Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

21st Pick

dfos81

With the 21st pick the Washington Redskins select.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

WR MALCOLM KELLY from the University of Oklahoma

(I searched for any postive threads regarding Malcolm Kelly going 21st in the draft. All I found was "Malcolm Kelley...another rapping reciever???")

This young cat is 6'4" 220,

(according to nfl scouting combine 2008) he is a.....

"Big-time playmaker who is a threat to score every time he touches the ball and must be accounted for at all times...

Does a good job of reading coverage and adjusting in his routes, especially when working underneath...Has the ability to pull away from second-level defenders after the catch, using his strength to break arm tackles...Alert to pocket pressure, showing urgency working back to the ball...Solid short-area receiver that gets his head around quickly to locate the ball, remaining focused going for the ball in a crowd, as he knows how to use his frame to shield defenders.

He is really a perfect fit for a west coast offense looking for a big target over the middle w/ slants and underneath w/ curls."

I belive our chances of a good D-lineman in the 2nd round are better than trying to reach on a WR. We need both and when was the last time we went Offense in the 1st rd, just mho but Kelly seems to be a good solid pick and should still be available.

I am an OU fan so I may seem lil biased but everything you read on his scouting combine report is true and I watched it 1st hand for some years.

Also the fact that our HC is a former Qbs coach, you know he's looking to help our young Qb w/ giving him bigger targets for his system.

So whats your thoughts guys?

He's been mocked to us by a couple of sites like www.nfldraftcountdown.com, but I really don't see him getting to us at #21. I think he'll go to the Bills who are in the market for a receiver. Vinny has stated that he likes Kelly, though. So if he drops to us I think we'll seriously consider taking him.

Also, you might want to consider adding Kelly to your thread title. Based on the thread title I had no idea this was a Kelly thread.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed

You really think Limas Sweed will still be around the 21st pick.

But if he is, you can't really pass him up... so yeah if Sweed still around he's the pick. He did have a wrist injury so it could be possible.

Both Sweed or Kelly would be fine w/ me. Both have very similar abilities which not many in the draft have these abilities.

Both rank 5th (Kelly) and 6th (Sweed) in schools history for receptions in a career.

Kelly had 21tds in his career at OU

Sweed 20tds

So both show big playmaker abilities and our up in the tops of both schools history for WR stats and these 2 schools have a pretty deep history.

I'll defer on this. I'm not a fan of using this pick on a WR, but if Vinny and Co. pull the trigger, so be it.

I haven't been impressed by Sweed or Kelly by their highlight videos. I don't see anything remotely special about either guy. Well, Sweed does make a pretty crazy catch in the back of the endzone, I'll give him that.

Someone like Thomas, Hardy, Doucet, Manningham, etc will be around by our number two pick. I'd rather take a chance there and use our first rounder on OL/DL.

With the 21st pick the Washington Redskins select.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

WR MALCOLM KELLY from the University of Oklahoma

(I searched for any postive threads regarding Malcolm Kelly going 21st in the draft. All I found was "Malcolm Kelley...another rapping reciever???")

This young cat is 6'4" 220,

(according to nfl scouting combine 2008) he is a.....

"Big-time playmaker who is a threat to score every time he touches the ball and must be accounted for at all times...

Does a good job of reading coverage and adjusting in his routes, especially when working underneath...Has the ability to pull away from second-level defenders after the catch, using his strength to break arm tackles...Alert to pocket pressure, showing urgency working back to the ball...Solid short-area receiver that gets his head around quickly to locate the ball, remaining focused going for the ball in a crowd, as he knows how to use his frame to shield defenders.

He is really a perfect fit for a west coast offense looking for a big target over the middle w/ slants and underneath w/ curls."

I belive our chances of a good D-lineman in the 2nd round are better than trying to reach on a WR. We need both and when was the last time we went Offense in the 1st rd, just mho but Kelly seems to be a good solid pick and should still be available.

I am an OU fan so I may seem lil biased but everything you read on his scouting combine report is true and I watched it 1st hand for some years.

Also the fact that our HC is a former Qbs coach, you know he's looking to help our young Qb w/ giving him bigger targets for his system.

So whats your thoughts guys?

i doubt it, dont hold your breath

this is a pretty good breakdown from Sableholic

Lineman with 10 or more sacks

jared allen = 4th round

osi = 2nd round

patrick kerney = near bottom of the first (30th)

mario williams = 1st pick

Elvis Dumervil = 4th round

trent cole = 5th round

aaron kampman = 5th round

Kyle Vanden Bosch = 2nd round

Jason Taylor = 3rd round

Andre Carter = 1st round

Justin Tuck = 3rd round

Breakdown:

1st round = 3

2nd round = 2

3rd round = 2

4th round = 2

5th round = 2

WRs with 1000 or more yards

Reggie Wayne = near bottom of the 1st round (30th)

randy moss = 1st round (21st pick)

chad johnson = 2nd round

Larry Fitzgerald = 1st round (3rd pick)

Terrell Owens = 3rd round

Brandon Marshall = 4th round

Braylon Edwards = 1st round (3rd pick)

Marques Colston = 7th round

Roddy White = 1st round (27th pick)

Torry Holt = 1st round (6th pick)

Wes Welker = undrafted

Bobby Engram = 2nd round

T.J. Houshmandzadeh = 7th round

Jerricho Cotchery = 4th round

Kevin Curtis = 3rd round

Derrick Mason = 4th round

Donald Driver = 7th round

Plaxico Burress = 1st round (8th pick)

Joey Galloway = 1st round (8th pick)

Steve Smith = 3rd round

1st round = 8

2nd round = 2

3rd round = 3

4th round = 3

5th round = 0

6th round = 0

7th round = 3

undrafted = 1

The breakdown becomes even bigger if you do 1200+:

1st round = 5

2nd round = 1

3rd round = 1

4th round = 1

7th round = 1

Look at these stats however you want, but I think I tend to agree more with the people pushing for a WR with our first pick.

I'll defer on this. I'm not a fan of using this pick on a WR, but if Vinny and Co. pull the trigger, so be it.

I haven't been impressed by Sweed or Kelly by their highlight videos. I don't see anything remotely special about either guy. Well, Sweed does make a pretty crazy catch in the back of the endzone, I'll give him that.

Someone like Thomas, Hardy, Doucet, Manningham, etc will be around by our number two pick. I'd rather take a chance there and use our first rounder on OL/DL.

Yep, and maybe our 2nd rounder on the OL/DL as well. I would wait till the 3rd round before looking at a WR. I would love to see the team start building from the trenches outward.

If Kelly is there, take him. If Sweed is there and draws interest from a team below us, trade out. Take Devin Thomas in a low first round position.

:2cents:

Name: *Devin Thomas

College: Michigan StateNumber: 5

Height: 6-2 Weight: 215

Position: WRPos2:

Class/Draft Year: Jr/2008

40 Time: 4.40 40 Low: 4.32 40 High: 4.47</FONT>

Projected Round: 1 Stock: up.gif

Rated number 1 out of 339 WR's 18 / 2556 TOTAL</FONT></STRONG>

Just say NO to a WR in the first round we need help on the D-Line

We need help on the D-line but we also need help at WR. I say take the best player available at either position. Do we really know who the best player is at our need positions. I belive Kelly will be a good pick but who knows.

Archived