Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could TB's Cadillac Williams Career Be Over?

2006Skins

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_football_buccaneer/2008/03/where-does-cadi.html

Click Link for Rest of Article

Quietly, there are some concerns within the organization that Williams' injury may have been career-ending. Given the magnitude of the damage, that certainly is a possibility, but no one has resigned themselves to that dooms-day scenario yet.

This is devastating news, as young Williams showed a lot of promise.

Here's to hoping for a great comeback

sucks if true and hope he makes it back, but we lost ST in all aspects so I don't feel bad for the fans of the bucs or any fans of a team who lose a star player......

****, glad most fans showed more class and compassion than that. ST was a complete loss yes. But if this is true a young talented man lost his lively hood and out of respect diserves more than that.

sucks if true and hope he makes it back, but we lost ST in all aspects so I don't feel bad for the fans of the bucs or any fans of a team who lose a star player......

Interesting way to look at it.

One would think losing ST would make Skins fans (or anyone) more sympathetic to sudden losses.

Yea thats how I feel........our guy lost his life not just a career......if sean had a choice what do u think he would of chosen? Some of you got to screw your heads on straight.......being able to play football v. life.....

Gee.... you mean like Joe Theismann? Would you say the same thing about him/the skins?

What does Joey T have anything to do with this? you do know Joe was at the end of his career when he was injuried, not in his second or third year? At that point in his career his injury wasn't a real loss.

Yea thats how I feel........our guy lost his life not just a career......if sean had a choice what do u think he would of chosen? Some of you got to screw your heads on straight.......being able to play football v. life.....

What does Joey T have anything to do with this? you do know Joe was at the end of his career when he was injuried, not in his second or third year? At that point in his career his injury wasn't a real loss.

I don't think that's what any of the posters have been saying.... Of course having Sean Taylor alive would be the most important thing here. Let's say he got shot in the spine and was paralyzed - football over forever - but he still had life. I think we'd all have preferred that - and people still would have shown Sean/the Redskins/fans sympathy because of the tragic circumstances and loss of his professional life - wether or not it was on the field and an opposing team.

Your original quote was that you would never feel sorry for another team or player because Sen Taylor's loss was so much worse. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't make the argument that "since my loss was worse than yours - you get no sympathy from me". That's why I brought up Joe T.'s injury it - was career ending, and no matter the time in the career and we felt the loss, just like the Bucs will feel with Williams gone. It really sucks for any player and the team as a whole and you've got to feel sympathy for the guy - even if he plays for another team.

Hell - I may get blasted for this, but I felt bad for Michael Irvin - I hated that he was a CowPuke and that he got the better of us a few times, but I didn't want the guy to get a neck injury like that. I much would have rather seen us beat him on the field of battle.

CADILLAC EXPECTS TO PLAY THIS YEAR

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 14, 2008, 2:10 p.m.

The knee injury that cut short Buccaneers running back Cadillac Williams’ 2007 season was serious enough that there have been doubts he’ll be able to play in 2008.

But Williams says he’ll be ready to go.

Oh yeah, no doubt,” Williams tells Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times. “I definitely have a great shot. I feel good about it.”

Still, the torn patellar tendon that Williams suffered on September 30 against the Carolina Panthers was serious enough that Williams feared that his career was over.

“You’re laying in bed, you’re doing rehab and you can’t move your leg,” Williams said. “So you start to think that even though the doctor is telling you, ‘Whoa, they’re just speculating, be patient.’ But we’re human. You get to thinking like, ‘Man, maybe it is [career threatening]’.”

Williams tells Stroud he’s rehabbing with light squats, running up the stairs at Raymond James Stadium, jogging and running at full speed in the pool. Although Williams says he hopes to be ready to go by training camp, a more realistic expectation might be that he’ll start the season on the Buccaneers’ physically unable to perform list.

If healthy, Williams is likely to be the starter in Tampa Bay. If Williams can’t play, running backs Earnest Graham, Michael Bennett and the newly signed Warrick Dunn will all compete for carries.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

CADILLAC EXPECTS TO PLAY THIS YEAR

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 14, 2008, 2:10 p.m.

The knee injury that cut short Buccaneers running back Cadillac Williams’ 2007 season was serious enough that there have been doubts he’ll be able to play in 2008.

But Williams says he’ll be ready to go.

Oh yeah, no doubt,” Williams tells Rick Stroud of the St. Petersburg Times. “I definitely have a great shot. I feel good about it.”

Still, the torn patellar tendon that Williams suffered on September 30 against the Carolina Panthers was serious enough that Williams feared that his career was over.

“You’re laying in bed, you’re doing rehab and you can’t move your leg,” Williams said. “So you start to think that even though the doctor is telling you, ‘Whoa, they’re just speculating, be patient.’ But we’re human. You get to thinking like, ‘Man, maybe it is [career threatening]’.”

Williams tells Stroud he’s rehabbing with light squats, running up the stairs at Raymond James Stadium, jogging and running at full speed in the pool. Although Williams says he hopes to be ready to go by training camp, a more realistic expectation might be that he’ll start the season on the Buccaneers’ physically unable to perform list.

If healthy, Williams is likely to be the starter in Tampa Bay. If Williams can’t play, running backs Earnest Graham, Michael Bennett and the newly signed Warrick Dunn will all compete for carries.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

I hope he's right. From what TB has been doing this offseason, it doesn't look like they believe this...

The Dolphins are confident that both Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams will be ready to answer the bell on opening day.

Says Brown's agent, "He's started running a while ago, is lifting weights, is in great spirits and on track." The rapid recovery of both Brown and Williams has had an impact on the Dolphins' free agent strategy as the team has not signed a running back among its 11 free agent additions.

Source: South Florida Sun Sentinal

Archived