Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

i need your guys opinion...

nerrad

ok im a chicago fan and were in the market for a qb obviously.

scouts are compairing andre woodson to jason cambell, is that an accurate comparison?? from what ive seen i think it is but i wanna know from people who watch the skins every weekend.

thanks

arm strength,I'd say campbell has the stronger arm.

accuracy-push

woodson has more of an impressive college record, but woodson's throwing mechanics are supposed to be god awful and he normally played out of a shot gun and would have to get used to lining up under center in the NFL.

though his stats don't show it campbell showed improvement in reading and being able to move coverage with his eyes. That's supposed to be one of Woodsons flaws.

I'd say there comparable,but woodson should spend a year on the bench working on his mechanics and getting to see what NFL defenses do on a game-game basis.

From what I saw of Woodson he is as accurate with less of an arm. Not by much though, he still throws a good deep ball. He is more mobile than JC as well but he is no Seneca Wallace (I would say no Vick but I don't like going there anymore.) Woodson is a promising prospect if he learns to read defenses more accurately. That was his biggest flaw. He missed alot of open receivers last year in some big games that led to some drive killers. He could develop into a solid starting QB in the right offense. I think he is better than Grossman but that is just my humble opinion.

I think Woodson has a huge arm, but slightly less than Campbell. I think what draws comparisons the most is their toughness in the pocket and ability to squeeze the ball into tight spots. Contrary to what people have said, Woodson is actually a bit slower than Campbell with regard to straight line speed. He might be a more fluid runner though.

Throwing mechanics are similar as both have a long, windup release which definitely suits a downfield offense more. Campbell probably has more mid-to long range accuracy but Woodson, at least at the college level, was definitely better on the shorter range outs and slants.

All in all, I like Woodson as a prospect but don't expect him to come in and play well until his third or fourth year in the league (cough, same with Campbell all you haters). He needs some development and polish on his mechanics but I definitely don't think he's as big a gamble as some of the draft gurus might tell you. He's got some game and if he lands in the right place, he's going to be a good player.

ok im a chicago fan and were in the market for a qb obviously.

scouts are compairing andre woodson to jason cambell, is that an accurate comparison?? from what ive seen i think it is but i wanna know from people who watch the skins every weekend.

thanks

I'll just have to answer you're question with a question; how often have you watched Woodson play and exclaim..."How did he fit that pass in there?" Moreover, the amount of time the ball spends in the air, ie can he get the ball to the receiver in a hurry... All in all, the kid can ball.

From what I saw of Woodson he is as accurate with less of an arm. Not by much though, he still throws a good deep ball. He is more mobile than JC as well but he is no Seneca Wallace (I would say no Vick but I don't like going there anymore.) Woodson is a promising prospect if he learns to read defenses more accurately. That was his biggest flaw. He missed alot of open receivers last year in some big games that led to some drive killers. He could develop into a solid starting QB in the right offense. I think he is better than Grossman but that is just my humble opinion.

Grossman can play but my grandma is a more inspiring leader. The woodson kid is a baller, but I would worry about his ability to play smart in the pro game. He is mobile, as is Jason but that is one area where I think he may be more of a threat than jason. His initial reaction to a busted play or scramble will be to tuck and run. jason will take off, but if he can throw it he will. Zorn said they are working on Jason's ability to avoid the pass rush without necessarily deserting the pocket. IF jason can master that we could have a scary good offense.

Archived