Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A Philosophical Question for Republicans

chomerics

I'm pretty non-partisan on this because I don't have a plan to fix anything, but I imagine if you compare the tax cuts to corporations with jobs gained by the unemployed, or workers who entered new tax brackets we would see that the tax cuts didn't create much wealth that didn't already exist.

I think Reaganomics was well intentioned but it's certainly doesn't seem to be working right now from what I've seen. And being a business owner I can say personally that tax cuts have no direct impact on my employees. Now I probably operate a lot closer to the red than most big corporations, but I really don't see them turning those tax breaks into jobs and promotions.

Ever considered how many people are employed by these "big corporations" is relation to how many people are employed by public organizations?

America should (and does) protect the countries largest employer.(private business) There is no other solution. Unless, of course, you think Communism is a solution.

To answer the OP, I'm much less offended by the welfare mother than business subsidies. Businesses should be able to sink or swim by themselves. I know, they'd complain that they have to compete with a bunch of state-owned enterprises around the world, but I really don't care. If they can't survive because of foreign governments subsidizing THEIR oil industries, bully for us. We get to buy oil made cheaper on the backs of foreign taxpayers.

To answer the OP, I'm much less offended by the welfare mother than business subsidies. Businesses should be able to sink or swim by themselves. I know, they'd complain that they have to compete with a bunch of state-owned enterprises around the world, but I really don't care. If they can't survive because of foreign governments subsidizing THEIR oil industries, bully for us. We get to buy oil made cheaper on the backs of foreign taxpayers.

At worst, you are poorly educated on this topic.

At best, you underestimate the importance of oil refiners.

No, it's never non-partisan.... seriously.

Eh, some topics can, some cant. Depends on who you are talking with. Economics is a science, it doesnt have to be political. I have had many many non-partisan discussions of finance and economics.

Edit: Way off topic, sorry.

Don't patronize me.

I understand fine.

No you don't.

"Businesses should be able to sink or swim by themselves. I know, they'd complain that they have to compete with a bunch of state-owned enterprises around the world, but I really don't care."

What is your opinion of the effect these banks are having on the economy? How would you feel if a couple of major oil refiners had to shut down?

Oh, you don't care..... :rolleyes:

I'm all for business making money, capitalism, and for-profit in general.

The problem is that these companies are not only making money, they are actually influencing government policy and public opinion to create the environment in which they can make most $$. Unfortunately that environment is not necessarily in our best interests as a country.

The problem is that these companies are not only making money, they are actually influencing government policy and public opinion to create the environment in which they can make most $$. Unfortunately that environment is not necessarily in our best interests as a country.

How much money is "too much" money? Be specific.

Ever considered how many people are employed by these "big corporations" is relation to how many people are employed by public organizations?

Yes, definitely I consider it all the time. Would you say that the ratio of tax breaks to layoffs has gotten better or worse during this administration. I might be wondering if we should be more picky about the times in which we give corporations breaks.

I don't purport to know what I'm talking about, but I see no harm in promoting the conversation. It's my understanding that the trickle down should eventually reach it's way into the pockets of the many middle and lower class consumers via new jobs and promotions. Maybe I'm misinformed.

No you don't.

"Businesses should be able to sink or swim by themselves. I know, they'd complain that they have to compete with a bunch of state-owned enterprises around the world, but I really don't care."

What is your opinion of the effect these banks are having on the economy? How would you feel if a couple of major oil refiners had to shut down?

Oh, you don't care..... :rolleyes:[/quote

Govt help for business because they can't survive on their own....sounds like the anti-capitalism and you are the one throwing around communism??? Unless you think there is not enough demand for oil or global capabilities for another company to come in and take over that business

Eh, some topics can, some cant. Depends on who you are talking with. Economics is a science, it doesnt have to be political. I have had many many non-partisan discussions of finance and economics.

Economics is barely a science. It is an attempt to apply scientific rigor to a field that defies reproducible testing in a real world environment. I have a BS in Economics.

Lots of groups influence government policy counter to what is best for the country.

I eat welfare babies, they taste good, I get my monthly supply from ReplubicanBloodsuckers.com along with the oil I fill my pool with and swim in.

That is only if they can pass the welfare babies to be that are exacted revenge in the womb. Courtesy of democratsdontcareaboutlife.org where they keep the baby chum.

Yes, definitely I consider it all the time. Would you say that the ratio of tax breaks to layoffs has gotten better or worse during this administration. I might be wondering if we should be more picky about the times in which we give corporations breaks.

I don't purport to know what I'm talking about, but I see no harm in promoting the conversation. It's my understanding that the trickle down should eventually reach it's way into the pockets of the many middle and lower class consumers via new jobs and promotions. Maybe I'm misinformed.

Trickle down works just fine if those in the middle and lower class are willing to "earn" it. Trickle down does not mean you sit at the bottom of the waterfall and fill you bucket free of charge. :2cents:

Opportunity in America to earn a living is beyond compare in the world.

Trickle down works just fine if those in the middle and lower class are willing to "earn" it. Trickle down does not mean you sit at the bottom of the waterfall and fill you bucket free of charge. :2cents:

The lower and middle class make up over 80% of this country. I guess rhetoric is better then fact. The people you are so elliquently referring to make up less than 5%.

No you don't.

Oh, you don't care..... :rolleyes:[/quote

Govt help for business because they can't survive on their own....sounds like the anti-capitalism and you are the one throwing around communism??? Unless you think there is not enough demand for oil or global capabilities for another company to come in and take over that business

Facism is the word you are looking for. And yes it concerns me, via this Federal Reserve BS that we are hearing about. Still in all. It is in the best interest of our country for these key business to exist even if they were poorly managed. Operating word...KEY

Aren't you curtailing the entire subject. If the trickle down doesn't actually create more money for the middle and bottom but just stays at the top, that's not much of a trickle is it?

The lower and middle class make up over 80% of this country. I guess rhetoric is better then fact. The people you are so elliquently referring to make up less than 5%.

Lower and middle class make up for more than 80%, my friend. And they still pay the lion share of taxes in this country. Shall we squeeze more blood from the radish?

Facism is the word you are looking for. And yes it concerns me, via this Federal Reserve BS that we are hearing about. Still in all. It is in the best interest of our country for these key business to exist even if they were poorly managed. Operating word...KEY

Facism is NOT the word I was looking for. I was quoting you and your constant missuse of the word communism and your hypocracy in asking for govt handouts for business but condemning it for other things. If you are truely the die hard capitalist you portray yourself to be then there are not need for handouts because the market regulates itself by the business cycle and market competition.

Archived