Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Mock from Fanball

GIBBS LIVES

I agree totally. Portis cant go a whole season without some type of injury, hopefully nothing major, but we have to have a legitimate back-up. Betts is that guy.
RB and QB and TE are the only three positions on the team with quality starters and skilled, proven and affordable backups. That is exactly what you buld a team for. And around. Some would argue QB is not proven. So maybe RB & TE are our only settled positions. I can't understand why anybody wants to mess with our RB situation. We have enough problems.

Betts is worth way more to us than his value in a trade anyway. Many argue he might be able to start with some teams, but he CHOOSES to be a Redskin.

]']I think we have 9' date=' but we're probably going to go to a ton of pro days. Even if we don't want a player thats the highlight of a Pro Day, we'll go for kicks. Why else would we have gone for Matt Ryan and JaMarcus Russell's Pro Day.[/quote']

I don't know about for kicks, but you're definitely right in suggesting that there are plenty of attractions at a Pro Day, not just one guy.

It's worth mentioning that our presence at Vanderbilt's Pro Day may have been for WR Earl Bennett, who is absolutely ideal for the WCO.

Interesting prediction with the Skins taking an OT in the first round. I would by lying if I told you that I would be disappointed with this pick. There is no doubt that the Skins need more depth on the o-line, as well as an eventual replacement for Samuels and Jansen (Jansen gets hurt every year anyways).

Chris Williams seems like a very solid prospect from what I have read.

I agree totally. Portis cant go a whole season without some type of injury, hopefully nothing major, but we have to have a legitimate back-up. Betts is that guy. Forget about last year with Betts. He didnt put up big yardage because he didnt get many carries. He has proven that when given a chance, he can produce. Perhaps Rock could be a good back-up to Portis but we dont know that. As for all you Marcus Mason homers, what has he done so far? Nothing!

So he's not even a thought to be the #2 back. Give Betts a break. The guy has been a good player and a stand up guy for this team.

:2cents:

:applause: We already know if the line is decent......and Betts goes in, he can run for over 1000 yards in just half a season. A Redskin record.

Add onto that his salary.....1/5th that of the current starter.....and you would have to be insane to think you could possibly replace that.

Another runner at 1/5th the salary, that can put up 1000 on the ground, plus receiving and kickoff returns if necessary? Anyone really thinks we can find that without breaking the bank?

Please. :laugh:

We should be hoping we can find 5 more like him.

Archived