Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jets doing their best Redskin impersonation...

PalmettoRedskin

First, I would like to say that i've been a lurker since the beginning and enjoy this forum immensely. The majority of the members here are very knowledgable and passionate, and I respect that. Ok, enough of the ass-kissing.........

Now, I must say its refreshing to see our beloved Skins laying back during this first wave of free agency.

I can remember how excited I was when I heard we signed Bruce Smith, Deion Sanders, etc. back in Snyders early years. But, i'm more excited this year that our front office has learned to be patient and not overspend.

It seems the Jets are taking our "old school" approach this year.

This is from one of my favorite online football news sites...kffl.com.

:dallasuck

Jets | Anonymous player complains about spending spree

Wed, 5 Mar 2008 20:29:17 -0800

ESPN.com reports an anonymous New York Jets player complained to the New York Daily News about the team's spending spree during this year's free agency period. The Jets have given out approximately $142 million for four players with $74 million of it guaranteed. "You pay guys you don't even know, and the guys in the locker room -- the guys that have your back -- you don't give a damn about them. It shows where the loyalty is," the anonymous player said. He added, "They're getting rid of the young guys and bringing in old guys. I don't know what they're doing."

And they're doing a fine job of it too!

I also see in your post that some of the Jets veterans are grumbling about all the money they shelled out for those new comers.

We'll see how Mangini handles team chemistry and that split in their locker room come the start of the year.

Good luck with that NYJ... :laugh:

Just a heads up, it helps to use the search function before posting a new thread (if it works). There was already a thread about this article, and the thread had the exact same title. Generally, if the article is more than 1 day old it has already been posted here.

Teams break the bank when they think they are a few pieces away from the Lombardi... Unfortunately, Snyder thought that every years since he has been here, except for this year. We might as well try a different approach because breaking the bank didnt work. Im surprised the Jets (who are more then a few pieces away) didnt learn from our expensive experiment.

Winning shuts people up. They were competive and held leads going into the second half of games last year. If these additions contribute, the Jets can be a playoff team. Take note that it was an anonymous player. I hate those kind of chickens. If you are serious about your comments, then make your name known.

Winning shuts people up. They were competive and held leads going into the second half of games last year. If these additions contribute, the Jets can be a playoff team. Take note that it was an anonymous player. I hate those kind of chickens. If you are serious about your comments, then make your name known.

I'd bet the house that Laveranues Coles is the "anonymous player".

Just a heads up, it helps to use the search function before posting a new thread (if it works). There was already a thread about this article, and the thread had the exact same title. Generally, if the article is more than 1 day old it has already been posted here.

Sorry, i hope i didn't offend anyone here. I tried to use it but i don't think it is working. Or maybe i wasn't using it right.

Sorry again.

Sorry, i hope i didn't offend anyone here. I tried to use it but i don't think it is working. Or maybe i wasn't using it right.

Sorry again.

Hey there. You're fine. If the search doesn't work just scan the first 2 pages to see if you see it on there. The reason being is we get a ton of separate threads about the same thing, so it is hard to have a focused conversation about that 1 topic. :)

Archived