Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The most beautiful thing in baseball.

Spaceman Spiff

Guest sith lord
Only 4.5 back with A-Rod, Posada, Jeter, and Hughes (well, okay not so much Hughes) having spent significant time on the DL? Damn right I'll take that.

Oh and that is also with Cano and Giambi hitting below the Mendoza line (though Cano is now batting just above it).

I noticed you didn't mention their pitching. I watch a lot of Yankee games and they just don't have the IT factor anymore. When they were winning championships, they were super clutch. A guy on second with 2 outs was no problem for the Yanks. They were gonna get that run in. Not no more. Also, no one's afraid of them anymore.

Talking about the farm system. Joba I forgot about. Cano has been up for a few years. Jeter is 32 I beleive. A-Rod 31? Most positional starters on the team are over 30.

Talking about our farm system? You named three guys (Cabrera, Hughes, Kennedy) that are in the majors. :whoknows:

Tampa really has set themselves up great for the future...Of course they got to this point by being a god awful team for their first 10 years or so. Not just bad, really BAD. They are also doing what the Indians did in the 90's by signing their young stars to multi year deals locking them up before FA when a bidding war would start.

Archived