Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could mean the Jets are giving up Coles!

Rabblerouser

The Coles deal is simply too expensive for the Jets. Resigning Pennington AND Abraham is gonna be a chore in itself. BUT, the other main thing the Jets must be thinking, do they really want Coles back after his comments that he is glad to eb a Redskin? What kind of attitude would he have? How we he be treated by the fans and teammates? Why even find the answers to those questions.

agreed '56.

:deal: i'll believe it when i see it in print on thursday. or is it wednesday? when in the hell do we actually find out? i've seen articles saying one or the other (both if it's peter king, neither if it's the times (:D ).

Is it just me or are the Jets fans now intimating that Coles is a cancer and was the MVP of their club last year now that he has signed an offer sheet with the Redskins? Sounds like sour grapes.

Let me enlighten all these Jet fans who grace our presence here. I'm quite sure you'd all be wearing your #87 Coles jerseys and touting how he's a top five receiver if he had not been given an offer sheet by an other NFL team. Your own coach nominated him to the team MVP for last year. He also carried the team into the playoffs and helped Pennington progress into a potential franchise QB.

It's the team owners of the Jets you should be resentful towards. They failed to protect a potential pro bowl player, choosing instead to risk loosing said player for the sake of saving a few dollars. In an era when the NFL can be considered it's most competitive and "marred" by parity, leaving a potential franchise core player unprotected is nothing more than sheer idiocy.

Don't get me wrong. I think COles is a good WR but ever since Keyshawn left everyone here has been clamoring for a BIG WR. Coles is not he is fast as hell but with a QB that can't throw over 20 yards that does not help us. He was awesome last year and whether we match or not I will not say he is a top-5 WR. I barely think he is top-10. It is not sour grapes it is we have players like Abraham and Pennigton who are FAR more important to the team than Lav to wrap up all that bonus money in him.

BTW Herm must be on crack b/c Pennigton was the Jets MVP.

Jets | Trade Offer For Streets Not Enough - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)

13:48 PT: Updating previous reports, Jay Glazer reports for SportsLine.com agent Ralph Cindrich said it appears a deal that would have sent WR Tai Streets to the New York Jets will not happen. He said he was informed by the Jets that they were unable to work out trade terms with the 49ers. The Jets had hoped to trade an early to mid round draft choice to San Francisco for his services. "We had a discussion with the Jets this morning and at that point it was decided that we would not continue pursuing negotiations because they couldn't work out a deal with San Francisco," said Cindrich. The 49ers want a first-round pick as compensation, a pick the Jets are not willing to part with. Without that pick, the deal is "dead."

It would appear that things aren't always as they seem

Same ol cheep arse Jets FO.

The Jets had hoped to trade an early to mid round draft choice to San Francisco for his services

You wanna play, you gotta PAY ! I don't blame the Jets for trying to secure a replacment for Vern prior to cutting him loose, but your not gonna get upper shelf with those offers

The week has gone quicker then I figured........which is great. We'll have our news soon enough.

While I wait ............:high: :high: ................:pint:

all this backlash from Jets fans here is just garbage.

if you have a pick in the first round what you are trying to do is acquire a wide receiver that can do just what Coles did last year at age 25, post 90 receptions - 1,300 yards and tds.......... :)

does anyone realistically believe that Andre Johnson or Rogers are necessarily going to come in and post better numbers than that? even in 2004?

Archived