Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anybody know if J.J. Justice (Terps)...

TerpSkin

Anybody know if J.J. Justice (Terps) is getting a tryout with the Skins? The guy is a big safety (I think about 6-2 220) with pretty good speed and he had a great senior year for the Terps. I figured with the Skins depth at safety, he would be an obvious local guy to give a look at, but I haven't heard anything about him yet this offseason. Does anybody know what his situation is? I know the Terps aren't a dominant football team, but usually the guys who shine for the Terps make pretty good pros... and he was definitely a stud last season.

I know the Terps aren't a dominant football team, but usually the guys who shine for the Terps make pretty good pros... and he was definitely a stud last season.

they do have talent that were good enuff to go pro

vernon davis

lights out

kris jenkins

stephon heyer

chad scott

lamont jordan

just to name a few

and randy white and frank wycheck

Justice got burned so much last year, I'd be very surprised to see him play in the NFL. He's got good size but I've never seen a stiffer player in coverage as a defensive back.

I agree. I was not impressed last year, which was really his first year of playing full time. I know he was highly recruited, and I kept waiting for him to crack the lineup other than on special teams. But there was always someone else taking his spot. Last year, he did fine, but not spectacular. Nothing that would make me think he would be a pro.

Justice got burned so much last year, I'd be very surprised to see him play in the NFL. He's got good size but I've never seen a stiffer player in coverage as a defensive back.

I completely agree, did anyone see the WVU game? He looked like Noel Devine's personal b***h on each of his cutback plays where Justice would actually run into his own player... granted he made one of the top defenses in the country...oklahoma...look like middle school kids. But, outside of that he had pedestrian seasons with the Terps. (I grew up a MD fan and have been following them until I chose to go to WVU)

He's got good size but I've never seen a stiffer player in coverage as a defensive back.

He has great size, but he just does not have great instincts. His speed is also not good, normally running in the 4.65-4.7 range.

Anyways, he plays for another team now.

What games were you watching?

I watched all of them... yes, our defense as a whole got wrecked by some very good teams like WVU... but Justice was typically a strong point. Even Champ Bailey occasionally gets burned, that doesn't make him a bad player with bad instincts. The Terps biggest problem on defense was their line play... the LBs and secondary were typically quite good. And they had a great game against a marquee QB in Matt Ryan.

Also, you gotta remember we are talking about a UDFA here. Of course he is going to have some holes in his game... that doesn't mean he can't become a player at the next level. For Justice, his holes would be lack of elite speed, and inexperience (leading to the occasional bad angle). But he has great size and was a great tackler who also showed the ability to make big plays forcing 2 fumbles and making 2 interceptions last season... and had great games against big time teams like BC, Rutgers, Florida State, and Clemson. We're talking about a local prospect who could come in and compete for a backup position to Doughty, where we currently only have other unheralded guys with at least as glaring holes in their game and some with major injury concerns. It's too bad we didn't show more interest in him.

I watched all of them... yes, our defense as a whole got wrecked by some very good teams like WVU... but Justice was typically a strong point. Even Champ Bailey occasionally gets burned, that doesn't make him a bad player with bad instincts. The Terps biggest problem on defense was their line play... the LBs and secondary were typically quite good. And they had a great game against a marquee QB in Matt Ryan.

This is kinda like the Rock/fumble argument. Rock fumbled once back in 2005, so he automatically is being labeled a fumbling machine(in another thread). :laugh:

I think Justice got beat a few times while playing for a pretty terrible Terps defense, so naturally people will say he got burnt a lot. :doh:

This is kinda like the Rock/fumble argument. Rock fumbled once back in 2005, so he automatically is being labeled a fumbling machine(in another thread).

I think Justice got beat a few times while playing for a pretty terrible Terps defense, so naturally people will say he got burnt a lot.

Amen. Exactly right, #21Taylor4Ever... but like lovetoaster and I said earlier, he's the enemy now.

Archived