Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.com: Rogers 'Making Progress' With Knee Rehab

#98QBKiller

I hope he can make a full recovery. The CB position relies on speed and agility in matching up with WRs. Back before he was drafted, Rogers had an excellent 3-cone drill (agility) at the combine. The 3rd highest time recorded all-time at the combine. Also, one of the tops in the shuttle drill (close to Champ Bailey's time). Link: http://gnb.scout.com/2/732296.html

It won't be until about December that Carlos starts to regain his old form, since an injury like his takes about a full year to really start to get it back. Just look at Donovan McNabb this past season and his production at the start of the season when he was just easing in again compared to the end of the season when he was playing pretty well and became pretty mobile again.

It'll be good to have Carlos back, the guy was playing like a real stud before he got hurt and unlike the unfounded popular opinion on this board, worth the high pick we took him at.

And I still don't get why people act like he played so horribly his 2nd season. Him and Taylor were the only ones doing ANYTHING while the rest of the defense was either injured or playing terribly.

To all the naysayers , he may not be the greatest(right now) but he has improved every year, so give him a chance....unless of course you think I'm drinking too much Kool-Aid :laugh:

i think he is a heck of a #2 CB but not a true #1, and i dont think he ever will be

people are down on Rogers because he was a #9 overall pick and he is a #2 corner, where he should have been a #1 with how high he was taken.
What does this mean? Did he not shut down Steve Smith 1 on 1 in 2006? Did he not shut down Drew Brees and Marques Colston? He hadn't even given up a touchdown before he got hurt in 2007.

What does it mean when someone says "he's not a #1 corner?" Based on what? Williams' defense doesn't even use 1 or 2 corners, they just play sides of the field. It was why we saw Mike Rumph matched up on T.O. against Dallas in 2006.

Rogers played pretty well when he came in late in 2005 as a rookie, featuring a standout game against the Chargers and his game saving play against Shepherd in the Bucs playoff game where he poked the ball out to make it an incomplete pass instead of a touchdown. He, along with the rest of the defense in 2006, had a tougher season, but like I said earlier, Rogers and Taylor were the only ones doing anything positive on defense for most of the season. It's not like Taylor was playing real well- he was getting caught out of position constantly and yet people chalk it up to him just trying to make plays to make up for everyone else sucking, and yet Rogers supposedly just stunk. Makes no sense that Taylor gets a free pass and Rogers is made into a bum. And in 2007 Rogers played lights out until his injury, literally people weren't even throwing his way- they were attacking Springs instead.

What else does the man have to prove? It amazes me how some people around here actively look for ways our top players and top draft picks can be disappointments, whether it's Campbell or Rogers. I almost feel bad for whoever we take in the first round this year already.

I hope the guy comes on strong and even improves upon his football skills. He's caught a lot of hell for being a top pick and whatever else these nincumpoops could come up with, but if he can continue where he left off, I'd definitely call that success.

What does this mean? Did he not shut down Steve Smith 1 on 1 in 2006? Did he not shut down Drew Br

ees and Marques Colston? He hadn't even given up a touchdown before he got hurt in 2007.

What does it mean when someone says "he's not a #1 corner?" Based on what? Williams' defense doesn't even use 1 or 2 corners, they just play sides of the field. It was why we saw Mike Rumph matched up on T.O. against Dallas in 2006.

Rogers played pretty well when he came in late in 2005 as a rookie, featuring a standout game against the Chargers and his game saving play against Shepherd in the Bucs playoff game where he poked the ball out to make it an incomplete pass instead of a touchdown. He, along with the rest of the defense in 2006, had a tougher season, but like I said earlier, Rogers and Taylor were the only ones doing anything positive on defense for most of the season. It's not like Taylor was playing real well- he was getting caught out of position constantly and yet people chalk it up to him just trying to make plays to make up for everyone else sucking, and yet Rogers supposedly just stunk. Makes no sense that Taylor gets a free pass and Rogers is made into a bum. And in 2007 Rogers played lights out until his injury, literally people weren't even throwing his way- they were attacking Springs instead.

What else does the man have to prove? It amazes me how some people around here actively look for ways our top players and top draft picks can be disappointments, whether it's Campbell or Rogers. I almost feel bad for whoever we take in the first round this year already.

Great post.. completely agree. I think he must wait his appropriate time and not rush back on his injury or he will never be 100% again. But if hes ready by the season opener he will be the best corner we have come playoff time.

The fact that Carlos may never be the same, and that Springs and Smoot are usually hurt. We need to draft a CB. I would love Cromartie at #21 but his stock is on the rise and may not be there.

** If thats the case it just pushes these guys down to us hopefully.......

CB Mike Jenkins, South Florida (6' 200lbs ran 4.38 40 was a true shutdown corner)

CB Leodis McKelvin Troy (5'11" 186 ran 4.35 was slated as the top cb in draft)

If not we should not go Talib we can get a better value pick with a WR.

Archived