Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My friend thinks Deion Sanders is better than Darrell Green

redskins0756

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Question was, who is the better cornerback. Not who was the better 2 sport athlete. Baseball and Florida State mean spit in this comparison. So do SB's, in which Darrell won 2 also. I think you can also look at the talent surrounding Deion. He was burned up one side and the other with Atlanta (Rice and Ricky Sanders beat him consistantly) and Washington, but was a shutdown corner with Dallass and SF who were competing for SB's at the time. No comparison. Look at their whole football careers and Darrells is better and I'm not being a homer. Deion couldn't cover anyone at age 37 when playing with Baltimore, but Darrell was covering WR's at age 42.

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

If DG was covering better at an older age why was he replaced by deion who in your opinion is spit? For some reason people on this site can't look past there personal dislike for deion and respect his talent. Next you guys will be saying OJ wasn't one of the greatest players in college or the pros because he "not guilty" committed murder. FYI Rice beat "everyone" consistantly and if you can show me where in 8 of ricky sanders seasons with the skins he consistantly beat deion then I'll

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!:doh:

Question was, who is the better cornerback. Not who was the better 2 sport athlete. Baseball and Florida State mean spit in this comparison. So do SB's, in which Darrell won 2 also. I think you can also look at the talent surrounding Deion. He was burned up one side and the other with Atlanta (Rice and Ricky Sanders beat him consistantly) and Washington, but was a shutdown corner with Dallass and SF who were competing for SB's at the time. No comparison. Look at their whole football careers and Darrells is better and I'm not being a homer. Deion couldn't cover anyone at age 37 when playing with Baltimore, but Darrell was covering WR's at age 42.

Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

PJ, buddy, the title of the thread was "My friend thinks Deion Sanders is better than Darrell Green". Nowhere in the OP does it mention anything about the best "Cornerback"....

Green unofficially ran a 4.09 in the 40 back in 86! Here are some other unofficial times:

The Fastest Players in the NFL include the following.

Michael Bennett ( 4.13 @ Wisconsin pro day)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Bennett_(American_football)

Deion Sanders (4.17 and 4.57 backwards @ Florida State University Pro Day)[4]

Devin Hester (4.32 and a 4.38 @ Miami Pro Day, 4.45 @ 2006 NFL Combine, 100 speed in Madden 08)[4]

Reggie Bush (4.33 @ University of Southern California at Pro Day 2006)[4]

Laveranues Coles (4.16 @ Florida State University, 4.29 @ Jets Media Guide)[4]

Ahman Green (4.19 @ Pre-Draft Workout in Nebraska)[4]

Donte Stallworth (4.22 @ 2003 Tennessee Pro Day)[4]

Willie Parker (4.23 @ 2004 North Carolina Pro Day)[4]

Randy Moss (4.25 @ Marshall University)[4]

Champ Bailey (4.28 @ 1999 NFL Combine)[4]

Willis McGahee (4.28 @ Miami Pre-Injury)[4]

What stands out to me is Sanders ran 4.57 backwards!

++++++++++++++++++++++

Surprised not to see Jammi German(sp) on that list, played for Miami U and a short stint with the Falcons until injured, ran a 4.15 and at the time in college was faster than anyone in the NFL.

++++++++++++++++++++++

Surprised not to see Jammi German(sp) on that list, played for Miami U and a short stint with the Falcons until injured, ran a 4.15 and at the time in college was faster than anyone in the NFL.

I tried looking him up the only thing I found was him being arrested his senior year and him on the Browns roster last year but didn't play. Not too many good things written about him!

If DG was covering better at an older age why was he replaced by deion who in your opinion is spit? For some reason people on this site can't look past there personal dislike for deion and respect his talent. Next you guys will be saying OJ wasn't one of the greatest players in college or the pros because he "not guilty" committed murder. FYI Rice beat "everyone" consistantly and if you can show me where in 8 of ricky sanders seasons with the skins he consistantly beat deion then I'll

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!:doh:

Again, the question was, who was the better corner in their career. Not who started on the 2001 Washington Redskins when Deion was 5 years younger than Darrell. I give Deion all the props in the world as a great CB and great return guy and never called him spit. I said his baseball career and FL state don't mean spit. Read before you type. Yes Rice beat everyone, but look at some old game tape of Deion when he was with Atlanta. He was good, but not shutdown good. Not until he went to SF and Dallass was he shutdown good. Sorry, but I'm too lazy to look up stats for Ricky Sanders, but whenever we played him, Sanders would have good games. And for the record, O.J. was an amazing RB, but he's still guilty. :D

Colin Cowturd discussed a topic today on his show that I think correlates somewhat with some persons, myself included, opinions on Deion. He said that ESPN makes some athletes seem better. He used Derek Jeter as an example, basically saying that the only thing most people see is his highlights and gems of a play, and this leads to an incorrect conclusion about how good he really is. Then he went on to explain how Jeter actually has very little range and a lot of balls get by him. He also commented that because of ESPN a lot of people think that Jeter is actually beter than A-Rod and that they are wrong. Just his opinion, but when a guy at ESPN admits how some athletes reps are built by his own network, that has some merit.

Suck on that all you Deion nutsack huggers.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :point2sky

Colin Cowturd discussed a topic today on his show that I think correlates somewhat with some persons, myself included, opinions on Deion. He said that ESPN makes some athletes seem better. He used Derek Jeter as an example, basically saying that the only thing most people see is his highlights and gems of a play, and this leads to an incorrect conclusion about how good he really is. Then he went on to explain how Jeter actually has very little range and a lot of balls get by him. He also commented that because of ESPN a lot of people think that Jeter is actually beter than A-Rod and that they are wrong. Just his opinion, but when a guy at ESPN admits how some athletes reps are built by his own network, that has some merit.

Suck on that all you Deion nutsack huggers.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck :point2sky

Your taking thoughts from a turd and thats supposed to mean what to me????

I respect what deion did when he played the game not saying DG wasn't great himself but I prefer deions style of play and production.:helmet:

If DG was covering better at an older age why was he replaced by deion who in your opinion is spit?

Deion was 33 and Darrell was 40 at the time.

Deion retired after that year. At 33 Darrell Green was destined to start for seven more years and go to two more pro bowls.

At 40 Deion had been out of the league for two seasons after playing nickel for two years and retiring a second time. During one of those years, when Deion was 37, he played in 9 games and started 2 of them. At the same age (37) Darrell Green started the entire season, all 16 games, and went to his second of back-to-back pro-bowls. In fact, from the ages 33 to 39 Green started every single game at corner.

That's seven seasons.

Every. single. game.

In my opinion Deion is not 'spit.' He's one of the best there ever was. However, whatever you think about them in their respective primes there is no way anyone can argue with a straight face that Deion was as good past his prime as Green. It's not even close.

Deion was 33 and Darrell was 40 at the time.

Deion retired after that year. At 33 Darrell Green was destined to start for seven more years and go to two more pro bowls.

At 40 Deion had been out of the league for two seasons after playing nickel for two years and retiring a second time. During one of those years, when Deion was 37, he played in 9 games and started 2 of them. At the same age (37) Darrell Green started the entire season, all 16 games, and went to his second of back-to-back pro-bowls. In fact, from the ages 33 to 39 Green started every single game at corner.

That's seven seasons.

Every. single. game.

In my opinion Deion is not 'spit.' He's one of the best there ever was. However, whatever you think about them in their respective primes there is no way anyone can argue with a straight face that Deion was as good past his prime as Green. It's not even close.

I agree DG was way better past his prime than Deion. Deion had the toe injury and if you know anything about running it's impossible to sprint and change direction with that injury. Plus playing baseball took a toll on his focus and production, if he would have just concentrated on football who knows how much longer he would have played at a high level. DG hands down better past his prime than dieon was!

Again, I never said Deion was "SPIT". I said his baseball career and his time at Florida State doesn't mean "SPIT" when comparing the two CB's pro football career. Please stopping taking what I said out of context. And I did give Deion props for his career. He was one of the best. Better than Darrell? No IMO.

Archived