Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Thursday with Vinny on Redskins Radio

HigSkin

If Talib isn't there at 21 then a real good player is going to fall to us at another position, or, one of the other real good CBs will fall to us. Leodis McKelvin, Michael Jenkins, DRoC, and Talib. It's kind of hard to see all 4 CBs going before our pick, AND all 5 1st round OL (Long, Clady, Otah, Williams, Albert) AND DTs Glenn Dorsey and Sedrick Ellis AND DEs Long, Gholston, Harvey and Merling. If all that happened then one of the WRs might be BPA. Oh, unless S Kenny Phillips is available, in which case I think he is BPA over the WRs.

I know that whole list still isn't 21 players, so it theoretically could happen, but their are other good players who will get taken ahead of 21 as well, like QBs Brohm and/or Ryan, RBs McFadden, Mendenhall, Stewart, and OLB Rivers. Not to mention at least 1 team ahead of us will reach on a WR.

So, IMO, either 1 of the 4 CBs, 1-2 of the 5 OL, or one of the DL will fall to us, or a couple players from these groups, and I'd be fine with any one of them. After Cerrato's comments today, I really don't think the team is sold on any of the WRs as probable BPAs at 21.

Well said.

Let's not let the word get out - but one thing I can say for fact about the upcoming draft is that only 20 players will be selected in the first 20 picks. :secret:

I know pretty much everyone on the board won't agree with me, but I wish we did have interest in him. Pacman is an amazing talent who was already a top 5 CB and one of the best KRs in only his second year in the league. He also knows that he is on EXTREMELY THIN ice and if he ****s up, his NFL career is over with. We could probably get him for a low draft pick and honestly, the reward is far greater than the risk.

Risk = Lose a second day draft pick/cut Pacman with little cap hit.

Reward = Have a SICK secondary with Springs,Smoot,Rogers,Pacman at CB with Landry roaming around centerfield.

:doh:

Well, I can't agree with "Acquiring" Pac. Not with the history and the Commish cracking down on teams that have questionable character players. Pacs' past is just toooo fresh in peoples minds. A guy in Vegas is PARALYZED due to a raucus that Pac started/instigated! What will be SICK is if Pac came to DC, went to the strip club. Then someone died. How can a young, 1st time head coach deal with that? High character guys for Zorn is a MUST!Gibbs is THE ONLY coach the Skins had that could! Pac messes up AGAIN in DC? Translation? SEASON OVER. I'll pass.

I really like the fact that there is one guy who is incharge of personel. I think it helps to know who is going to make the decisions instead of an ambiguous group making a collective decision. Now at least we know who is pulling the trigger on the picks.

But, I do like Aqib Talib, I think he is going to be a really good NFL corner. He took over the bowl game against VT this last year, so he definitely can be an impact player.

I'm content to see what happens.....but they haven't done anything yet. standards are low if that constitutes "a good job".

Sometimes what you don't do is as important as what you do. Not getting involved in throwing money to a weak free agent class was a great move.

I think we are one of the winners so far this offseason - we retained our own important free agents, we are returning all 22 starters from last years playoff team (with the sad exception of Sean Taylor) and we have a full draft including 4 picks in the first 3 rounds.

The questions mark is around the coaching hire - but at least Zorn is an out of the box hire not a 'biggest name out there' hire which is what would have happended a few years ago.

Archived