Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL network- America's Game 1987 Redskins-

ljs

On now....west coast anyway. Great story so far about the 1987 "replacements" season. I didn't realize we had the only team with no regular players crossing the picket line.

On now....west coast anyway. Great story so far about the 1987 "replacements" season. I didn't realize we had the only team with no regular players crossing the picket line.

I still remember watching the first "scab" game when the QB's name was Rubbert and I thought "what the hell".

IMO, 1987 was Gibbs' finest year of coaching. :2cents:

Although a huge redskins fan, I was only 12 during that season...so other than the main players, like Williams, D Green, Monk and so forth, I really had no idea of the situation with Williams and Schroeder after strike. I saw this awhile back too, and like kappa, I'm entranced like Ive never seen it.

I really like what Jeff Bostic says at the end, (not word for word)...In D.C. you have democrat and republican, liberal and conservative, white and black...the only thing that brings that town together is the Redskins.

That episode of the 1987 Skins is beautifully done :applause:...and I love how the guys let us in on some of the tensions and disagreements going on behind the scenes. Bostic demanding to be traded in mid-season was really illuminating, and Williams saying that losing his starting job after being injured was the first time he ever felt let down by Joe Gibbs' word was as well. Shows that there are always problems and issues on even the best of teams, so maybe freaking out when we have some now is not the way to go lol...

Watching that episode of America's Game really reminds me why I became, and stayed, such a huge Redskins fan all these years... :cheers:

Special every time I see it especially after seeing about 20 of those guys a few weeks ago. I still can't believe we almost traded Doug Williams to the Raiders. But that was my first Redskins team and I will always love that team for that reason. Doug was my first favorite Redskin

Saw this on NFL Network last night ... it was excellent!

I never realized that during that season Gibbs told Doug Williams he was gonna trade him to the Raiders and then told him later that afternoon that he'd changed his mind!

Archived