Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jesse Helms has passed away.

ECU-ALUM

These threads truly bring out the worst of ES.

Helms had some incredibly ****ed up opinions, and I certainly am not mourning his passing, but I think that some of you are out of line in essentially celebrating his death.

I wish for very few people in this world to die and the list pretty much consists of bin Laden and Fred Phelps at the moment.

It is what it is, I'm sure this board will be exploding when Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter pass away. I can almost understand Kennedy due to the fact that he killed Mary Jo but I'm sure that some people will be pretty excited when Carter dies...which is pretty disgusting to me. I don't care how terrible a president he was or how far away from your personal political views people are, some of the stuff in this thread is truly sad.

These threads truly bring out the worst of ES.

Helms had some incredibly ****ed up opinions, and I certainly am not mourning his passing, but I think that some of you are out of line in essentially celebrating his death.

Why are people out of line? The man spewed hatred his whole life.

If you want to ignore that...fine. I'm not.

I'm not "celebrating" his death but I can't summon any tears for him either.

Especially knowing what he thought of my race. Sorry...

Why are people out of line? The man spewed hatred his whole life.

If you want to ignore that...fine. I'm not.

I'm not "celebrating" his death but I can't summon any tears for him either.

Especially knowing what he thought of my race. Sorry...

That's fine, he was a disgusting person and I don't expect you to be upset.

But I think that some of the posts were out of line.

I don't put racist bigots on the same level of scumitude (don't look that up) as I do terrorists.

In reading this thread..I noticed something. Many of the same posters who were up in arms over Jeremaiah Wright's comments seem to be willing to give Helms somewhat of a pass on his.

Someone mentioned that Helms should be looked at in context of the era in which he grew up.

I tried to use a similiar rationale for Wright but many of you guys dismissed that right away.

Just something to think about...

a very good point, though i think you should point out who you're talking about. i'd like to see it addressed.....

Archived