Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Is Lethal Injection "Cruel and Unusual Punishment?"

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I am with the majority here that believes that lethal injection is not cruel and unusual punishment in light of other methods of execution.

The real question is whether the death penalty itself is cruel and unusual. I believe that it is, but that is not the subject of this thread (thank goodness). So you don't have to flame me.

ps - I think Thiebear may have the best answer of all.

This piece of **** has been on death row for almost 10 years

I liked it better 70 years ago

Franklin D. Roosevelt was the intended victim in Miami on February 15, 1932, when he was president elect; the mayor of Chicago, Anton J. Cermak, was between FDR and the gunman Giuseppe Zangara; he paid with his life three weeks later.

Friggin lawyers

No, too many cases of coerced confessions nowadays. Even in a confession that is not accompanied by the other scenarios, the sentence would be life with no parole.

Not if the confession and interrogations are taped like they are in most places these days.

I think criminals should be put on a list to donate organs. Someone needs a heart then the next person on death row is donating their heart, or kidney or liver or eye,etc, etc,....

Wasn't that a movie? :laugh:

Here's a better question. Ask the families of victims who were tortured and murdered such as that young couple about a year ago that were both raped for days and at one point the ****s poured bleach down the girls mouth to try and get rid of any DNA. They were both eventually murdered.

Lethal injection cruel? Puhlease.

Here's a better question. Ask the families of victims who were tortured and murdered such as that young couple about a year ago that were both raped for days and at one point the ****s poured bleach down the girls mouth to try and get rid of any DNA. They were both eventually murdered.

Why is that a better question? I don't want my government modeling itself after people like that - do you?

Yeah, putting someone into a permanent sleep is equal to someone raping, torturing and murdering someone. Gotcha.

Didn't say that.

I asked why you think your question was a better question. It seemed like a pretty irrelevant question, unless you think that what our government does should be guided in some way by the actions of evil madmen.

What % of people trust our government? Anyone have the statistic on it somewhere. I assume it is 20% roughly.

If that is the case, and we don't trust them, how come we have no problem giving our government the power of the death penalty. Don't know about you guys, but maybe they should not have the power until the have shown on a consistent basis that they are not corrupt, power hungry, and unethical.

You should and the option of "I don't care if it's cruel and unusual or not, **** deserves to die"

Oh I pick this one can I change my vote.

If you are on death row than what you did was a serious crime, I think you should feel a little pain before you are sent to hell.

So I say tough **** I have no sympathy for these criminals

Archived