Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Darrell Green signing autographs

MWCREDSKINS

Well I am glad that someone had a good experience. Darrell Green from what I have seen on TV appears to be a great guy, but I don't understand why there have been so many bad experiences at the autograph show. I will tell you that Dave Butz was awesome! HE came out and shook everyone's hand in line and introduced himself. He let the kids in line wear his super bowl rings. It was everything you would expect an autograph show would be like. I would think that for 200 Darrell Green would be more of that type of behavior. I understand that everyone is different, but I don't understand when you pay like 200 for an autograph to get defensive with fans and then to charge them an outrageous fee anyway. HE has a right to capitalize on his new found HOF fortune, but I think that I will wait until the demand dies down. Look at HOF'ers Ken Houston would charge. Last year at Chantilly he was charging about 25 a signature.

Well I am glad that someone had a good experience. Darrell Green from what I have seen on TV appears to be a great guy, but I don't understand why there have been so many bad experiences at the autograph show. I will tell you that Dave Butz was awesome! HE came out and shook everyone's hand in line and introduced himself. He let the kids in line wear his super bowl rings. It was everything you would expect an autograph show would be like. I would think that for 200 Darrell Green would be more of that type of behavior. I understand that everyone is different, but I don't understand when you pay like 200 for an autograph to get defensive with fans and then to charge them an outrageous fee anyway. HE has a right to capitalize on his new found HOF fortune, but I think that I will wait until the demand dies down. Look at HOF'ers Ken Houston would charge. Last year at Chantilly he was charging about 25 a signature.

You forget, Houston was one of the no-show's at that show.

But your point is taken.

Yeah I remember, but I do think that he did at least give ample notice unlike certain players who shows and then don't show up at all without any call at all.

Actually, I was at that show... and they kept saying Kenny was on his way... no advance notice on that.

You going to the Jim Lachey thing in Fred?

Actually, I was at that show... and they kept saying Kenny was on his way... no advance notice on that.

You going to the Jim Lachey thing in Fred?

Not really sure about that? I do like Jim Lachey and I don't know how often he comes around here. I went to that PSGamegear signing last month. They had a lot of good deals at their dealer tables at the shows, but man the prices in their stores WHOA! I was like there would be no way on God's green earth that I would pay the kind of prices that they were asking for autographs and pictures. Just framed pictures were waaaaayyyy overpriced. They had a lot of nice and rare items, but not at reasonable prices. The Super Bowl guests that they had were really awesome. Almost all the guests at that signing were great. I had a great time, even though I think that they were overpriced on their signings. I may go down for either Sam Huff or Charlie Brown. I really liked him back in the day, not sure about the Lachey signing yet. What about you? Are you going?

Not really sure about that? I do like Jim Lachey and I don't know how often he comes around here. I went to that PSGamegear signing last month. They had a lot of good deals at their dealer tables at the shows, but man the prices in their stores WHOA! I was like there would be no way on God's green earth that I would pay the kind of prices that they were asking for autographs and pictures. Just framed pictures were waaaaayyyy overpriced. They had a lot of nice and rare items, but not at reasonable prices. The Super Bowl guests that they had were really awesome. Almost all the guests at that signing were great. I had a great time, even though I think that they were overpriced on their signings. I may go down for either Sam Huff or Charlie Brown. I really liked him back in the day, not sure about the Lachey signing yet. What about you? Are you going?

I have some 70 Greatest stuff I need him on... not sure if I will drop it off, or go by.

Just sad people feel this way about Darrell's. I'm a personal friend of his and never ask him for autographs. But he is a great person with a lot of passion for the Redskins and its fans. It bothers me when I read what has been written

Just sad people feel this way about Darrell's. I'm a personal friend of his and never ask him for autographs. But he is a great person with a lot of passion for the Redskins and its fans. It bothers me when I read what has been written

I actually am friends with a business associate of his... that person loves Darrell.

I guess if he likes you, he treats you right.. but the general public, he just isn't very good to. He has a large ego. I have met him MANY times. I have even tried mentioning this mutual friend, and it just hasn't done anything... he always comes off like a @$$:2cents:

Thats great your a personal friend of his...... But I tend to agree with what people have written. They are inline with my experiences as well.

I guess it is sad that athletes can't trust fans enough to not worry about being taken advantage of and it is sad that fans don't trust the players to really care about them. I know that there is a serious disconnect, but I don't understand why the players act they are doing the fans a favor? Without fans, there would be no professional sports as we know it and they certainly wouldn't be able to profit off of it. Basically, it comes down to the all might dollar.

I understand Darrell's frustration w/folks selling his auto for exorbitant amounts of money...but if he jacks up the price to try and minimize that...he puts his auto out of reach for the average fan which he "claims" to love. I paid for one of those HOF publications w/his auto on it...$64 as a matter of fact..which I thought was too much but b/c of the threads here advertise him for $100 and up..so I figured $64 was a bargain and it saved me from having to meet him in person and being really disappointed in who I thought he is. While I am sure that he's a nice guy if you're aquainted w/him...I wish he would remember that all fans aren't money grubbing auto hogs. I've never sold an autograph...and I'm not going to start now. Just wanted to express my opinion...

Couldn't have said it better Ladyskins fan. I did the same thing in regards to buying the program. When I saw that he was charging that kind of money to meet him and sign autographs, I couldn't believe it. I understand that he has a right to capitalize on his new found celebrity, but Darrell should look at the other HOF classmates that are charging 40% less per item. I understand that they aren't as big as they are here because he is a hometown hero, but serious, I don't think that it is right that he is pricing out the average fans who would really like the oppportunity to meet a redskins legend and treasure the autograph that they get. I have a few redskins autograph and unless I was in dire need to help my family out, I would never sell my autographs.

Yeah well that gala is about 2500 a plate to have dinner with he and art monk. Sorry, I would rather have a big screen tv or season tickets. That is a lot of money for one night. It would be cool to be monk and green, but I don't think that I would pay the prices that they are asking.

If you check out eBay his autographs don't really sell for much. He has little national appeal. After all the Hall of Fame collectors get their autographs this year, he wont see much demand and hopefully his prices will drop.

DG doesn't need the money... so his prices won't drop. As someone else said, this is close to the same pricing he was asking before he went to Canton. He is doing alot of events because of the new found interest. When this dies down, he just will go back to do very few events.

He has always offered mail order autographs from his website, and the prices are and have been generally the same, so you're probably right - after the induction, the prices will be the same, only his number of appearances will drop.

The other thing to remember, is that when he appears at a sports shop, the store is marking up the appearance ticket... which is why you see a difference in pricing with all of the different events.

For example, there are two Chris Hanburger signings in the next few weeks. One is at www.tidewatersports.com and they are only charging $15. The other is at www.sportscardheroes.com and they are charging $20. One store is just trying to make more than the other store.

I think that it also has to do with the cost of living in that area. The cost of living is higher here in D.C. than it is in the VA. Beach/Tidewater area. Like if you see something in Fredricksburg it is cheaper than it is in Dulles because the cost of living is a little cheaper. Every thing is probably rated according to the cost of living.

I think that it also has to do with the cost of living in that area. The cost of living is higher here in D.C. than it is in the VA. Beach/Tidewater area. Like if you see something in Fredricksburg it is cheaper than it is in Dulles because the cost of living is a little cheaper. Every thing is probably rated according to the cost of living.

Actually, I will disagree up to a point. I am willing to bet that property values are the same or less in Laurel, MD in a small stand alone store, than a big mall just a few miles from the beach in a tourist area.

Also might cost more depending on how far the athlete has to travel to do the signing. IF the guy lives 15 minutes from the store, he might charge less than if he had to drive a few hours

That is actually part of my point about PS Game Gear and Sports Card Heroes being to expensive. Most of the guys they bring in live up North, yet they are cheaper at Tidewater Sports and Leader in Sports.

Take Neal Olkewics for example. Leader In Sports had him for $15 in February, Tidewater Sports is having him for $15 this weekend. PS Game Gear and Sports Card Heroes had him in April for $25. Olkewics lives in the DC area.

If you check out eBay his autographs don't really sell for much. He has little national appeal. After all the Hall of Fame collectors get their autographs this year, he wont see much demand and hopefully his prices will drop.

Voice of reason?

Football auto's in general are worthless in comparison to any other sport.

NFL is the number one sport yet

A Gretzky Jersey

or A Jordan Jersey

will dwarf any football autographed jersey. Gretzky is Ice Hockey!!!

football auto's don't sell well on ebay either.

I am not really sure though. I think that because it is more densely populated up here, they probably can command more money. I think that is one of the reasons why PS gamegear is so expensive. The other reason being is that they have serious overhead at the mall. Some of the prices that they ask are absolutely rediculous.

Archived