Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I found a way for the Redskins to aquire Pacman Jones and Jeremy Shockey all at once!

michael_33

Everyone here realizes we need a CB in one of the top 3 rounds of the draft,with Rogers required recovery time plus for depth...

Everyone also realizes we need a BIG WR to compliment our smurf WR's in one of the top 3 rounds as well...Right?

Why couldn't Shockey be used in a WR role like he's been used in many packages for the Giants in his tenure?He wouldn't take any snaps away from Cooley and would also provide a DBL thread from the WR or even the TE position as well!Shockey could be used in a DBL-TE set....a 3,4 or 5 WR set or spread offense for mismatches...He could also give Cooley a breather at the TE position and we would not lose a beat!

So how do we get him?...Well lets go back to Pacman for a second...ok?

Dallas has offered the Titans a 4th round pick I believe for pacman and so far ,the trade talks are at a standstill cause the titans want more...right?

How about we trade down to the titans?The Redskins have the #21 pick and the Titans have the 24th pick...

21st pick has a value of 800 points and the 24th pick has a value of 740 points...That's a difference of 60 points!That's also the same value of the #117th pick in round 4 in the 08' draft...

So by trading with the titans...they move up 3 spots to #21 and we move down to #24...Now they will want more cause of the dealings with Dallas...!So we offer our 5th round selection to them,which is the 146th pick in the 5th round...BAM!!We have Pacman jones and no need to draft a CB high in the draft!

So what would the Giants want for Shockey...Well..this was over in "ATN" forum...

PFT's source says the Giants asked for the second-rounder and Harper, but the Saints wouldn't go that high. This was probably before the Jints signed Sammy Knight, so Harper may not be as desirable to them any longer.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

So the Giants wanted a 2nd rounder and a player for shockey....So now we know what Shockeys price is...

So what if we traded down again to the Giants from #24 to #31(7 spots) and offered them our 2nd round pick #51st pick for Jeremy Shockey..?(I need to go back and check/edit this thread for the value of that trade down)(EDITed here)the value of that trade down from #24 to #31 is (#24 is 740pts and #31 is 600 pts)...a difference of 140 points in value...That's the value of the 90th pick in the 3rd round...Basically...Shockey for a 2nd rounder and the value of a 3rd rounder...Not bad since they wanted a 2nd rounder and Harper from the Saints!

So we would go from #21...to.....#24+pacman-5th rounder...to...#31+Shockey-2nd rounder all by trading down and still having a 1st round selection!

Our picks from here would be...1st(31),3rd,3rd(comp),6th,7th,7th,7th(comp)

and adding CB pacman jones and TE(WR for us)Jeremy Shockey!Only losing our 2nd and 5th rounder in those deals...

These are all reasonable deals and follow suit to what is being offered at this time....

Should we pull the trigger on this? :2cents:

no. shockey is not going to want to come here only to be second tight end or third wide out. that and i dont think that titans would do that deal. the only way i see they do is if there was someone that they covet that they cant get at 24 that they could at 21. maybe and only maybe would they do the deal then.

Please tell me you are either on drugs or have drank more than I did tonight. The last thing we need is a criminal and a crybaby. Every time I hear Shockey's name, I think about one play in 2005 where he was busy arguing with the ref while our guy ran past him with the INT. Now it also occurrs to me that they won the super bowl only after he was injured.

No offense, but this is ridiculous. Trades like that don't go down in the NFL... Maybe in Madden, but not in real life.

Why is this trade so difficult?

All we would be doing is swapping 1st round picks(#21) with the titans(#24) and trading our 5th rounder for Pacman....

Then swapping 1st round picks(#24) with the Giants(#31) and trading our 2nd rounder for Jeremy Shockey...

Then we would not have to draft a CB or a WR/TE in any of the top 4 rounds of the draft...

And with our 31st selection we could grab the best available player there....Probably DE/DT/OL

Maybe Balmer or Calais Campbell or whoever...?

No how about this. Let's swap with the 49ers and get TE Vernon Davis and put him at LT (sarcasm). Alright enough! Let's just draft some young talented hungry players and play them at their natural positions. Anyone for that?

Don't like to be negative usually but this is THE dumbest thread I have read on here. I don't want either of those LBs on our team.....esp Pac man....lets pretend you never brought this up.

HAIL!

I agree with you a 100%....This is definately the worst thread in the history of extremeskins....This is so far worse than the "picking up roy williams" dallas(s) thread... :doh:

I agree with you a 100%....This is definately the worst thread in the history of extremeskins....This is so far worse than the "picking up roy williams" dallas(s) thread... :doh:

No its not as bad as the Roy Williams from Dallas thread but its not far behind.

Explain to me why we need Shockey? Chris Cooley ring any bells?

As for Jones he may not ever play in the NFL again and even if he does is a suspension for life waiting to happen.

Pass and pass.

Ya...you guys are so right...There's no way that any of these deals are possible...Anything I ever come up with, is total crap!!

Would you guys be against this idea..?

Promote Zorn from Off. coor. to head coach and then just hire an offensive coordinator again?

Coordinator(maybe?)

-----------

Fassell

Mooch

Bugal

Byner

or whoever?

This may not be a popular choice,but I would rather have a young guy as coach for a decade than an old fossil...

Why not?Why not give ole' Zorn a shot...What the Hell...Let him implement his West Coast Philosophy to the team?

I don't know how qualified he is or isn't,but we gave a guy a shot in 1980 and it didn't work out to bad...!

He's already on staff and I'm sure he's been already bunkered down and coming up with schemes and what not?He wouldn't mind the BUMP...

Would this be a bad idea or not?

Course being left handed (Zorn) we would definately keep Brunell! so maybe not!hahah

Among many other threads.... :doh: Michael_33 just owned ALL your butts!

Here are some of the replies I got then from my thread...

What if Dan Snyder hired Al Davis to be his coach? Then Al Davis hired Dan Snyder to coach the raiders?!?!?!
So let me get this straight:

You admit that you know nothing about his qualifications, but you are ready just to give him the job because he is young?

BRILLIANT!

(I really liked that one...)

So maybe you guys should criticize someone after their thread... CAN'T happen?

I understand we probably won't get pacman or even Shockey,but this criticizing someones ideas is gotta stop....NOW you know why I phrased a thread previously closed that had the word"nazi" used...?

It wasn't meant to compare the attrocities that the Jewish community had to endure in that horrible period under the Natzi regime...But rather a comparison how you people(members) accuse,attack and backlash someone who's ideas are not like your own....

I think the wording I used was "perfect" when comparing the act by supposed adults on this site!

If you don't like the idea....The shut up!

I NEVER attack people on this site and never have nor criticize any ideas that I don't agree with...If I liked it, I respond...If I don't, I don't even bother opening the thread...

If I got these same responses in person or at a social event,rather than a internet forum....the majority of my fellow redskins fans would be watching ALL of our redskins games from your local hospital! :2cents:

Grow up people!

Ya...you guys are so right...There's no way that any of these deals are possible...Anything I ever come up with, is total crap!!

All you are doing is repeating what we say....how does that own us? :pooh:

Please tell me you are either on drugs or have drank more than I did tonight. The last thing we need is a criminal and a crybaby. Every time I hear Shockey's name, I think about one play in 2005 where he was busy arguing with the ref while our guy ran past him with the INT. Now it also occurrs to me that they won the super bowl only after he was injured.

:cheers: i saw the name of the post. just wanted to read it and see if it was as bad as i thought.......it was. Congrats you're dumb:2cents:

this makes no sense and i dont want either player. why is there always someone here who wants every player released/free agent/malcontent that comes along. and i just cant see the giants doing business with us either.

Here are some of the replies I got then from my thread...

(I really liked that one...)

So maybe you guys should criticize someone after their thread... CAN'T happen?

I understand we probably won't get pacman or even Shockey,but this criticizing someones ideas is gotta stop....NOW you know why I phrased a thread previously closed that had the word"nazi" used...?

It wasn't meant to compare the attrocities that the Jewish community had to endure in that horrible period under the Natzi regime...But rather a comparison how you people(members) accuse,attack and backlash someone who's ideas are not like your own....

I think the wording I used was "perfect" when comparing the act by supposed adults on this site!

If you don't like the idea....The shut up!

I NEVER attack people on this site and never have nor criticize any ideas that I don't agree with...If I liked it, I respond...If I don't, I don't even bother opening the thread...

If I got these same responses in person or at a social event,rather than a internet forum....the majority of my fellow redskins fans would be watching ALL of our redskins games from your local hospital! :2cents:

Grow up people!

Someone is off on a drunk tangent....

M_33, 21 (mod) already told you to watch it with the Nazi references - so instead of apologizing and saying you won't do it again - you start a thread for what seems to be the sole purpose of bringing it up again!? And then you go and defend your usage of it by saying you didn't mean to insult the people who suffered the attrocities, but that you were right to use the slur? (after being told not too) THEN you go and say that you'd put any of us in the hospital if we criticized you in person?

If you can't handle a difference of opinion - then PLEASE don't post. In fact, just go become another worthless fan of the Cowboys. :doh: I'd bet that they'd welcome your senseless, inane, babble.

You don't attack people on this board? THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS DESIGNED TO DO JUST THAT!

Top 10 reasons this makes no sense.

1) Giants wont trade within the division.

2) A 2nd round pick+ 7 spots in the 1st round is WAY too much for Shockey at this point

3) Shockey is a TE with avg speed and is not a WR

4) There is no indication the Giants want to move up in round 1

5) We dont need Shockey

6) We would not want Adam Jones i f he was a FA we certainly are not going to trade for him

7) Just because you want to move down 3 spots with Ten, there is no reason to think they want to move up

8) The draft chart means nothing

9) We dont want Adam Jones

10) Mathis has already filled our A-Hole quota of 1

:cheers: i saw the name of the post. just wanted to read it and see if it was as bad as i thought.......it was. Congrats you're dumb:2cents:

Thanks for the props of recognizing my name...(even if I should be humiliated) :doh:

Unfortunately...I don't remember you....Your just not that important to me...! :silly: Go somewhere else Cowboys fan... :)...

And dude....You don't even deserve to talk to me...what are ya...23...24...Please....!

Your probably my son!dude.... :silly:

Someone is off on a drunk tangent....

M_33, 21 (mod) already told you to watch it with the Nazi references - so instead of apologizing and saying you won't do it again - you start a thread for what seems to be the sole purpose of bringing it up again!? And then you go and defend your usage of it by saying you didn't mean to insult the people who suffered the attrocities, but that you were right to use the slur? (after being told not too) THEN you go and say that you'd put any of us in the hospital if we criticized you in person?

If you can't handle a difference of opinion - then PLEASE don't post. In fact, just go become another worthless fan of the Cowboys. :doh: I'd bet that they'd welcome your senseless, inane, babble.

You don't attack people on this board? THIS ENTIRE THREAD IS DESIGNED TO DO JUST THAT!

Hey loser....I didn't even know that thread was closed until someone gave me a private message to tell me how STUPID it was and that they agreed with me...

And I don't attack people and never do,until I feel like I'm being belittled or some other form of that...

I can handle peoples opinions just FINE....But I don't think people need to tell someone their "stupid" "Dumb",which i find and consider and attack on someone...

Why would I not defend myself here,when if said to me in person...I'd be kicking your ass!

Hey loser....I didn't even know that thread was closed until someone gave me a private message to tell me how STUPID it was and that they agreed with me...

And I don't attack people and never do,until I feel like I'm being belittled or some other form of that...

I can handle peoples opinions just FINE....But I don't think people need to tell someone their "stupid" "Dumb",which i find and consider and attack on someone...

Why would I not defend myself here,when if said to me in person...I'd be kicking your ass!

You wish you could.

HAIL!

Okay. This one is definitely done. For a number of reasons. Chief among them is that it has devolved into something that resembles something from your average elementary school. Which also means there are several rules violations. Couple of you have earned timeouts for them as well. And you all know I hate doing that ****. Good day.....gentlemen.

Archived