Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Eagles to sign TE Kris Wilson

Skins4ever1

Wow, the eagles are really loading up on offense... lol

I can't believe the eagles won't get a receiver for Mcnabb. Heck, bryant johnson, jerry porter, or stallworth again would of been enough to make that aerial attack fearsome. Kevin Curtis, and Reggie Brown are not the playmakers they need on offense. The have westbrook, that is the extent of their playmakers imo.

Wow, the eagles are really loading up on offense... lol

I can't believe the eagles won't get a receiver for Mcnabb. Heck, bryant johnson, jerry porter, or stallworth again would of been enough to make that aerial attack fearsome. Kevin Curtis, and Reggie Brown are not the playmakers they need on offense. The have westbrook, that is the extent of their playmakers imo.

For those of you who don't know much about this guy...

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20080326_Eagles_add_tight_end_Wilson.html

Eagles add tight end Wilson

Daily News Staff Report

The Eagles have signed free-agent tight end Kris Wilson to a 3-year deal. Terms were not disclosed.

Wilson, 26, spent the last four seasons in Kansas City, where he caught 42 passes for 345 yards and four touchdowns as a tight end, H-back, and fullback. Last season he had a career-high 24 receptions for 180 yards and one score.

Wilson said the Eagles coaches told him he will primarily be working as a tight end. His signing gives the Eagles four tight ends heading into minicamp in early May. The Birds also have L.J. Smith, Matt Schobel and Brent Celek, the team's fifth-round draft choice last April.

"My strengths are stretching the field, catching the ball, beating defenders one-on-one, mixing it up, and blocking guys; a lot of the all-around things that tight ends do," he said. "I think, at the tight end position, you have to be a jack of all trades. I think that I can mix it up and do a number of things on the field."

Wilson (6-2, 251) also has 15 career tackles on special teams and has played a number of positions on both the kickoff and punt teams. He said he expects to play special teams with the Birds as well.

Wilson said he also had free-agent visits with Green Bay and Tampa Bay, but said his background helped him decide to sign with the Eagles.

Born in Harrisburg and a product of J.P. McCaskey High School in Lancaster, Wilson was a second-round draft choice of the Chiefs in 2004 from the University of Pittsburgh.

"I definitely wanted to go somewhere where we're going to win games," he said. "Everybody knows that in this business, winning is everything. Also, being in a good offense, a balanced attack that can kill you with the run and kill you with the pass. Being close to home, I'm a Pennsylvania boy. I grew up in the area, I still live in the area, although I live in New Jersey now. I grew up an Eagles fan."

This addition gives the Eagles another red zone target who along with a healthy LJ and Westbrook gives McNabb more options. With his ST play, he adds versatility. The team has focused on FB and ST since it signed Samuel...don't forget that both Clemons and Klecko play ST also.....I like the direction the team is headed...it makes somethings clearer now...

They will draft a S or OT in Round 1, a WR or CB in Round 2....

Schobel....doesn't play ST, doesn't block, slow and always looks confused.

It looks like you guys have been focusing on turnovers on defense and improving the special teams so far this offseason. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys do something big on draft day or the week prior. I dont see how Lito Sheperd is not traded.

Given the option of adding Bryant Johnson or Jerry Porter, I would have much rather stayed put. Stallworth would have been an intriguing addition.

Schobel gets cut.

Unless Lito Sheppard brings back a CLEAR upgrade at WR, I hope we keep him. Having the best set of 3 CBs in the league is worth more than trading for a late 2nd round pick.

Unless Lito Sheppard brings back a CLEAR upgrade at WR, I hope we keep him. Having the best set of 3 CBs in the league is worth more than trading for a late 2nd round pick.
I agree with you. You can't have enough good corners and he'd be a nice #3 but doesn't he want big money?

I agree with you. You can't have enough good corners and he'd be a nice #3 but doesn't he want big money?

I want a 3 million dollar house on the water in St. Michaels with a woman who buffs my package each day when I return home who doesn't ask any questions when its time for me to go to bed.

Given the option of adding Bryant Johnson or Jerry Porter, I would have much rather stayed put. Stallworth would have been an intriguing addition.

Schobel gets cut.

Watch for the team to copycat the offer Hot Lanta did with Hall. If he does stay though, the team would have 3 CBs on par with the old Taylor, Vincent, Harris level.

If he does stay though, the team would have 3 CBs on par with the old Taylor, Vincent, Harris level.

That's what I want. Otherwise, the addition of Samuel is merely a Great Cb over a Good CB. I'd prefer having the Great CB and the Good CB at the same time.

I'm not sure Lito's value is nearly as high as Hall's was. His injury history, and the fact that his current team went out and replaced him have really hurt his value. At this point, he's more valuable as the best Nickel corner in the league.

That's what I want. Otherwise, the addition of Samuel is merely a Great Cb over a Good CB. I'd prefer having the Great CB and the Good CB at the same time.

I'm not sure Lito's value is nearly as high as Hall's was. His injury history, and the fact that his current team went out and replaced him have really hurt his value. At this point, he's more valuable as the best Nickel corner in the league.

Did you hear what Hugh Douglas said yesterday morning? I found the discussion on the EMB...though Hugh blows smoke, I can see what he talked about happening.

In case you folks don't know, supposedly Lito went all Trotter on Reid last weekend and he claims that Lito is 100% gone. The big rumor is the the Rams are looking at him. The rumor states - Lito and the Eagles 1st (Pick #19) for the Rams 1st (Pick #2) The deal kind of makes sense because the Rams are in need of secondary help and holding the #2 pick in the draft would give Reid all types of leverage to trade up and down. If this goes down, expect the team to them drop out of the top 5 and into the top 15. They have their eyes set on OT Williams and if the right deal comes, the team could get several other picks (2nd, 4th picks could work) and its known the team has fallen in love with Vandy WR Earl Bennett.

Did you hear what Hugh Douglas said yesterday morning? I found the discussion on the EMB...though Hugh blows smoke, I can see what he talked about happening.

In case you folks don't know, supposedly Lito went all Trotter on Reid last weekend and he claims that Lito is 100% gone. The big rumor is the the Rams are looking at him. The rumor states - Lito and the Eagles 1st (Pick #19) for the Rams 1st (Pick #2) The deal kind of makes sense because the Rams are in need of secondary help and holding the #2 pick in the draft would give Reid all types of leverage to trade up and down. If this goes down, expect the team to them drop out of the top 5 and into the top 15. They have their eyes set on OT Williams and if the right deal comes, the team could get several other picks (2nd, 4th picks could work) and its known the team has fallen in love with Vandy WR Earl Bennett.

That would be unbelievable. I'd personally be shocked if Lito had that sort of value. I read that the Rams are interested, but it really seems like a pipe dream that the CB we just went out of our way to replace (who hasn't played a full season in 3 years) could move us up 17 spots to the number 2 pick in the draft. A second round pick wouldn't do that much, and there's been speculation that teams aren't even willing to give a second rounder for Lito.

That would be unbelievable. I'd personally be shocked if Lito had that sort of value. I read that the Rams are interested, but it really seems like a pipe dream that the CB we just went out of our way to replace (who hasn't played a full season in 3 years) could move us up 17 spots to the number 2 pick in the draft. A second round pick wouldn't do that much, and there's been speculation that teams aren't even willing to give a second rounder for Lito.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=488635

Here's the link from the EMB. The entire thread has a +10 for the pure Entertainment factor alone.

I'm starting to get the feeling though that he might very well stick around for one more season.

I'm starting to get the feeling though that he might very well stick around for one more season.

I mean, what choice does he have?

He's already considered injury prone. If he wants a new contract, establishing himself as a cancerous malcontent isn't going to help his cause very much.

Archived