Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fabini?? does it mean no OL in 1st round?

jujuskinsfan

Now I have my own shizzle to smoke I'll counter the 'we shouldn't draft OL in the 1st' with 'we should do that AND draft another with our 5th'.

Here's some people we should be looking at:

1st Brandon Albert.

I can understand us going Tackle (or a number of other positions) if someone we like slips, but I hope it doesn't happen. With Kendall's knees only permitting him to run block straight ahead we need an upgrade. Kendall then goes from a solid starter to a good backup/guy to spell our starters. He has the experience to do it and it might prolong his useful career. Fabini then goes from being a poor replacement for a long term injury to be a guy to rotate and be the back up if we do get an injury. If our guys can stay relatively healthy we would almost have a damn good line.... see pick 5.

2nd Dre Moore would be good, as would Trevor Laws. Guys who have the physical tools and talent to develop into good pass rushing DTs. I'm sure Montgomery is going to be a real force this season and I have hopes that Chris Wilson is hitting the gym hard right now. A talented guy to learn off of Griffen now will complete the group of players we have currently.

3rd Jordy Nelson would be good if available, James Hardy if not. I like Moss on slants and going deep. Mix was a play maker on Teams and has great size to move the chains and be a red zone threat. Randle-El in the slot and we could have some fun with 4 or even 5 WRs on the field.

3rd Comp Owen Schmitt just for fun. Fans would love a bruiser like him. So would the team I feel and our red zone threat options would be fun to game plan for. Schmitt leading for Sellars and the reverse would create some highlight reel film :D

5th John Sullivan C Notre Dame be agood pick here. Might be able to get his butt high to help JC. Sounds like he likes to get hits on LBers too. This pick rounds out the OL and would have me smiling at the thought of taking on the Gnats SB winning DL. If healthy we're rotating a great group and if we have injuries their back ups are a good standard. Will provide the necessary time and space for the talent behind them to put on the points.

Later rounds I'm looking LB/SS and a punt returner. Two LBers wouldn't make me unhappy. Picking up a K and P would also bring some competition to guys who need to take the next step to really excel. I guess we need to be looking at a bunch of players projected late/undrafted.

EDIT: This stuff I'm smoking must be real good. I forgot to add I was gonna look to add to our CBs by signing a guy called Adam Jones ;)

I wouldn't mind drafting a guard in the first round.

Zorn will have to adapt the WCO to the NFC East. Pass protect or smashmouth D's will hurt your QB.

And offenses like feature running backs and monstrous O-lines.

Or maybe we should pick one of those 6-4 inch WRs.

Just curious.... How many draft picks would it take to trade up for Dorsey or Ellis?

I pretty much agree with this. I don't think we necessarily need to spend our 1st on OL but we also should address it before later rounds. I'd like to see us either pick up a quality OG in the 2nd with a DE/DT and CB in the 3rd (if we have compensatory picks) or a CB in the 2nd with OG DE/DT in the 3rd (again, assuming compensatory picks.) After that BPA. We would have at least 3 more picks so we could stock up on another OL project, a S or LB project.

This is actually pretty close to what is probably actually going to happen I think.

Archived