Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would it be silly to trade for Jason Taylor NOW, with June 1st looming?

michael_33

I read an article over at the Rumor Mill that speculated the Chargers,Ravens and Redskins as the possible teams to get Taylor...Then I read more as the Chargers front office have no desire in Taylor at all....

Then in a different article,it is said that unknown team has already offered the dolphins a 4th round pick for Jason Taylor's services...But Parcell's has not excepted that deal as of now...

So I ask you guys...With June 1st looming and the crazy names that always end up on the free agent list around that time.....Would it be silly now to offer a 3rd or a 4th rounder for Taylor with the possible DE/DT's they may end up as Free Agents here in a couple days?

I mean...We have already seen Erasmus James get released(former 1st rounder)and I'm sure the list will grow here in a few days...

I'm sorry,I just find it VERY hard to believe in my heart that Gregg Blache is actually satisfied, with what we have on the defensive side of the trenches...!

I cannot stress it enough...I don't care how we do it...I don't care if we sign a guy.....trade for Jason Taylor,Trade Randel's ass for a DE.....I want to see a DE or a DT, that is actually a player who will upgrade this defensive line unit Immediately!

Cause I promise you...If we don't, it will be an even rougher year,than most aready expect from a rookie coach and a new system for these offensive players to learn this season....

WE GOT TO GET AT LEAST 1 GOOD DE/DT to play along side Andre Carter and Cornelius Griffin and Golston/Montomery if we are going to be a stout defense again this year!

Not a backup....Not practice squad guy....not training camp fodder.....A true BLUE chip player who will at the MINIMUM take away double teams from Carter and Griffin...!Young or old...doesn't matter!

OK...I'm done ranting now till tomorrow,when we got the same crap on the D-Line!

Thank god your not the GM! Sure lets just get anyone because they will automtically be an upgrade.

It isn't that easy, and if you thought so, don't you think every team would do that? Stick to what we got and let some develop. Unless a real player that is an obvious upgrade comes along (which I doubt), I think we need to stand pat.

Thank god your not the GM! Sure lets just get anyone because they will automtically be an upgrade.

It isn't that easy, and if you thought so, don't you think every team would do that? Stick to what we got and let some develop. Unless a real player that is an obvious upgrade comes along (which I doubt), I think we need to stand pat.

Actually, Jason Taylor WOULD be an upgrade. Teams are shying away because of his age and his salary, not to mention that some feel that his heart is more in Hollywood these days and not in football. If we could get him for a 3rd round pick, I'd jump all over that. The guy still has a few years left in the tank. Just think, if Andre Carter goes down, We have ZERO pass rush. Pretty scary if you ask me.

But you are assuming that any of our late rounders or undrafted free agents are good enough...I'm not so convinced at ALL!

But that's my point...I don't want to be just satisfied with an ok D-Line going into the season....I want to be confident that on any given play,At least 1 DE/DT can collapse the pocket and put consistent pressure on the QB,like a Jason Taylor...or a Jared Allen....or a Julius Peppers....or a Dwight Freeney....or anyone...!

Hell,we don't even have that in Carter(dbl-digit sacks) or Griffin who are pretty good,but not that good....

Can you really look me in the face and tell me, we have at least another Carter on the other side?...Because we don't...

Oh...Is Rob Jackson out of Kansas ST. our Saviour now...?If you can tell me,he's the next Dexter Manley,then I won't say anything else and just let them play...

When I look at the D-line from the left side to the right,this is what I see....

LE Very good,LDT Crap,RDT Very good but get injured and getting older,RDE decent against the run but that's it!

Actually, Jason Taylor WOULD be an upgrade. Teams are shying away because of his age and his salary, not to mention that some feel that his heart is more in Hollywood these days and not in football. If we could get him for a 3rd round pick, I'd jump all over that. The guy still has a few years left in the tank. Just think, if Andre Carter goes down, We have ZERO pass rush. Pretty scary if you ask me.

Ok so your ready to trade a 3rd rounder for a guy who doesn't love football, is up there in afe, and has a huge salary? :laugh: :laugh:

Think about that for a second! An upgrade today could lead to moving back three notches in the future.

June 1st isn't what it use to be after the last CBA agreement. You can designate a player June 1st and cut him in March. If teams were planning to cut vets, they've probably already done it. Erasmus James got cut because he couldn't pass the physical.

But you are assuming that any of our late rounders or undrafted free agents are good enough...I'm not so convinced at ALL!

But that's my point...I don't want to be just satisfied with an ok D-Line going into the season....I want to be confident that on any given play,At least 1 DE/DT can collapse the pocket and put consistent pressure on the QB,like a Jason Taylor...or a Jared Allen....or a Julius Peppers....or a Dwight Freeney....or anyone...!

Hell,we don't even have that in Carter(dbl-digit sacks) or Griffin who are pretty good,but not that good....

Can you really look me in the face and tell me, we have at least another Carter on the other side?...Because we don't...

Oh...Is Rob Jackson out of Kansas ST. our Saviour now...?If you can tell me,he's the next Dexter Manley,then I won't say anything else and just let them play...

When I look at the D-line from the left side to the right,this is what I see....

LE Very good,LDT Crap,RDT Very good but get injured and getting older,RDE decent against the run but that's it!

LOL, could you tell me Tom Brady being picked in the 6th round would be the Tom Brady we know today? I highly doubt so.

I am not saying Rob Jackson will be great, or Chris Wilson can become an every down DE. What I am saying is its not as easy to get a Jared Allen, Freeny type of player. If it was, everyone would do it. Getting a Jason Taylor sets the franchise back by probably 3 years. I do not think thats a smart business move. I think what we are doing is smart. Now if someone is released come June 1st, then we will look at it. But your argument is just a rant. Has no real thought to it.

June 1st isn't what it use to be after the last CBA agreement. You can designate a player June 1st and cut him in March. If teams were planning to cut vets, they've probably already done it. Erasmus James got cut because he couldn't pass the physical.

Then I pray to god that we are interested in Jason Taylor cause he might be all that remains as far as quality/pro bowl caliber D-lineman that would significantly upgrade our D-line going into the season....

(I hope it's us that offered that 4th rounder)I really do...

If we are gonna trade for Taylor, the draft pick better be based on performance and how many years he plans to play in the league

That is something I can live with (assuming the highest pick given does not include a first roudner).

Taylor Plays the same side as Carter. I'm not sure switching him over would be an upgrade over Daniels since Taylor isn't exactly built to play the strong side. He'd also cost a higher draft pick than I'd like to part with, and an 8 million salary. Not to mention he's old and his head doesn't exactly seem to be 100% focused on football these days.

I think the skins would be better off staying clear of any trades for Taylor. If he's cut from the fins...then we can talk.

That is something I can live with (assuming the highest pick given does not include a first roudner).

No one will give up a first rounder for him. Any picks that we offer will all be condititional based on his performance and how long he would stay in the league. I would be willing to give up a 3rd rounder.

your totally right, golston and montgomery are crap:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

just about to post the same thing, montgomery showed great potential and upside last season, but with regard to JT I am sure we didn't offer the dolphins a 4th rounder because we don't have one since pete kendall played 80% of the snaps last season. I, however, wouldn't be entirely opposed to trading for Taylor, maybe wait a little while so we can get him for a lower value, but I'm still not a big fan of what his cap hit will be

Archived