Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looking Ahead

portis&taylor

To me its never to early to talk about the draft especially during the offseason. Who would you like to see a skin? My offensive player would be, Phil Loadholt, Oklahoma (6-7 ½, 335): Outstanding athlete who is entering his second year at Oklahoma after playing in junuior college. My defensive player would be, Rey Maualuga, USC (6-3, 252): Started four games as a true freshman; has outstanding speed for the position; led team in tackles in 2007, making plays all over the field.

I am optimistic about the Skins, but after the regime change, I see us struggling in the NFC BEast. I think we will, despite being a good team, finish pretty high in the draft.

With that...here are my draft picks:

#1 I would like Taylor Mays. Isn't the area of biggest need, but the guy is (Sean) Taylor-esque: 6'3" 225 lbs and runs 4.40. I would rather have him than anyone.

#2 Malcolm Jenkins. this guy is good. 6'1" and 210. If he can keep his 40 time...he will be great.

Offensively: Michael Oher. Dude is a great natural talent.

Personally I don't think the skins should go with another first round DB, but in a year that is stacked at CB and S we could definately get a good one in round two or three.

First round I would definately like to see a DE because the class is top heavy with pass rushers with three or four first round guys but not too much after that. George Selvie USF, Greg Middleton Indiana, Greg Hardy Ole Miss, Tyson Jackson LSU, and maybe Maurice Evans Penn St are players to watch in the first round.

In the second a safety like Patrick Chung Oregon, Nic Harris Oklahoma, Derek Pegues Miss St and at corner Joe Burnett CB, Alphonso Smith Wake Forrest, DJ Moore Vandy, Jarius Byrd Oregon, Walter Thurmond III Oregon are all DBs that could be targets in the second.

DT and OLine depth would probably also be players targeted in the draft next year. I cant wait!!!!:D

Tech's Victor "Macho" Harris:

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?story=90643&ran=141220

--Not as fast or as agile as Eddie Royal was in terms of returners but still impressive.

No thanks, TECH players can be drafted by other teams, but I dont want them. Especially Macho Harris.

Hmm, I wonder WHY you said him??? We are talking about draftin people we actually need. and sorry if it sounds like im pouncing on you, just homerism when it comes to draftin players irks my nerves. We need to stick with the draft philosophy that we have used since 03'. We haven't drafted a major bust since then, and it seems we have picked up ALOT of solid/good players since then. BPA is where it's at.

No thanks, TECH players can be drafted by other teams, but I dont want them. Especially Macho Harris.

Hmm, I wonder WHY you said him??? We are talking about draftin people we actually need. and sorry if it sounds like im pouncing on you, just homerism when it comes to draftin players irks my nerves. We need to stick with the draft philosophy that we have used since 03'. We haven't drafted a major bust since then, and it seems we have picked up ALOT of solid/good players since then. BPA is where it's at.

Sean Springs is old, Carlos may never be the same...seems to me like we need corners?

The reason WHY I said him is because I know more about Tech players than I do about other college players. I know some of them personally and I see them practice and play.

I want to see a DE also, but we are young at DL and old at CB. I would like the Skins to maintain a draft where you get the BPA, but they need to focus on a DB or DE. I still like Taylor. Keep an eye on what kind of year he will have.

Personally I don't think the skins should go with another first round DB, but in a year that is stacked at CB and S we could definately get a good one in round two or three.

First round I would definately like to see a DE because the class is top heavy with pass rushers with three or four first round guys but not too much after that. George Selvie USF, Greg Middleton Indiana, Greg Hardy Ole Miss, Tyson Jackson LSU, and maybe Maurice Evans Penn St are players to watch in the first round.

In the second a safety like Patrick Chung Oregon, Nic Harris Oklahoma, Derek Pegues Miss St and at corner Joe Burnett CB, Alphonso Smith Wake Forrest, DJ Moore Vandy, Jarius Byrd Oregon, Walter Thurmond III Oregon are all DBs that could be targets in the second.

DT and OLine depth would probably also be players targeted in the draft next year. I cant wait!!!!:D

Being a UCF alumni, I would LOVE to see Joe Burnett. Dude is a stud, and like many other UCF athletes, will be a steal in the later rounds. One name comes to mind: Asante Samuel, just sayin ;)

I want to see a DE also, but we are young at DL and old at CB. I would like the Skins to maintain a draft where you get the BPA, but they need to focus on a DB or DE. I still like Taylor. Keep an eye on what kind of year he will have.

We are younger at CB than DL

Daneils will be 36 next year. Griffin will be 32 and very injury prone. That's 50% of your staters. So, that's not even close to being right.

We are younger at CB than DL

Daneils will be 36 next year. Griffin will be 32 and very injury prone. That's 50% of your staters. So, that's not even close to being right.

I disagree. First, CBs age faster than DL because speed goes first in most people. If Goldston replaces Griffin, we have 25% of our DL is over 30.

CB--33% is over 30 and 67% is out with a serious injury or over 30.

DL

Andre Carter is 29

Demetric evans is 29

C. Griffin is 32

Goldston is 24

A. montgomery is 24

Daniels is 35

CB

Springs is 33

Smoot is 29

Carlos Rogers--24 but injured and maybe will not be the same

i like a corner in the first, or ray malanuga. the corner i want is vonte davis. the dude is a hitter, and runs like a cheetah. i dont think we need some freak at DE, just a third rounder or somethin. whoever gets ray malanuga, is going to be scary. hope its not the eagles, or giants. screw the cowboys.

Archived