Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone going to the Draft in NYC?

RyansRangers

I was at the draft last year, just to watch the skins make one pick.

To be honest, doing it once is enough for me. I spent the night at my brother's dorm room on 23rd street in Manhattan, he goes to the school of visual arts. Had a couple hours of sleep then went to radio city. I got into a taxi and when I said Radio City Hall, he asked what all the commotion was. This was 5 a.m. I thought I had beaten the big rush but I was wrrrrooooonnng.

Me and my bro got the last two tickets to the draft, they literally shut the door behind us. I won't ever forget that moment. But I could have died from how tired I was, and the draft wouldn't start for another couple of hours. So I snuck up behind news reporters while they were on the air and threw up my "ART MONK BELONGS IN THE HOF" poster, which was confiscated by Radio City security as I went in... strange how the 20 foot banner that Browns fans brought in about Brady Quinn made it inside.

You get something like a goody bag with all kinds of neat things inside, but drafting process is long and boring. My bro was asleep the entire time and after Landry got picked I had no reason to stay after the first round was completed all the way through.

You have to be there crazy early, and that's before they let you line up at the front doors. When the organizers tell you where to go to wait in the official line, do not hesitate to sprint and push people over. I've chosen to watch comfortably from my own home this year.

**EDIT** I don't remember any bracelets last year, I got plain tickets that you place into the clear plastic sleeve connected to the lanyard that they hand you.

Archived