHO. SNOW WILLBEGIN TO INCREASE IN INTENSITY AND AREAL COVERAGE LATE THIS AFTERNOONAS A COLD PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM APPROACHES NORTHERN UTAH FROM THENORTHWEST. 4-8 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION AREA EXPECTED WITH LOCALLYHIGHER AMOUNTS BY LATE TONIGHT. SNOW WILL TAPER OFF TO SCATTEREDSNOW SHOWERS BY EARLY MORNING.

TRAVELERS IN THE ADVISORY AREA SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR WINTER DRIVINGCONDITIONS TONIGHT.

grumble/whine

:cheers:

Archived