Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thanks to everybody who came to the signing!!! We raised over $15000!!

disturbed1

Sorry it took me so long to post this but.....First and formost thanks to everybody who showed up for the signing and meet and greet with Cooley. We raised over $15000 for the make a wish foundation and that alone should make every one of you feel great about yourself. A special thanks goes out to Royal Carribean who donated the 8 day cruise to Alaska. Also a huge thanks goes out to Jason Cappieriey who supplied us with 10 full size helmets signed by top name stars and 4 season tickets plus field passes to the VT and UVA 2008 football season. $15000 will go a long way to make a few kids days alittle brighter. Everybody should check out there website and donate if you can..... every dollar helps out.

Who would want to go to a UVA football game? :laugh: ;)

Just jokes, great to hear--thanks for all your work with Make a Wish, my friend Joey has ataxia-telangiectasia and while it wasn't through Make a Wish he was teamed up with Ben Afflec and its made his life so much better.

So many great stories like that from Make a Wish, good for you.

Who would want to go to a UVA football game? :laugh: ;)

Just jokes, great to hear--thanks for all your work with Make a Wish, my friend Joey has ataxia-telangiectasia and while it wasn't through Make a Wish he was teamed up with Ben Afflec and its made his life so much better.

So many great stories like that from Make a Wish, good for you.

If you don't mind me asking, who was it through. We are going to try to do this more often and if there is another organization that we can help, we will.

If you don't mind me asking, who was it through. We are going to try to do this more often and if there is another organization that we can help, we will.

It actually wasn't through a group.

For all the ****ty movies Affleck has made he's a really classy guy.

Joey's family took him to the set of a movie he was filming a while back and Ben noticed him in the wheelchair and came over to talk to Joey and his family. After a long conversation, Ben took him around the lot and showed him stuff and got the families contact info.

Ever since then Ben has been flying Joey around the country to movie premieres and filmings, he took him riding on his motorcycle and most importantly has helped Joey and his family raise hundreds of thousands of dollars for research.

AT is extremely rare, I think the number of people who have it is in the single digits in the US and Ben has done a great job to help them out.

Sorry I can't help you but keep up the good work.

This is Ben at Joey's graduation:

http://video.nbc4.com/player/?id=115429

Very touching.

AT is extremely rare, I think the number of people who have it is in the single digits in the US and Ben has done a great job to help them out.

The owner of my company's son has AT, once a year we will sell AT hearts and are always doing other events for it too... About 2 months ago we had a concert in another one of our store's parking lot, I think we raised about $20,000 because Budweiser donated all the beer and whatnot...

The owner of my company's son has AT, once a year we will sell AT hearts and are always doing other events for it too... About 2 months ago we had a concert in another one of our store's parking lot, I think we raised about $20,000 because Budweiser donated all the beer and whatnot...

Its a terrible disease, good to hear that there are others out there working to help find a cure.

Archived