Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

21st Pick

dfos81

Kelly is 10 times better than Sweed. Just go to Youtube and you will see. Its no contest. All the balls Sweed catches come to him most of the time. Kelly actually has to go after it to catch it.

Anybody can look good on a highlight video.

However I do agree that Kelly is better than Sweed, but I'd rather have Branden Albert.

We don't need a stinking receiver....we need D line help and another quality safety.

You don't think we need a WR, wow.....i hate to see what a poll would look like for others that agree w/ you vs. ones that would like a stud WR.

Based on last season I belive our D-line was more consistent and just played better than most expected and our WR core, did the opposite, and disappointed more than expected.

So if a stud like Kelly or Sweed are still available you really can't complain about that kind of addition. The D-lineman run deeper in this draft than the WR's..chances are we could still get a D-lineman w/ a 1st round grade in the 2nd round.

We definetly need a big reciever no doubt..but I don't think first round..Kelly will be gone for sure and I agree that either one of them dosen't appear to be mindblowing..If DRC is gone which is pretty likley I say we pick up Albert and then look at reciever and corners..bring on JORDY!!

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

Question:

Are any of the projected 1st round wideouts and corners extremely standout returners?

I believe the best returner of the group would be Desean Jackson from Cal. But he's not the biggest guy (5'11")

I do believe that Devin Thomas did some returning in MSU, but don't quote me on that.

If you're getting at ARE should be done returning punts, I would agree unless he started running north and south...

No thank you, we already have a light DE that specializes in rushing the passer by the name of Chris Wilson. Reading this guys stats and scouting report, he sounds just like Wilson

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=10512

Derrick Harvey is almost 30 pounds heavier than Wilson. "On 47 running plays directed into his area, the opposition was held to minus 28 yards (-0.6 avg)." It sounds like he can do more than rush the passer. He's not my favorite prospect but I believe he would be better than Merling. Hopefully he's faster than his 4.84 time though. I kinda expected him to run low 4.7s. He's no Gholston or Long but he could be a very good player for us.

I'll defer on this. I'm not a fan of using this pick on a WR, but if Vinny and Co. pull the trigger, so be it.

I haven't been impressed by Sweed or Kelly by their highlight videos. I don't see anything remotely special about either guy. Well, Sweed does make a pretty crazy catch in the back of the endzone, I'll give him that.

Someone like Thomas, Hardy, Doucet, Manningham, etc will be around by our number two pick. I'd rather take a chance there and use our first rounder on OL/DL.

cmon now......we need a player like lame-arse sweed in the first round. the inconsistent run game and pass blocking all trace to wideouts. can't you see? we need to burn more money on a wideout - especially in a year in which none of the talent is standout. CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

Archived