Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Those pesky democrats supporting our troops again. . .

chomerics

I think the JR enlisted are getting paid fairly decent now about 1400 a month free room medical dental and food.

It depends on your point of reference.

All the civilians I know working in Iraq are in the six figure income bracket. The same can't be said for the enlisted (even senior enlisted). The same civilians I know that are working over there now are former mid-grade or jr enlisted who got out for the better pay and benefits (while working less hours).

Wow, so you are actually saying that taxing people who make over $500K a year in order to give benefits to the soldiers fighting is a bad thing :doh:

Does party loyalty hold no bounds? What would you say to a democrat who posted EXACTLY what you just typed out? What would you say if the republicans wanted to give the troops benefits, and the democrats were trying to block it because of a tax on the top $500K earners? What would your platform be?

You see, you are not only a completely blind and partisan hack, you also don't even have the knowledge to understand when you are being used. You, my friend, are a republicans wet dream.

Hey, here's a novel idea. How about a spending CUT to pay for it? It's not like there's something that can't be cut. Hell, you rail regularly about how big the government has gotten under Bush

Wow, so you are actually saying that taxing people who make over $500K a year in order to give benefits to the soldiers fighting is a bad thing :doh:

Does party loyalty hold no bounds? What would you say to a democrat who posted EXACTLY what you just typed out? What would you say if the republicans wanted to give the troops benefits, and the democrats were trying to block it because of a tax on the top $500K earners? What would your platform be?

You see, you are not only a completely blind and partisan hack, you also don't even have the knowledge to understand when you are being used. You, my friend, are a republicans wet dream.

No I am being real!! Why raise taxes?? Does the government not have enough money to do what it needs....not wants...needs. Don't be fooled my friend. Our government has plenty of money, they just want it to spend on themselves and their pet projects.

So the dems like to think that the rich have enough money already and aren't paying their fair share so why not tax them more in order to pay for this funding bill. Which isn't really a funding bill, but a rouse for an amnesty bill hiding in it.

Anyway, back to my point. Why not just spend less in order to have the money. Why penalize a social class only becuase of the thought process is, "they make enough money and can afford to pay this tax". Again really stupid.

Military pay is linked to civilian pay, and it has been for decades, what ever the base adjustment in salary is, the military gets a corresponding raise. It was not you that just got the raise, but every single person working for the government got the exact same raise. If you want to say that the republicans paid everyone in government more than they should have, sure I'd agree, I got on average 3.75% a year increase just as a base, not to count step and grade increases. In other words, I got almost $4K a year more even if I did a crappy job, hence the problems with government.

Now, they HAVE changed the laws which state that people in the military will be paid and tied to the defense budget instead of the same government system that everyone else is. I believe that change was in 08.

Linked pay...yes. Equal raises...not always.

You must be a big fan of the President's pay modernization/pay for performance initiative.

It depends on your point of reference.

All the civilians I know working in Iraq are in the six figure income bracket. The same can't be said for the enlisted (even senior enlisted). The same civilians I know that are working over there now are former mid-grade or jr enlisted who got out for the better pay and benefits (while working less hours).

There is always going to be some jobs that pay better but even our guys in the desert are making out good with the chance to put money in a savings account that earns 10 percent all tax free income dont know if the civilians have it tax free over there and all re-enlistment and bonuses given out while the service member is tax free

Archived