Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jerseys - Game-Worn, Team-Issued, Authentic, Replica, Fake, and everything in between

Mark The Homer

Does Cooley, or any player, have to pay for the jersey if they keep it to sell themselves? I think it is cool that he has a blog and stuff but it seems unseemly that he is selling his own game worn items.
I would imagine so. I doubt he gets to take it home for free. I'm just guessing though.

I agree with you - it does seem kind of unseemly for a player to sell his own jersey on eBay, even if it's through his brother. At least the proceeds from this current one is going to charity. Nothing wrong with that.

Here's some prior stuff he sold:

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/merchant/cooley717523_W0QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQ_dmdZ1QQ_in_kwZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sopZ12?V4SOI&guest=1

I would imagine so. I doubt he gets to take it home for free. I'm just guessing though.

I agree with you - it does seem kind of unseemly for a player to sell his own jersey on eBay, even if it's through his brother. At least the proceeds from this current one is going to charity. Nothing wrong with that.

Here's some prior stuff he sold:

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/merchant/cooley717523_W0QQLHQ5fCompleteZ1QQ_dmdZ1QQ_in_kwZ1QQ_ipgZ50QQ_sopZ12?V4SOI&guest=1

It is an interesting question on how it works if the player wants to keep a certain jersey from a game. I know the Meigray Group who markets a bunch of NHL teams jerseys (also Eagles and few NBA teams) has said the player has first crack at buying any jersey. I believe they also have to pay market value of what it would be priced at on the site. They even do a preorder progam. I've read where a collector had pre-ordered a certain jersey in hopes of getting a players milestone jersey. Then not getting it because the player himself purchased it instead. The Redskins have a contract with JO Sports to market their game worn jerseys. So I wonder if Cooley has to get them from them first. I did read that in the Vikings - Bears game where Frerotte and Berrian had 99 yard TD pass a couple weeks ago. JO Sports also markets Vikings game used jerseys, they didn't get either Frerotte or Berrian jersey from that game because the team kept them for teams own OF exhibit. Those were also the throwback jerseys they used on that Sunday night tilt. Nice added bonus. I'm not from DC area and have never been to Fed Ex. Do the Redskins have any kind museum displaying game used stuff??? It seems many teams are now doing these.

This Cooley went for only $785 compared to $2000 for white ones on JO...sort of seems like a bargain to me. Notice in the picture it looks like he is signing at least another burgundy one as well as a white.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300280329795&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=020

I've emailed the seller on the above and he says it is a 2003 size 46 even though it claims to be a size 48.

Two items:

1. Why is the GSS patch not present?

2. Does the "ARRINGTON" name appear wide enough? It seems to me with a name that long the letters should extend to the front of the 5 and the end of the 6...it looks like they are squished together to much.

One thing I noticed years ago is the team claims ALL their jerseys are game worn, whether they are game worn or not. Have you ever seen a jersey from the Redskins where they say "Hey, this is just a team issued jersey." I never have, not once.

Arrington wore a 46, according to pics I've seen in the past.

That jersey could be a pre-season jersey, or it could have possible been a jersey that was left over and worn in early 2004 (maybe), or it could have simply been a part of the equipment room's inventory and was never actually worn. That would explain the missing patch.

I'm not interested in the jersey, but if I was, I'd want to know what the shoulders looked like. I'd expect to see some sign of damage (wear).

The Arrington name looks okay to me. Lemme see if I can find an old pic of an Arrington jersey and I'll post it.

a100_1.JPG

Edit: I was mistaken. According to this '04 jersey, he wore a 50, which throws even more suspicion on the '03 on eBay.

And the name does seem slightly less wide. Not sure if that means anything.

redskinsarringtonjerseyou8.jpg

redskinsarringtonjerseyui2.jpg

I'm not interested in the jersey, but if I was, I'd want to know what the shoulders looked like. I'd expect to see some sign of damage (wear).

The Arrington name looks okay to me. Lemme see if I can find an old pic of an Arrington jersey and I'll post it.

To me the "REDSKINS" embroidered letters look kind of sloppy. Look how the "S" is smaller than the "K".

a2b2_1.JPG

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300280485252&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:US:1123

Here is a 2003 Smoot 21 he has up. It is a size 46 while currently I think he wears size 42. Was Smoot heavier in 2003?

OK - now you really have to wonder WTF is going on. Not only is the jersey four sizes too big in the '03, there is zero customization. Look at the difference:

1286_3.JPG

redskinssmootbackdcp590jf6.jpg

And how come the seller repeatedly misquotes the size in the listing? Is he stupid? It's not that complicated.

The Washington #53 is also a size 50 while the ones on JO are size 46.

It may be that these jerseys were meant for appearances by the player where they would possibly wear it, sign it and sell it for charity or some other reason. The player may want to wear a jersey not so snug for a non game situation.

This would also explain the lack of customization for the Smoot.

Most of these come with certs by that Shah guy from the Redskins so I don't doubt them...they are most certainly not game used though.

The Washington #53 is also a size 50 while the ones on JO are size 46.

It may be that these jerseys were meant for appearances by the player where they would possibly wear it, sign it and sell it for charity or some other reason. The player may want to wear a jersey not so snug for a non game situation.

This would also explain the lack of customization for the Smoot.

Most of these come with certs by that Shah guy from the Redskins so I don't doubt them...they are most certainly not game used though.

Excellent observation Xav. I bet you're right.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300280329795&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=020

I've emailed the seller on the above and he says it is a 2003 size 46 even though it claims to be a size 48.

Two items:

1. Why is the GSS patch not present?

2. Does the "ARRINGTON" name appear wide enough? It seems to me with a name that long the letters should extend to the front of the 5 and the end of the 6...it looks like they are squished together to much.

You see a ton LaVar jersey from around this time. I think someone just got some game cut blanks and had them made in LaVar jerseys.

You see some of the past stuff this seller has sold. He got over $280 for a Lloyd jersey that looks skeptical and sold some pants for $125. It is nice that now their is really no doubt from past couple seasons of what is real and what is not for Redskisn gamers with team having JO handle and authenticate them for the most part.

This Cooley went for only $785 compared to $2000 for white ones on JO...sort of seems like a bargain to me. Notice in the picture it looks like he is signing at least another burgundy one as well as a white.

Man you need to post this in JO thread as well. I don't always check or see this thread. JO is way too high on some it's jerseys and needs to see what market is on Cooley stuff. I got this Steelers game on video going to check out the Cooley. It sure it is legit and someone got a nice deal on it. Wish pictures were better and we could see if it had the thermal game date tag in it. I wonder what those other burgandy one's are as well. Maybe Cooley kept the jerseys from early season Eagles and Cowboys games. I guess will see if they show up on JO Site or not.

You see a ton LaVar jersey from around this time. I think someone just got some game cut blanks and had them made in LaVar jerseys.

You see some of the past stuff this seller has sold. He got over $280 for a Lloyd jersey that looks skeptical and sold some pants for $125. It is nice that now their is really no doubt from past couple seasons of what is real and what is not for Redskisn gamers with team having JO handle and authenticate them for the most part.

If those are fakes, then that guy is a master. I mean, the letter fonts are perfect. The number fonts are perfect. The placement is perfect. And what about the GSS patch? I guess he could have tore that off some no name. I guess it's possible. I wish these sellers would put better pics up. What's the big deal? Live a little. Put some decent pics up. Sheesh. If we could see the stitching, that would help.

Cool. Thanks. I'll incorporate this into post #1 eventually. :cheers:

Edit: REDSKINS8181, you wanted to see some of my jerseys. Here's all of them, minus the replicas. Three of these are Authentics, the rest are gamers:

dcp5727ck3.jpg

Several of them are posted already in post #1. More pics are coming!

Woah!

It's been a really long time since I've lusted like this over a photo..........

Kinda like when as I child the JC Penny catalog came in the mail and you could look at the ladies undies section.........

Uhh......did I just say that outloud??? :silly:

Unbelievably informative and interesting post, Mark. Thanks a lot for the effort you put into this. I'm sure I speak for many when I say it's most appreiated. :cheers:

If those are fakes, then that guy is a master. I mean, the letter fonts are perfect. The number fonts are perfect. The placement is perfect. And what about the GSS patch? I guess he could have tore that off some no name. I guess it's possible. I wish these sellers would put better pics up. What's the big deal? Live a little. Put some decent pics up. Sheesh. If we could see the stitching, that would help.

Not talking about the 2003 GSS patched ones. Just all the other LaVar so called gamers with no wear that have Lou the Fool Lampson COA with them that show up in Heritage and Grey Flannel auctions over the past few years. LaVar gamers should really nice wear from early 2000 seasons.

How many of the 2002 spear gamers do you have?

Not talking about the 2003 GSS patched ones. Just all the other LaVar so called gamers with no wear that have Lou the Fool Lampson COA with them that show up in Heritage and Grey Flannel auctions over the past few years. LaVar gamers should really nice wear from early 2000 seasons.

How many of the 2002 spear gamers do you have?

I dunno, three or four or five maybe...
Gamers, as in game worn?

If so what's your source? (I realize that it might be buried in this thread, but I figured I would take a chance and see if anyone was nice enough to say again.)

Lots of places. Currently josportsco.com has been getting a lot of attention.

Archived