Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets fans view of WR Curtis Conway over on GangGreen.com.......

TC4

Originally posted by AJWatson3

best quote in that thread:

"ganggreen76 Posted on Mar 26 2003, 04:51 PM

Charger fans envy us.

AFC East Db's are shaking with fear.

Curtis (Pro Bowler) Conway is in the house!"

that is a laugh.

I saw that one! :laugh: Talk about wallowing in denial over the loss of Coles!!

Conway was a real good receiver in the past and even with injuries slowing him down he'll still be able to outrun noodle arm Chad's throws so he should do fine with that QB.....until Lavar meets him over the middle on Opening Nite....:laugh:

Conway at 32 is a stop gap option, anyone with sense realizes that.

Let's face it, if the Jets had not lost Coles Conway would not even be on the radar screen for them. He was the available option who came up because he and Herman Edwards have a history.

Conway was supposed to be a big deal in Chicago but never showed the consistency or health to be a major factor.

That was one of the reasons the Bears gave up on him at age 29.

This is his third team in 4 years. He has journeyman written all over him.

Over the Last 2 Seasons

Yards Per Catch

LC: 14.4

CC: 15.4

Plays over 40 yds

LC: 3

CC: 6

Conway put those numbers up despite conservative Marty Ball and Drew Brees and Flutie. In Chicago, he wasn't exactly blessed with a high power offense either. The Jets current offense is by far the most talented that he's EVER played in.

Nobody can argue that he's as good as Coles, but he's a solid stop-gap for 1 or 2 years until a rookie develops or a WR is acquired next year via trade or FA. In 2001 Conway had 71 catches for 1125 yds and 6 TDs. I'm hoping for 60/900/5 this year. Moss is in his 3rd year - traditional WR breakout year. If he steps up, the combination of him, Conway and some Chrebet sprinkled in - should come pretty close to offsetting Coles' loss. Throw in a #13 pick (or a top 10 as we seem ready to trade up) and I'm not too concerned.

Originally posted by JimboDaMan

So essentially you're bragging that Pennington can't get the ball downfield?

Well, Pennington was #2 in the NFL in yards per attempt. And I'd say if you checked the record book, he went deep more than a few times to Moss at Marshall.

Coles has speed and quickness, but breaking into the open for long gains isn't his game. If that's what you were hoping for, you should've gone after Peerless.

Archived