Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green signing autographs

MWCREDSKINS

PS Game Gear is taking advantage of their high end customer base. If you check out their eBay auctions they sell thing for much less (ex. $20 for a Ladell Betts 16x20 that they charged $45 in store for the unsigned photo). If you go to the CSA show in Chantilly the prices look more like the going market rates because they know those prices wont fly.

PS Game Gear is taking advantage of their high end customer base. If you check out their eBay auctions they sell thing for much less (ex. $20 for a Ladell Betts 16x20 that they charged $45 in store for the unsigned photo). If you go to the CSA show in Chantilly the prices look more like the going market rates because they know those prices wont fly.

No its because on EBay no matter the authenticity, people question if its real and wont pay the same as an in store price.

OK, then if not on eBay, how about the memorabilia they sell to other dealers. Alot of their stuff shows up at Sports Card heroes for much less. Also, their eBay auctions come with COA's and photos along with their hologram. Any educated buyer could also check their past signings online to verify they had tat athlete in the store. Most smaller memorabilia companies have eBay seller accounts and the prices usually come close to reflecting the price on their website. But when you charge $165 for a Laron Landry 16x20 in your store, and I buy the same thing on eBay for $30, thats not just people being skeptical of the autograph.

OK, then if not on eBay, how about the memorabilia they sell to other dealers. Alot of their stuff shows up at Sports Card heroes for much less. Also, their eBay auctions come with COA's and photos along with their hologram. Any educated buyer could also check their past signings online to verify they had tat athlete in the store. Most smaller memorabilia companies have eBay seller accounts and the prices usually come close to reflecting the price on their website. But when you charge $165 for a Laron Landry 16x20 in your store, and I buy the same thing on eBay for $30, thats not just people being skeptical of the autograph.

You can also look at the autograph fees. They are more expensive than the other stores (with similiar overhead).

I think it is a little on each argument. They are charging a high price because the people living in the region will pay it. But their rent has to be pretty high in the mall, so they have to make a larger profit on each item sold to cover their costs of operating. They are probably cheaper at the shows because they know they can sell large volumes of product over the course of the weekend that otherwise wouldn't be sold at their stores. It also gets the name out there to people involved in the hobby, rather than your average mall shopper.

anyone remember what they were charging at the draft party? I believe they were selling a santana gamer for $3,500!!

Wow. I don't go to the draft parties anymore (to much of a mad house for me)... but I did see on their website that PS Game Gear would be there. I wonder how much that cost them. They probably had to have everything there REALLY high to cover Dan's rent.

What is funny is that I bought some stuff from PSgamegear at the Chantilly show and it was totallly reasonable. It was really great actually. I bought a Chris Hanburger picture, Daryl Grant SI picture, Ron McDole picture, Larry Brown Sport Magazine picture, all for about 8 bucks a piece and they were all autographed. When I went to the reunion show in April, their prices were absolutely crazy. You are right about the high prices. Absolutely rediculous to charge that, even for at a mall for unsigned pictures. I just wait until the shows and you can get great autographs for really cheap, because of the competition.

Yeah, I was a constant at PS Gamegear when it was at Fair Oaks...they do jack their prices up, but when they are at the Chantilly shows, they have to drop their prices in order to be attractive to the masses.

I saw someone talking about Monk's autograph and what he asks for (sorry if not 100% accurate). I've met Art twice, one for a formal autograph session. No charge, couldn't have been a nicer guy.

"Nicest" Skins I've met for autographs:

1. Theismann...it's like he's a politician, always smiling, always happy and willing to take a photo.

2. Rypien...nicest guy. Ran into him in Vegas, very friendly

3. Gary Clark...too cool for school, but still very friendly. He connected with my wife (then girlfriend) who also went to JMU...very nice guy.

4. Brian Mitchell...You can run into BMitch anywhere in Fairfax/Centreville VA. Very nice and as you would think, slightly candid

5. Dexter Manley- high energy, always with a smile

Yeah I met Manley. He was a great autograph experience.

Dave Butz impressed me the most. He was really friendly with the fans and seemed to be really greatful for the opportunity to sign autographs. I was really impressed with alot of his other teammates from that super bowl year as well.

I hear you on the PSgamegear prices. I went to the super bowl reunion autograph show and they really had great prices on the autograph pictures. They had a Daryl Grant SI 8x10 for like 8 bucks and several other pictures available for really great prices. I also got a Chris Hamburger, Ron McDole, and a Larry Brown for 8 a piece. They had a Theismann and Mosely that I wanted to get. They both signed it "MVP" and their year that they won it. It was 35. I thought I will wait and get it later. Well as it turns out I went to the super bowl signing and when I found out Clark and Jacoby weren't going to be there, I thought I would get an exchange. They said that that price was only available at that show. It makes sense because they had competition. They had to keep the prices low. When they are at the mall and there was no competition, they can ask whatever they want. What seems a little fishy to me is that a lot of the autograph shops seem to know one another and cooperate a little too much for my liking. I wouldn't quite call it collusion, but it seems pretty damn close. I would say that LIS and sportscardheroes really seem to have extremely reasonable prices on their merchandise whereas psgamegear really makes you pay through the nose.

Yeah I met Manley. He was a great autograph experience.

Dave Butz impressed me the most. He was really friendly with the fans and seemed to be really greatful for the opportunity to sign autographs. I was really impressed with alot of his other teammates from that super bowl year as well.

I hear you on the PSgamegear prices. I went to the super bowl reunion autograph show and they really had great prices on the autograph pictures. They had a Daryl Grant SI 8x10 for like 8 bucks and several other pictures available for really great prices. I also got a Chris Hamburger, Ron McDole, and a Larry Brown for 8 a piece. They had a Theismann and Mosely that I wanted to get. They both signed it "MVP" and their year that they won it. It was 35. I thought I will wait and get it later. Well as it turns out I went to the super bowl signing and when I found out Clark and Jacoby weren't going to be there, I thought I would get an exchange. They said that that price was only available at that show. It makes sense because they had competition. They had to keep the prices low. When they are at the mall and there was no competition, they can ask whatever they want. What seems a little fishy to me is that a lot of the autograph shops seem to know one another and cooperate a little too much for my liking. I wouldn't quite call it collusion, but it seems pretty damn close. I would say that LIS and sportscardheroes really seem to have extremely reasonable prices on their merchandise whereas psgamegear really makes you pay through the nose.

Well, if your going to say how good they are... give them a real plug:

www.leaderinsports.com

www.sportscardheroes.com

I have done it several times during this thread already. I was wondering if you remember if John Stallworth was at the last CSAshow in april? I thought that he was? I thought he and a bunch of other steelers were going to be there.

Oh BTW, they announced the barry sanders signature price on the csa website. Apparently Barry is going to command more than Darrell Green and as well that he should. Barry was a great player and Darrell Green was a great player, but when you aren't even willing to give your hometown a discount for your signature? I believe that he should capitalize on his success, but I don't understand how he can charge that much for an autograph.

btw... I am going to disagree with you on who has the best deals. I agree with Leader In Sports, but Sports Card Heroes is also high on tickets. They were half the Super Bowl Reunion.

They also have Chris Hanburger for $20 bucks in a couple of weeks, he was just at Tidewater Sports last weekend for $15 (www.tidewatersports.com) Sports Card Heroes is just to much

Not sure where you are paying $165 for a Laron Landry 16x20????? I haven't seen him that high anywhere.

Sports Card Heroes I trust. I have been in the store many times, seen them at signings buying items for their stores.

I can't "trust" anything I get on Ebay.....sorry.

btw... I am going to disagree with you on who has the best deals. I agree with Leader In Sports, but Sports Card Heroes is also high on tickets. They were half the Super Bowl Reunion.

They also have Chris Hanburger for $20 bucks in a couple of weeks, he was just at Tidewater Sports last weekend for $15 (www.tidewatersports.com) Sports Card Heroes is just to much

It's 5 bucks for a company in Laurel that doesn't attract near the turnout of other places. I can't complain about them over $5.

:2cents:

Not sure where you are paying $165 for a Laron Landry 16x20????? I haven't seen him that high anywhere.

Sports Card Heroes I trust. I have been in the store many times, seen them at signings buying items for their stores.

I can't "trust" anything I get on Ebay.....sorry.

They are 100% legit

Stallworth will be at the CSA Shows, but he has a limit (I think the first 300). I've always heard that Sanders is pricey.

I can't tell Green how to do his business, but man, someone earlier was right, help the hometeam guys out a little. I got a HOF tribute book with his auto for less than $100, so I'm happy. Wouldn't it be hilarious if Monk decided to go to CSA and only charge $25 or something?

I'm still waiting for Deion to make his way to CSA (hoping against hope). Say what you will, he's a talent like no other...too bad we got him 5 years to late.

I would love to see Brett Favre come to the CSA show. I think that would be the bomb. He is probably my favorite non redskins player. I don't know who else is going to be at the CSA show in July, but I would like to get Riggins, but man his auto is expensive. He is even more than D. Green. I would like to meet Theismann. Think that would be a great experience.

I would love to see Brett Favre come to the CSA show. I think that would be the bomb. He is probably my favorite non redskins player. I don't know who else is going to be at the CSA show in July, but I would like to get Riggins, but man his auto is expensive. He is even more than D. Green. I would like to meet Theismann. Think that would be a great experience.

Riggins around here (except at PS Game Gear) is usually 125 flats, 150 minis and 175 premiums... some pricing better, some worse than Green.

Theismann is always doing something, and he has significantly jacked up his price over the past couple of years. No way is he worth 60 bucks a signature.

Riggins around here (except at PS Game Gear) is usually 125 flats, 150 minis and 175 premiums... some pricing better, some worse than Green.

Theismann is always doing something, and he has significantly jacked up his price over the past couple of years. No way is he worth 60 bucks a signature.

I hear you. Have you ever been able to meet Riggins before at one the shows? I have one of his autographs from a leaf playoff edition and I have an 8x10 signed, but I have never gotten to meet him personally. He is probably my favorite Redskins player of all time (Sean Taylor coming a close second). Yes, I agree that 60 is a lot of Theismann. It may be the promoters who make the prices that high. One guy at the show told me that if you approached him the parking lot, he would probably sign no problem. I do think that I would get Theismann if I have the chance to do so.

I hear you. Have you ever been able to meet Riggins before at one the shows? I have one of his autographs from a leaf playoff edition and I have an 8x10 signed, but I have never gotten to meet him personally. He is probably my favorite Redskins player of all time (Sean Taylor coming a close second). Yes, I agree that 60 is a lot of Theismann. It may be the promoters who make the prices that high. One guy at the show told me that if you approached him the parking lot, he would probably sign no problem. I do think that I would get Theismann if I have the chance to do so.

Riggins is nice. His autograph was my best purchase in my opinion. My wife convinced me to do it, I was not going to do it because of price. I ended up not regretting it.

Theismann is really a great guy to the fans. He probably is at the top of the list for good looking signatures.

Archived